Tv under 75K

@rachitsharma88 - I didn't start any of this, I just put my opinion. I am not a professional calibrator but someone who loves to read about technology. But owning a product doesn't make anyone an expert on that field as well. The forum members have every right to disagree with me and I am completely fine with it. That's how we share our knowledge, don't we? But all the agreement/disagreement should be within the boundary of civilised behaviour. I behave in a civilised way and expect the same from others. BTW, C9 one of the best TVs but it does have its own drawbacks and we should accept it. I don't misbehave with anyone and expects the same from Others.
Way to go.

Now please recommend the tv to the owner of this thread.

He is least interested to hear about oled qled n led wars.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers mate.

C8 is selling at 90 k to 92k, make the 75k down payment and rest pit it on emi. Max emi limit is of 24 months

Emi will be less than 1k per month and i think you can manage that.

You will not regret ever.

It's worth it to buy something good once, especially something that'll be used everyday for the next 4-5 years.

And please, OP, whatever you do, do check Rtings and compare measurements before buying, because some here are recommending you TVs that are overpriced and underwhelming.

For example, Q60R hits 440 nits max and costs easily twice as much as the TCL you shortlisted, which can hit 400 nits or so. Practically, hardly any noticeable difference. Contrast in Q60R is 6000:1 while TCL will give you 5000:1. So from that perspective, Q60R is a horrible choice at 2x the price. PQ will at best be marginally better. Not worth the money. Spend extra and get a FALD set or B9 OLED.

B9 can hit more than 600 nits btw. That's not bright enough for someone who's recommending a 440 nits TV for 70k. C9 crosses 800 nits btw.

This forum has some amazing.members.

@rachitsharma88 - I didn't start any of this, I just put my opinion. I am not a professional calibrator but someone who loves to read about technology. But owning a product doesn't make anyone an expert on that field as well. The forum members have every right to disagree with me and I am completely fine with it. That's how we share our knowledge, don't we? But all the agreement/disagreement should be within the boundary of civilised behaviour. I behave in a civilised way and expect the same from others. BTW, C9 one of the best TVs but it does have its own drawbacks and we should accept it. I don't misbehave with anyone and expects the same from Others.

This is not up for debate. It's been measured.

OLEDs not bright enough. Buy Q60
/Q70.

Max HDR peak brightness:

B9 OLED: 600+ nits
C9 OLED: 800+ nits
Q60R: 440 nits
Q60T: 480 nits
Q70R: 775 nits
Q70T: Big downgrade at barely 500 nits

Yet you say OLEDs aren't bright enough. You were wrong. No difference of opinion. It's a fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go.

Now please recommend the tv to the owner of this thread.

He is least interested to hear about oled qled n led wars.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers mate.

Cheers mate…

Now coming to the original topic, our friend is looking for a Tv to consume OTT contents (SDR + HDR) within 75K. With this price range, we are left with either mid-tier units from 'Big 3' (LG/Sony/Samsung) or Premium Units (at least on paper) from New Comers (MI/OnePlus/RealMe). In my experience, you usually keep a Tv for around 3 to 4years. So, the Brand must have a proven record along with good 'After Sales Service'. The Big 3 wins that by a vast margin, especially Samsung/LG has a service centre everywhere.

LG is concentrating on OLED, so its LED Tv line is pretty much deemphasized, and as a result, their LED tv line is pathetic. Sony's Top of the LCD line is fantastic but mid-tier is overpriced. Their motion handling is best in the business but blooming, viewing angle (on VA panel) is pretty bad, especially on Mid-Tier range.

Now, we are left with Samsung, in my opinion, it's Mid-Tier QLED range provides the best value for the buck, specially Q70R. It shares the same ChipSet as of the Premium models which offers excellent performance especially in terms of Upscaling (essential on 4K panels). If If you can extend the budget by a little, you can get a Q70R for a reasonable price. Apart from them, Q70R performs decently with HDR contents, and the FALD is also decent, resulting in an excellent Black level. Pannel is just the part of the story, image processing algorithm, and the Chipset fills the rest. – These are my two cents.

Now coming to OLED statements, it's a technical fact "HDR on a premium LED TV screen has an edge because it can produce well-saturated colours at extreme brightness levels that OLED can't quite match." – This is the reason why Sony, Panasonic stopped OLED mastering monitors and investing on Dual layer LCD displays (can produce up to 10K nits). Dolby's Pulsor monitors are too LCD based.

C8 is selling at 90 k to 92k, make the 75k down payment and rest pit it on emi. Max emi limit is of 24 months

Emi will be less than 1k per month and i think you can manage that.

You will not regret ever.
Hi. Thanks for your opinion but I don't think I can spend more than 75k considering the covid situation and I have other responsibilities as well. I just wanted something that performs in hdr in an acceptable condition, nothing too extraordinary. If there isn't a big difference in qleds worth 75k then i would rather save the money and buy a tv worth 50-55k and use the remaining for a good soundbar.

Cheers mate…

Now coming to the original topic, our friend is looking for a Tv to consume OTT contents (SDR + HDR) within 75K. With this price range, we are left with either mid-tier units from 'Big 3' (LG/Sony/Samsung) or Premium Units (at least on paper) from New Comers (MI/OnePlus/RealMe). In my experience, you usually keep a Tv for around 3 to 4years. So, the Brand must have a proven record along with good 'After Sales Service'. The Big 3 wins that by a vast margin, especially Samsung/LG has a service centre everywhere.

LG is concentrating on OLED, so its LED Tv line is pretty much deemphasized, and as a result, their LED tv line is pathetic. Sony's Top of the LCD line is fantastic but mid-tier is overpriced. Their motion handling is best in the business but blooming, viewing angle (on VA panel) is pretty bad, especially on Mid-Tier range.

Now, we are left with Samsung, in my opinion, it's Mid-Tier QLED range provides the best value for the buck, specially Q70R. It shares the same ChipSet as of the Premium models which offers excellent performance especially in terms of Upscaling (essential on 4K panels). If If you can extend the budget by a little, you can get a Q70R for a reasonable price. Apart from them, Q70R performs decently with HDR contents, and the FALD is also decent, resulting in an excellent Black level. Pannel is just the part of the story, image processing algorithm, and the Chipset fills the rest. – These are my two cents.

Now coming to OLED statements, it's a technical fact "HDR on a premium LED TV screen has an edge because it can produce well-saturated colours at extreme brightness levels that OLED can't quite match." – This is the reason why Sony, Panasonic stopped OLED mastering monitors and investing on Dual layer LCD displays (can produce up to 10K nits). Dolby's Pulsor monitors are too LCD based.
Yes I agee with you. After sales is an important aspect, that's why I thought probably waiting for the new OnePlus or the hisense would be good.

I think if I wait for longer I can extend my budget to get the new samsung frame. It has good reviews on rtings as well. But I guess I'll be only be able to make the purchase around diwali considering the covid situation improves a bit.

Also the reason I mentioned tcl and OnePlus is because I stay in Chennai. There's a tcl showroom at the end of my street and OnePlus has a service center here as well.

Cheers mate…

OLEDs don't have any problem with saturation at higher luminance ranges. WOLEDs panels that LG uses do!! And that's compensated by the processor somewhat, leading to similar or better color gamut and volume than competing FALD models.

Stopping production OLED mastering monitors has nothing to do with their loss of saturation. And oh, Sony's OLED monitor was still widely used in a lot in mastering of HDR material that you see today.

Oh btw, Samsung is also focusing on QD-OLED for future....not LEDs. Infact, Samsung is disvesring from LED LCD panel production. Future is OLED...of different kinds.

Q70 is inferior to C9 in both peak brightness and color volume. So if you recommend a TV and then say OLED bad, lower brightness, even though the TV you recommended has lower brightness...this is hypocrisy of the highest kind.

I think if I wait for longer I can extend my budget to get the new samsung frame. It has good reviews on rtings as well. But I guess I'll be only be able to make the purchase around diwali considering the covid situation improves a bit.
The Frame for 82k vs C8 for 92k, I will pick C8 any day. If you cant increase the budget to 92, then wait for Hisense. H8G 65 should be around 80-85k by Diwali (if not before) as per my speculation.

The Frame for 82k vs C8 for 92k, I will pick C8 any day. If you cant increase the budget to 92, then wait for Hisense. H8G 65 should be around 80-85k by Diwali (if not before) as per my speculation.
forgot to add, H8G should be better than Frame (Local Dimming, better peak brightness, Android and ofcourse, bigger size).

If Hisense prices it sensibly here, and undercuts models such as Frame, it can be a huge hit.

That's what I am hoping for. Either that or C9 :D I mean, I know I am supposed to love OLEDs, but bigger size is also tempting. If I can get 80% of what C9 offers, for 75% of the price with a bigger screen size, I think I can compromise. I might not be able to see the difference.

That's what I am hoping for. Either that or C9 :D I mean, I know I am supposed to love OLEDs, but bigger size is also tempting. If I can get 80% of what C9 offers, for 75% of the price with a bigger screen size, I think I can compromise. I might not be able to see the difference.

Haha! Fair enough. Being a video editor, it's my job to notice. Lol

Haha! Fair enough. Being a video editor, it's my job to notice. Lol

This video kinda make me look at H8G with a new perspective. I mean, keeping the hardware differences aside, the actual difference in real world usage might not be significant enough for me to notice, if I am not comparing them side by side. What do you say?

This video kinda make me look at H8G with a new perspective. I mean, keeping the hardware differences aside, the actual difference in real world usage might not be significant enough for me to notice, if I am not comparing them side by side. What do you say?

I can't really answer this. I have not compared H8G and Q9 side by side. Plus, in FALD, how motion is handled is also vital. On movement, zone transitions can be apparent on local dimming algos that aren't refined. Subtitles can also create an issue. Samsung has implemented tech to analyse subtitles to eliminate this problem in 2020, but in 2018 and to some extent 2019 too, this was an issue.

Consider my Magic of OLEDs post. That scene can't be represented faithfully by Samsung in HDR, as it'll crush so tiny specks and lower brightness of others. Sony and it seems Hisense too, won't crush the blacks, but show greyer blacks and blooming. I would definitely notice it in a dark room, and that's a big bulk of my viewing.

Whether you will or not, I can't say. Watch individual reviews and see what other problems are present, because there's no perfect TV. All have some or the other issue.

Get one that you can live with. I would gladly take the quality of OLED over the size, but that's just me.

Also, consider viewing angles. Is there anyone sitting like even 30° off axis? VA panels don't perform off axis unless they have a wide angle filter, which is usualy reserved for higher end models by Samsung, and then only in bigger sizes in Sony.

In a bigger size TV, it's essential even more so because even if you sit in the center, the edges of the TV will have noticable color and gamma shift. Will I notice it? In a flash! Will you? Can't say.

Also, consider viewing angles. Is there anyone sitting like even 30° off axis? VA panels don't perform off axis unless they have a wide angle filter, which is usualy reserved for higher end models by Samsung, and then only in bigger sizes in Sony.

In a bigger size TV, it's essential even more so because even if you sit in the center, the edges of the TV will have noticable color and gamma shift. Will I notice it? In a flash! Will you? Can't say.

I might notice the color shift, because I have been using Dell Ultrasharp as my primary display for work since 2011 (IPS panel) and I hate the TN panel of my laptop to the core due to horrible viewing angles. I will be checking out some models in person in the coming weeks (X8900G and Q60/70R which are VA panels) and that should give me an idea of the viewing angles. However, I think this might be the deciding factor as my room is around 15 feet wide (viewing distance of around 7-12 feet max)

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a 4k 55- 65 inch tv for a budget of 75k. I am very confused on what product to buy, I saw the new tcl launch but with such less brightness for qled panel I was very disappointed. I thought the older OnePlus tv has better specs for the price. Would like to know your opinion for my requirements. Is the OnePlus tv good?
I don't use cable, just OTT apps. I would like to have a 10 bit panel with good HDR support, also my room is generally dimly lit. I am also waiting for the realme qled model to launch and the hisense series as well. Also wanted to know if 75k is a good budget or should I just buy the vu premium tvs for a lesser price?. Is qled really worth it for 75k?
I will be making my purchase in a month or two.

I would recommend looking at the PQ in person before deciding. Applies to the Chinese brands as well. Don't go on the hype, online ratings or low price.

Strictly within your budget, you can try the Sony 55" X8500G. It looked decent when I saw it in person. I personally don't rate Samsung QLED's as they market the QLED as competitors of OLED, with the added benefit of no burn in!. Sounds very dishonest and instantly puts me off. As another user mentioned, if you get a C8 for 92k, and if you up your budget, it will be well worth it. The blacks and PQ on OLED's are another level.

I would recommend looking at the PQ in person before deciding. Applies to the Chinese brands as well. Don't go on the hype, online ratings or low price.

Strictly within your budget, you can try the Sony 55" X8500G. It looked decent when I saw it in person. I personally don't rate Samsung QLED's as they market the QLED as competitors of OLED, with the added benefit of no burn in!. Sounds very dishonest and instantly puts me off. As another user mentioned, if you get a C8 for 92k, and if you up your budget, it will be well worth it. The blacks and PQ on OLED's are another level.
Right. Will do that. Thank you for your input.

Right. Will do that. Thank you for your input.

Know that judging in showrooms isn't ideal. You're watching in bright conditions there. You won't be able to spot blooming, and even IPS panels can appear to have good contrast. In your home, especially at night if you like having a home theater experience, IPS panels just won't cut it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back