Tube Pre Amp / Amp

lifewater

Dear Friends,

Greetings to all of you. I do know that the question I am about to ask has been asked before and answered also but these answers have got muddled up and have led to a lot of confusion.

Please help me out by letting me know :-
a.) Would adding a tube buffer / amplifier between my source and the solid state amp improve the sound quality giving a distinct tube colour to music ? I cant afford a full fledged amplifier so am more inclined to low cost tube buffer.

b) are there any Indian setup selling tube pre-amp kits like the ones sold in ebay.com if yes any contact information would be welcome.

Thanks to you all in advance

lifewater

Try this one Aikido Cathode Follower PCB

With BEL 12AU7 tubes from BE3 amps linked above. Dont buy the tubes form abroad. The BELs beat Mullard Blackburn in sonics in my case :)

BE3 only makes guitar amps but you can buy tubes - I got mine from him.

cheers

Last edited:
Please help me out by letting me know :-
a.) Would adding a tube buffer / amplifier between my source and the solid state amp improve the sound quality giving a distinct tube colour to music ? I cant afford a full fledged amplifier so am more inclined to low cost tube buffer.

lifewater

Absolutely!! Mine sounds great!!

Cheers

Absolutely - adding a tube buffer or a tubed component in a chain will bring in the so called tube warmth.
Cheers
Sid

Try this one Aikido Cathode Follower PCB

With BEL 12AU7 tubes from BE3 amps linked above. Dont buy the tubes form abroad. The BELs beat Mullard Blackburn in sonics in my case :)

BE3 only makes guitar amps but you can buy tubes - I got mine from him.

cheers

Thanks gobble ji, I tried the akido but it seems it is out of stock. Ok as advised will not buy tubes from them.

Absolutely!! Mine sounds great!!

Cheers

Wow so nice that's what I was looking forward to. Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

lifewater

Last edited:
Thanks friends for your replies. How about the Quinpus being sold in the Lynx website ? would they suffice for my purpose ? if yes which model ?

Thanks again

lifewater

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back