Tv help!

JakeTitus11

I've currently narrowed it down to the Vizio M502i-B1 and the Sony KDL-W700B. Both at Best Buy. The Vizio is about $600, while the Sony is close to $750. I've exhausted myself with reviews and I like the Sony a little more. BUT, is it worth the extra 150 dollars? Also, the Samsung UN-H6350 is around 700. It's 48 inches. Opinions on the two and three?

I have heard Vizio has caught up with likes of Sony and Samsung. But on any day I would prefer Sony and pay the premium. Since you are in US, this is a wonderful price for you! unlike folks like us in India :(

While I can't comment on the picture quality of Samsung, the features look pretty good on pure numbers. Plus why not go for additional 6" compared to Sony W700b (42" i presume). While I'm personally using SonyW700B and can vouch for the PQ, I'd suggest go to a store and check the PQ for yourself. If there isn't a world of a difference go for Samsung. For a lesser price you are getting more. Check the CNET review as well: Samsung UNH6350 series review - CNET

While they rate it 3/5, Avg User rating is 4.5/5.
Samsung has an additional USB port too plus more powered speakers (20W compared to 16W). Samsung has a lesser power consumption (even during standby 0.3W to 0.5W).
I'd say go with Samsung (after an audition) unless there is a marked difference in PQ.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back