Tv under 75K

maybe you can get the 65-inch X950H for 1.5-1.6

Sony needs to price aggressively like Samsung Frame 2020 for this to happen. Lowest 950G in last Diwali was same as C9 - that too with hard tooth bargain. Knowing Sony, it is highly unlikely that they’ll price 950h less than 2L.

1.6L for Sony 950G is a good price - but then, consider it is sold for 1400 dollars in US and you’ll start noticing how overpriced it is in India. Let’s see. I would have liked to join any group buy, but I am in Bangalore!

Hi guys. Read the inputs you gave, no I do not watch tv in bright conditions. My room is usually dark. I like the dark lol. I prefer VA as my room is small so viewing angles won't be extreme and I would like to have a better contrast ratio.

If I won't get good HDR for my budget then I guess there's no point in me spending 75k. I would rather spend the money on the tcl c715 with dled panel. Or wait for the OnePlus and hopefully it has a dled panel. What about the realme 55 inch QLED which was leaked? Since I am anyway waiting for a month or two.

Hi Nagarjun, what are you currently using? Bright room or dimly lit? Cable, set top box SD or HD?

In 75K you will not get HDR experience. In fact, you’ll be better watching SDR. Vu is a good option, there are confusing models so just look for the D-LED Pixelight models.
I watch over OTT platforms only. Haven't had a set up box connection in ages. I would atleast like a 10 bit panel with good contrast and brightness.

Also my present tv is an old sony 32 inch tv which is ELED. I notice light bleeding on the sides, I've heard it better to get an DLED if I am watching in dark environments to avoid light bleeding. Correct me if I am wrong please. Otherwise I was liking the tcl c815 as well but didn't shortlist it cause of its eled panel

Check out for TCL C8 ownership threads here. VA Panel with good picture quality and 50k for 55" version.
Isn't the tcl c715 better? C8 is only eled. And c715 has better contrast because of the qled panel?

TCL 715 is 8 bit 60 Hz panel. I doubt it will look good on a bigger 55” screen. That’s against your original requirements.

Either go for a display with few compromises (TCL, Hisense, Vu) or Sony 55X950G, Samsung 55Q70R, Panasonic 55GX800.

TCL 715 is 8 bit 60 Hz panel. I doubt it will look good on a bigger 55” screen. That’s against your original requirements.

Either go for a display with few compromises (TCL, Hisense, Vu) or Sony 55X950G, Samsung 55Q70R, Panasonic 55GX800.
Tcl is 8bit with FRC. But on xbox and other consoles it detects it as 10 bit. I mean I am no videophile so I guess for my budget I have to be reasonable and be okay with FRC. Anyway it's just at the top of my list. Considering the new OnePlus tv, hisense and few other tv launches are there these upcoming months I guess I'll wait.

There is a tcl showroom near my street I'll probably go check the tv once the lockdown eases.

Tcl is 8bit with FRC. But on xbox and other consoles it detects it as 10 bit. I mean I am no videophile so I guess for my budget I have to be reasonable and be okay with FRC. Anyway it's just at the top of my list. Considering the new OnePlus tv, hisense and few other tv launches are there these upcoming months I guess I'll wait.

Good call and all the best.

What about Samsung The Frame 55 inch, it will come under your budget after the cashback offer. I'm in the same bucket as you that's one TV I have my eyes on.
Yes I am looking into the same. But part of me is thinking to save the extra 25k and buy a tv for 50k. Also the frame isn't available right now on Samsung's site. I think if the stocks come by this month end, with the cashback offer it looks very tempting and I might buy it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back