TV display calibration made possible and easy with new Apple TV 4k

I do advanced amateur photography so I know a bit about colors. I have spent quite a bit of time tuning the LG CX to my satisfaction (manually) before calibrating Apple TV 4K. Yet the change A TV brought was subtle, but noticeable.

It improved the PQ a bit. Slightly warmer (more accurate?) colors that are easy on the eyes.

I tried the A TV calibrated settings for a few days and tried to go back but couldn’t.

This applies to SDR content only I believe.

You won't get an Apple TV 4k and a new iPhone with Face ID with a garbage tier TV TBH.
well i am one of those with iphon11 pro max and garbage iffalcon tv :).i even have an apple tv hd had purchased few years back.
In fact after spending so much on these, you might be forced to save on tv. There are only so many kidneys you have or can grow every year
so true every year apple takes my gadget quota.

well i am one of those with iphon11 pro max and garbage iffalcon tv :).i even have an apple tv hd had purchased few years back.
I'm pretty sure that you are looking for a better TV though, so that won't be a permanent solution I hope.

The reason keeping me away from iPhones is the massive price hike in India for no reason whatsoever. I can't justify paying 1.3 lakhs for a 12 pro max when I can get the same thing from the US for $1100. Heck, you can have a two-way flight from India to Dubai + the price of iPhone 12 Pro Max in Dubai for cheaper than the price in India, which is ridiculous. It's really weird because the iPad, or the MacBook don't have those premiums (their price is around US price + GST).

I can very easily justify a 2 lac MacBook pro or a 1 lac iPad pro but go nope on the iPhone because I know for a fact that I'm paying more than I should.

I'm pretty sure that you are looking for a better TV though, so that won't be a permanent solution I hope.

The reason keeping me away from iPhones is the massive price hike in India for no reason whatsoever. I can't justify paying 1.3 lakhs for a 12 pro max when I can get the same thing from the US for $1100. Heck, you can have a two-way flight from India to Dubai + the price of iPhone 12 Pro Max in Dubai for cheaper than the price in India, which is ridiculous. It's really weird because the iPad, or the MacBook don't have those premiums (their price is around US price + GST).

I can very easily justify a 2 lac MacBook pro or a 1 lac iPad pro but go nope on the iPhone because I know for a fact that I'm paying more than I should.
Yeah I am looking to get G1 if the price is right else C1.missed the diwali period.Now again waiting for diwali.In india you can only buy these TVs around diwali.If you miss that then you don't get the same price also CES comes in Jan and you start thinking about next-gen.

I agree about apple produts.they are crazy expensive especially iPhones.I usually buy all my apple products from US.we can buy iPhone for 1300 USD with applecare+.which has 2 years of worldwide coverage with accidental repair 2 times.its still 35000 cheaper.

even Macbook pro is expensive in india for 2lac.I got mine for 2200 USD which is around 1.6L.

even Macbook pro is expensive in india for 2lac.I got mine for 2200 USD which is around 1.6L.
It's not that much expensive. You can easily negotiate it down to 1.8 lakhs, which is just 12-13% more than the US price. Also on Diwali lots of offers make it easy to get the $3000 config for 2 lakhs (which is what I go for).

The Macbooks/iPads are generally just the US price + GST. The $2400 MBP costs 2 lakhs, and the $800 iPad Pro costs 70k. If you also account for 8-10% sales tax in the US (after the MRP) and the credit card offers in India, the difference mostly goes away. I have the diners club black card too, which gives 17% reward rate on top of everything, which makes buying some of them actually cheaper in India.

The iPhone on the other hand is outrageously expensive. The 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max have a massive 65% premium over the US price which I can never justify. Anyway, now I'm too used to android and need some apps only available on android to get my work/other stuff done. So can't switch to iOS anyway.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back