Tube amp suggestion

If things get rough as SPL goes up, or as the music gets complex, try placing one pillow each at the first reflection points. It will improve lateral and depth sound fields as well as image specificity.

Also, do check out interconnect comparisons in the Cables sub forum here to understand where the entry level Audio Art interconnect stands vis a vis other affordable cables.

Super Suggestion!
Weekend lies ahead, will try out the pillows. Just trying to imagine wife's face when she sees the pillows propped in corners. anyhow, if it works I can get some panels. Did not think of it.
While I do have a sort of dedicated listening room, speaker placement is is a little awkward, because it is also shared study space. Room size is about 9 ft by 18 x by 9-10 feet sloping ceiling height, Speakers cannot be kept on long axis. They are kept along the longer wall about 8 feet apart, pretty close to back wall (six inches) and listening couch is about 7 feet from them. It has taken me a lot of experimenting to reach what is now the best speaker location, imaging wise, sound quality wise and socially. Floor of the room is hard wood, with curtains and books, but fair amount of glass too and a stair case which is a kind of horn at one end of the room.
I will check the cables section for assessment.

The set up looks a bit messy right now, but will upload pix once I get it sorted.
Thanks for your suggestion.

one of the reasons why i asked for a pic was that - FM's can suggest better.

anyways... your convenience..

regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back