• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Turntable to pair with Rega Brio-R

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

John

Cross-posting from the "What should I buy" sub-forum as I think this sub-forum will have more turntable-specific views.

Hi folks,

I am "new" to newer turntables. We used to have one old one from the HMV days.

Recently acquired the Rega Brio R and looking for a suitable turntable.

So which kind of turntable should I be looking at , or rather can someone recommend me some models and names. I have not fixed a budget right now, but I am assuming I will have to put in 20K to 30K or so.

arj

Staff member
The ideal is any of the Rega Planars due to the synergy of the cart to the built in Phono . Rega planar 3 is obviously the best but also the most expensive. The planar 2 is the best compromise especially if you have no plans of getting into the upgrades game ( it will need a better phono than the inbuilt phono of the Brio)
Planar 1 is primarily the low cost option but relatively lower value for money.

Last edited:

John

The ideal is any of the Rega Planars due to the synergy of the cart to the built in Phono . Rega planar 3 is obviously the best bust also the most expensive but the planar 2 is the best compromise especially if you have no plans of getting into the upgrades game ( it will need a better phono than the inbuilt phono of the Brio)
planar 1 is primarily the low cost option but relatively lower value for money.

Thanks a lot arj. Now asides from the Rega Planar 1 or 2, is there any cheaper alternatives in other brands?

eddie_fox

Hi John, I used to own a brio-r, lovely little amp. I used to pair it with the Technics 1200, and they worked well together. Not sure if you can find a good used technics, but if you do, you can go for it.

John

Hi John, I used to own a brio-r, lovely little amp. I used to pair it with the Technics 1200, and they worked well together. Not sure if you can find a good used technics, but if you do, you can go for it.
Do check out ProJect turntables here

Hey Eddie and Jls, thanks a lot for your suggestions. The Technics and Projects looks good.