Tube pre-amp at a decent budget

souravin

Hello All,

Can't resist myself from sharing whereabouts of this new kid in my audio chain. I have had an expensive dream of adding a tube amp in my system but within a reasonable budget. Post discussion with my DIY and music lover friends who are respected forum members (Anuj, Sanjoy and Bhaskar), I took the foray in building a tube pre to be associated with Sansui AU 717 as a power amp. My EPOS speakers are bearing low sensitivity and hence adding a tube power may be exceeding the budget. So for the time being a tube pre. My requirement was revolving around phono pre and CDP & another AUX to catch the digital feed from Schiit DAC. Mono and loudness switch were the other requirements as I do vinyl rip a lot. The old person who did this DIY in Kolkata has suggested to follow Dynaco PAS 3X design to fit the bill. Using Bell 12AX7 tubes and one 12X4, this new kid is singing soooo well- I'm delighted. No further DAC would be required for sure to play CD and digital. Am a huge bollywood retro buff.

May be going a bit upgrade on components keeping the base chasis intact. This is second DIY after CNC phono stage which was crafted by Sachin, Om and Raghu.

Thanks,
Sourav

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back