TV Setup Within 1 Lac

nitn3rd

Folks, I need some help in a purchase decision of a TV + Soundbar within 1 Lakh (~80K for TV ~20K for soundbar). I plan to use the TV with Apple TV 4k, so I don't think the OS/UI should matter much.
1) Size: 65" or above
2) Use:
Primarily for movies, especially movies with subtitles (foreign language films). So I cannot tolerate blooming around subtitles at all. I will be using my external HDD regularly for movies.
Secondary use is for a playstation (PS5 or PS4) that I may get in a few months. But this is just for future-proofing my TV and not a necessity. Refresh rate is not my highest priority ATM.
I don't watch much sport or cable TV.
3) Room: It's a living room that gets some amount of light. So a TV with good bright room performance would be a plus, but not a deciding factor. Viewing distance is ~7'
4) Video quality priorities: Color Accuracy and OOTB calibration >> Brightness > HDR/Dolby Vision

As for the soundbar, I'd like something with tight punchy bass, clear vocals and good soundstage (using headphone terminology here). If it's possible to get a recommendation for both the TV+Soundbar it'd be amazing. Since the Prime Day sale is coming up, I can wait until the sale to make my purchase.

Considerations: Vu Masterpiece 65", Samsung Crystal 4k 65"

PS: I used to own a Sony X90F and absolutely loved the little features like built-in chromecast, picture calibration, and stereo pairing between the TV and a bluetooth speaker. Since I own a high-end bluetooth speaker, this would eliminate the need for a soundbar, increasing my budget for the TV. But I don't believe any Sony TV would fit in my budget and meet the other requirements :(

Last edited:
Suggest to get the a 3.1 or 3.1.2 soundar instead of the 2.1 soundbars. The third center channel makes a huge difference.

Check out Samsung Q600B. It's around 27k, and a 3.1.2 soundbar. I have heard the Q600A(3.1) in a Samsung store and it was great for the price.

Folks, I need some help in a purchase decision of a TV + Soundbar within 1 Lakh (~80K for TV ~20K for soundbar). I plan to use the TV with Apple TV 4k, so I don't think the OS/UI should matter much.
1) Size: 65" or above
2) Use:
Primarily for movies, especially movies with subtitles (foreign language films). So I cannot tolerate blooming around subtitles at all. I will be using my external HDD regularly for movies.
Secondary use is for a playstation (PS5 or PS4) that I may get in a few months. But this is just for future-proofing my TV and not a necessity. Refresh rate is not my highest priority ATM.
I don't watch much sport or cable TV.
3) Room: It's a living room that gets some amount of light. So a TV with good bright room performance would be a plus, but not a deciding factor. Viewing distance is ~7'
4) Video quality priorities: Color Accuracy and OOTB calibration >> Brightness > HDR/Dolby Vision

As for the soundbar, I'd like something with tight punchy bass, clear vocals and good soundstage (using headphone terminology here). If it's possible to get a recommendation for both the TV+Soundbar it'd be amazing. Since the Prime Day sale is coming up, I can wait until the sale to make my purchase.

Considerations: Vu Masterpiece 65", Samsung Crystal 4k 65"

PS: I used to own a Sony X90F and absolutely loved the little features like built-in chromecast, picture calibration, and stereo pairing between the TV and a bluetooth speaker. Since I own a high-end bluetooth speaker, this would eliminate the need for a soundbar, increasing my budget for the TV. But I don't believe any Sony TV would fit in my budget and meet the other requirements :(
Samsung au7700 - 75" - costs 1,09,000
Add any decent sound bar around 20k.
Slightly above you budget and a fantastic choice for your requirement.
I have recently bought the same combination for my father.
I Have done all the required research for the best TV in this price bracket.

Samsung au7700 - 75" - costs 1,09,000
Add any decent sound bar around 20k.
Slightly above you budget and a fantastic choice for your requirement.
I have recently bought the same combination for my father.
I Have done all the required research for the best TV in this price bracket.
Thank you! Is that the same thing as Samsung Crystal ismart? I don't see au7700 online. If I get this in 65" I'll be within my budget. Don't think I really need the extra screen real estate.

Thank you! Is that the same thing as Samsung Crystal ismart? I don't see au7700 online. If I get this in 65" I'll be within my budget. Don't think I really need the extra screen real estate.
Online model number is different aue 60 i guess.. 70" is available.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back