Turntable to pair with Rega Brio-R

John

Cross-posting from the "What should I buy" sub-forum as I think this sub-forum will have more turntable-specific views.

Hi folks,

I am "new" to newer turntables. We used to have one old one from the HMV days.

Recently acquired the Rega Brio R and looking for a suitable turntable.

So which kind of turntable should I be looking at , or rather can someone recommend me some models and names. I have not fixed a budget right now, but I am assuming I will have to put in 20K to 30K or so.

The ideal is any of the Rega Planars due to the synergy of the cart to the built in Phono . Rega planar 3 is obviously the best but also the most expensive. The planar 2 is the best compromise especially if you have no plans of getting into the upgrades game ( it will need a better phono than the inbuilt phono of the Brio)
Planar 1 is primarily the low cost option but relatively lower value for money.

Last edited:
The ideal is any of the Rega Planars due to the synergy of the cart to the built in Phono . Rega planar 3 is obviously the best bust also the most expensive but the planar 2 is the best compromise especially if you have no plans of getting into the upgrades game ( it will need a better phono than the inbuilt phono of the Brio)
planar 1 is primarily the low cost option but relatively lower value for money.

Thanks a lot arj. Now asides from the Rega Planar 1 or 2, is there any cheaper alternatives in other brands?

Hi John, I used to own a brio-r, lovely little amp. I used to pair it with the Technics 1200, and they worked well together. Not sure if you can find a good used technics, but if you do, you can go for it.

Hi John, I used to own a brio-r, lovely little amp. I used to pair it with the Technics 1200, and they worked well together. Not sure if you can find a good used technics, but if you do, you can go for it.
Do check out ProJect turntables here

Hey Eddie and Jls, thanks a lot for your suggestions. The Technics and Projects looks good.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back