Tt for wharfedale 9.2 & norge 1000 combo

visvan1970

Dear all,Have bought wharf 9.2 speakers with norge 1000 gold amp a couple of months back courtsey the various inputs thro this forums members! Many thanks to them.Now got the temptation to go for a TT to go along with my set up.Budget is limited to 10k max. Am based at Chennai. Wld also like to know abt the connectivity issue of The TT to my Norge amp. That is will be required to buy additional hardware for the same. Thanks in advance.Visu

TT = Turn Table....
the amp needs to have a phono stage for the TT...one good advice i was given was to go for a TT only if one already had a stock of vinyls ..otherwise the edge in the sound would be apparent only after spending significant sums of money..

Last edited:
You require a phono Pre amp ..which NORGE LACKS! ( many amps have onboard phono pre amp)
Norge makes phono pre..
AFAIK ukvijayraj had norge phono pre for sale ,contach him.
also collect a good no of vinyals...and check whether your favorite jonour is available on vinyl
also records are expeensive ( new one costs more than CD,prices start at Rs 600 but average is around Rs.1000)

if u like to listen to indian music from >25 yrs back, go for vinyls. there are many vinyl listeners from chennai on forum from whom u can borrow vinyls for listening. ur own collection gets built up over time.
my advice- go for a cheap vinyl spinner... philips 242 or garrard .. get a good technics cartridge , spend some money on vinyl cleaning rig. clean dust free vinyls will sound like heaven at max. 5-6k this way, all inclusive.

if u like to listen to indian music from >25 yrs back, go for vinyls. there are many vinyl listeners from chennai on forum from whom u can borrow vinyls for listening. ur own collection gets built up over time.
my advice- go for a cheap vinyl spinner... philips 242 or garrard .. get a good technics cartridge , spend some money on vinyl cleaning rig. clean dust free vinyls will sound like heaven at max. 5-6k this way, all inclusive.

Garrard for less than a few 1000? Where ?

Dear all,Have bought wharf 9.2 speakers with norge 1000 gold amp a couple of months back courtsey the various inputs thro this forums members! Many thanks to them.Now got the temptation to go for a TT to go along with my set up.Budget is limited to 10k max. Am based at Chennai. Wld also like to know abt the connectivity issue of The TT to my Norge amp. That is will be required to buy additional hardware for the same. Thanks in advance.Visu

hai Visvan,

You should have ordered your 2060 with Phono input. Ask Mr.Bajaj to send the Phono pre board which you can fix inside the amp.

But if you do not have TT right now i advise you to not to go for it, since the Vinyls are rare these days and new vinyls are costly. And availability of your preferred genre of music has to be confirmed.

Instead I suggest that you purchase a good source like Marantz CDP and collect CDs of good SQ, from places like landmark, chennai where they have imported CDs.

Just my 2 Rs.

N.Murali

Last edited:
hai Visvan,

You should have ordered your 2060 with Phono input. Ask Mr.Bajaj to send the Phono pre board which you can fix inside the amp.

But if you do not have TT right now i advise you to not to go for it, since the Vinyls are rare these days and new vinyls are costly. And availability of your preferred genre of music has to be confirmed.

Instead I suggest that you purchase a good source like Marantz CDP and collect CDs of good SQ, from places like landmark, chennai where they have imported CDs.

Just my 2 Rs.

N.Murali

dear murali, thanks for the inputs. As i have mentioned buying a TT is just at temptation stage! The thing i wanted to know was which TT s can i consider buying. Will Denon DP-29F be suitable. Will this solve the phono pre amp prob. Because think this model has one inbuilt. Or any other TT u can suggest.inputs please!rgds.visu

@ gobble
i fail to understand , what gives u that idea.. did i ever mean that??? garrard for <few kays??
the best i know is a guy having garrard four speed in working condition with changer and inbuilt amp, balanced speaker outputs...and is stacked in his attic.
quotes 6-7 kays. must be negotiable i hope. whos interested at this price?

hai Visvan,

Just my 2 Rs.

N.Murali
dear murali, thanks for the inputs, BTW how much would a separate phono amp from norge cost.and as you said about the phono board can it be easily assembled in the norge 1000 amp i have. or is the amp required to be couriered to mumbai for fitment of the same.am unwilling to courier the same fro obvious rreasons.your guidance please. as for vinyls am trying to cllect old Tamil vinyls of maestro Ilayaraaja.nothing more nothing less!.rgds.visu

dear murali, thanks for the inputs, BTW how much would a separate phono amp from norge cost.and as you said about the phono board can it be easily assembled in the norge 1000 amp i have. or is the amp required to be couriered to mumbai for fitment of the same.am unwilling to courier the same fro obvious rreasons.your guidance please. as for vinyls am trying to cllect old Tamil vinyls of maestro Ilayaraaja.nothing more nothing less!.rgds.visu

Hai visvan,

You can do either way, Get the board from Mr.Bajaj, if you are good at soldering you can do it yourself. Or else order the board, get it fixed thro any local electronics service shop.

As for the TT pl try to get the model where you can change the cartridge to some VFM models like Audio-Technica AT-91, i.e the TT should have counter weights and tracking force adjustments.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back