Tv suggestion/Recommendation thread

Rane-2020

I am making this thread so that members can get suggestion/recommendations under 1 thread.It will easier to search and recommend in a single thread that going to 10 different threads.

Guys what u think.

Let's start with best 65 inch you can buy around 1.4L budget :)
Well to answer your question why i choose sony over q70r.

1.its significantly bright than q70r.

2.sony has more accurate colours out of the box.where as Samsung tends over saturate colours and brightness to show more vivid picture.

3.sony x950g has the x1 ultimate processor.which is the best processor in the market.

4.sony dosent crush blacks like samung.if you see a scene of dark sky with stars on both tvs with you will find less stars on samsung.Thats why sony has more blooming.

In general sony x950g is comparable to q80r which is a tier above q70r.

Yes q70r has better blacks than sony due to high native contrast ratio. But sony excels in other parameters

2.sony has more accurate colours out of the box.where as Samsung tends over saturate colours and brightness to show more vivid picture.

3.sony x950g has the x1 ultimate processor.which is the best processor in the market.

4.sony dosent crush blacks like samung.if you see a scene of dark sky with stars on both tvs with you will find less stars on samsung.Thats why sony has more blooming.

Yes q70r has better blacks than sony due to high native contrast ratio. But sony excels in other parameters
True that.
I really hope sony to launch 950H for the better price

And dolby vision support which samsung does not have...

Well dolby vision is not a make or break feature. Samsung Q90R provides better HDR experience than any other dolby vision LCD tv.
Q90r is in a different league and they charge more than oled for it. The price difference between it and x950g is more than a lac for 65 inch. So the slight better HDR performance of it compared to dolby vision performance of other top lcds is not justifiable. i am keeping it out of the discussion because if you see in that way the dolby vision performance of lgcx beats hdr performance of q90r. That being said, if you compare equivalent tvs x950g to q80r dolby vision does make a difference to some because it is a superior format than HDR. Moreover, if i am spending more than a lac or two on a tv, i would like it to support the format, both in visual (Dolby vision) and sound(dolby atmos), which is widely available on some of the most popular streaming platforms. So for people who will not buy q90r, dolby vision may not be a make or break feature but it definitely counts in making the decision.

Last edited:
Looks like X9500G (55") stock is exhausted and local RD/BE confirmed no stock in the whole city and they are not likely to get it going forward.

What is the next recommendation - 55" around 1L?

Looks like X9500G (55") stock is exhausted and local RD/BE confirmed no stock in the whole city and they are not likely to get it going forward.

Q70r stock might still be there, around 1L only

wait till diwali.if you are looking for oled you may get BX around 1.05-1.1.also sony 950H will also available in same price range if launched in diwali.

By historical trends all the flagship models LG BX,CX,sony X950H,Samsung Q90T,Q80T will be available in 1-1.2L range in diwali

i am keeping it out of the discussion because if you see in that way the dolby vision performance of lgcx beats hdr performance of q90r. That being said, if you compare equivalent tvs x950g to q80r dolby vision does make a difference to some because it is a superior format than HDR. Moreover, if i am spending more than a lac or two on a tv, i would like it to support the format, both in visual (Dolby vision) and sound(dolby atmos),

Lol Dolby vision does not make any difference in performance between q80r and x950g.

The HDR performance is dependant on the following factors
1)Brightness
2) contrast
3)WCG-Tvs ability to display different colours
4)Color Volume-How many colours it can display across brightness
5)Gradient handling
6)processor

A Tv has to excel in all or most of the parameters mention above to give you good HDR experience.A tv which excel in all the above parameters missing dolby vision will give you a better experience than tv performing poorly in these with dolby vision.

for HDR you need a good quality source content also.Not all movies are mastred at 1000 nits.for example a Blade runner 2049 is mastred below 200,star wars last jedi below 250.where as the wonder woman is at 3000.

any tv can get a dolby vision certification for 3 us dollars.even a nokia tv with 400 nits costing 40,000 is Dolby vision certified.Do u think you will get better experience on it than a Samsung qleds.

Also sony has the worst implementation of Dolby vision between lg and Panasonic.i have already shared a video on that in a diffrent thread you can check.

Dolby vision has potential but currently, no tv is having 12 bit panel or 10000 nits brightness.We have tvs which can barely do 1000 nits.these are also very few you can count them with hands.

So in future dolby vision may become a factor.But by that time some new standard will come up.

Guys i think you should stop brainstorming on old tech...hahaha
New one is coming to scrach head

Last edited:
Guys i think you should stop brainstorming on old tech...hahaha
New one is coming to scrach head
This seems like PR stuff from realme.only jibber jabber.I dont see anything special here

Last December, Q90R (65") was retailing around for 3.5L in Bangalore, not sure if they have reduced the price since then considering that now we have new series in the market.

A Tv has to excel in all or most of the parameters mention above to give you good HDR experience.A tv which excel in all the above parameters missing dolby vision will give you a better experience than tv performing poorly in these with dolby vision.

That is quite obvious and that is the reason i compared x950g to q80r which are equivalent in all the factors you mentioned. The point you are missing is that if tvs have similar parameters than dolby vision will look better on a tv that supports it period. You are trying to prove a point that a bad tv with dolby vision will not hold good as compared to good tv with hdr. That is quite obvious and is valid for any tv and for any format. Just like HDR on tu8000 will look bad as compared to dolby vision on x950h and dolby vision on x750h will look bad as compared to HDR on q80r. You just cant compare apples to oranges.

any tv can get a dolby vision certification for 3 us dollars.even a nokia tv with 400 nits costing 40,000 is Dolby vision certified.Do u think you will get better experience on it than a Samsung qleds.
May be better than q60t/q60r qleds lol. Qled is just a marketing term for the enhancement layer like triluminus and nanocell. But sony or lg does not market it so aggressively like samsung does. And I consider it actually a good thing about samsung.
Also sony has the worst implementation of Dolby vision between lg and Panasonic.i have already shared a video on that in a diffrent thread you can check.
Please see sony A9G with dolby vision content and compare it with lg c9 dolby vision you will come to know. Panasonic is almost non existent in indian market so no comment on that.
Dolby vision has potential but currently, no tv is having 12 bit panel or 10000 nits brightness.We have tvs which can barely do 1000 nits.these are also very few you can count them with hands.

So in future dolby vision may become a factor.But by that time some new standard will come up.
Just because the hardware is not available to utilise a format fully you cannot put it below an outdated format. And it is not just about colourbit and peak brightness. It is also about frame by frame scene by scene metadata interpretation which compensate shortcomings of a tv to get the best picture possible closer to the creaters intent. Only if tvs had an option to toggle between dolby and hdr.

Last edited:
The point you are missing is that if a tv have similar parameters than dolby vision will look better on a tv that supports it period.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-features/hdr.I think rtings doesn't agree with you.It has rated Q80T as best LED HDR tv.

Qled is just a marketing term for the enhancement layer like triluminus and nanocell.

I already have 10 posts saying ignore QLEDs.its just a colour filter.So no need to discuss this point.

QUOTE="Rahulv, post: 901562, member: 95678"]
Please see sony A9G with dolby vision content and compare it with lg c9 dolby vision you will come to know.
[/QUOTE]

Fyi its useless to compare A9G because its equally stupidly overprice like Q90R.Nobody should buy these 2 TVs.anyways for comparison check for yourself at 15 mins.I dont think i need to say more

check this video also comparing CX with A8h watch at 11.55.vincent has explained this in details.also he has explained why sony is not able to implement the newer Dolby Vision IQ on its television like lg and Panasonic this year.even Dolby vision IQ has issues so far.i hope lg and panasonic and dolby will patch those in future firmware updates

Just because the hardware is not available to utilise a format fully you cannot put it below an outdated format. And it is not just about colourbit and peak brightness. It is also about frame by frame scene by scene metadata interpretation which compensate shortcomings of a tv to get the best picture possible closer to the creaters intent. Only if tvs had an option to toggle between dolby and hdr.

This scene by scene sound good in theory only.But when dolby is giving this certification to every tom,dick n harry tv.do we expect it to work in reality.you still need a good processor to process this right.

Also for creators intent tv companies Lg,panasonic,vizio are implementing 'Filmmaker mode' to show the media without any processing.

Anyways i don't like to go back and forth discussing this.I have nothing against Dolby Vision.For me its not a make or break feature.For you if its important go for it.I like sony tv as i have mentioned in this thread only.But my reason for purchasing it will not be Dolby Vision

Personally i like to focus on basics.The tv companies like to throw all kind of jargongs QLED and Dolby Vision and 100% DCI-P3,Ultra dimming and HDR Pro,Local dimming Pro.

Focus on a tv with good panel rest all is jargon.I hope you have seen the Sprite AD.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-features/hdr.I think rtings doesn't agree with you.It has rated Q80T as best LED HDR tv.

I already have 10 posts saying ignore QLEDs.its just a colour filter.So no need to discuss this point.

Fyi its useless to compare A9G because its equally stupidly overprice like Q90R.Nobody should buy these 2 TVs.anyways for comparison check for yourself at 15 mins.I dont think i need to say more

check this video also comparing CX with A8h watch at 11.55.vincent has explained this in details.also he has explained why sony is not able to implement the newer Dolby Vision IQ on its television like lg and Panasonic this year.even Dolby vision IQ has issues so far.i hope lg and panasonic and dolby will patch those in future firmware updates

This scene by scene sound good in theory only.But when dolby is giving this certification to every tom,dick n harry tv.do we expect it to work in reality.you still need a good processor to process this right.

Also for creators intent tv companies Lg,panasonic,vizio are implementing 'Filmmaker mode' to show the media without any processing.

Anyways i don't like to go back and forth discussing this.I have nothing against Dolby Vision.For me its not a make or break feature.For you if its important go for it.I like sony tv as i have mentioned in this thread only.But my reason for purchasing it will not be Dolby Vision

Personally i like to focus on basics.The tv companies like to throw all kind of jargongs QLED and Dolby Vision and 100% DCI-P3,Ultra dimming and HDR Pro,Local dimming Pro.

Focus on a tv with good panel rest all is jargon.I hope you have seen the Sprite AD.

I do not want to prolong this discussion. For some dolby vision counts and and for some it may not. It is all about personal preferences but saying that it is not a deal breaker is too much generalised and that is the reason i pointed it out. If you are happy without it so be it. Let us not waste our time and fill this thread with things which may not be relevant for other readers lol.

Back