TV worth 60L?

viper08

Just look at this offering from a leading brand. It's whooping 60L(MRP) only :lol:
Was wondering will there be really any takers ?

Agreed with impressive features and all frills.
BUT
Wouldn't be a dedicated hifi home cinema a practical & cheaper option? :cool:

On my last trip to India, I visited a mall with friends and came across a TV for 25 lacs. On enquiring we were told 3 pieces had been sold.

So yes there is a market for everything.

These are brought by people who don't worry about logic. If I have 60L to spare, and not worried about spending it, purchasing this is a matter of pride.

Would you worry too much about spending, say 10K, if it gives you serious one up in your circle of friends?

Cheers

Agree. But what I meant was the person who can afford 60L TV must be already having a nice setup for home theater or at least willing to. Why to spend (rather get) a single equipment when you can take professional help to build your customized dream theater.

I have seen 84" Sony, Lg sold like hot cake before but this pricing is absurd.
Hope to read a ownership review on HFV soon.:licklips:

Last edited:
For some people the price they paid is way more important than the value of the product. Secondly, certain occupations in our country will bring in loads of unaccounted money, and these are some ways of spending it!

It is just novelty value. If large curved panel becomes popular price will drop dramatically.
As an analogy, mobile calls were Rs. 8 per minute when introduced in late nineties.

I think some of the reasoning is wrong...

Maybe the person likes TVs and nothing else?

Consider me... I've been spending on audio for ages, even now I'm saving up for the Harbeths and the Yggy. But I still don't have decent furniture... its just not important to me. I even waited a long time before I bought a car. I was well into my 3rd or 4th setup before I got myself a car and even then it was a small car and not a sedan.

For many people (including many in my family) that's crazy. The same as the person spending 60L on a TV looks crazy to us.

Yeah, a 60L TV may not be much different to a PJ in our eyes... but then the audio equipment I have does not sound different to the Philips 2-in-1 my parents had for ages, at least to their ears.

We are all crazy on many different levels.

there are takers..thats why companies produce such things...i know 2 persons in Pune...they have Home theater setup priced more than 2 crores...
So Imagine this for rest of India

Agree. But what I meant was the person who can afford 60L TV must be already having a nice setup for home theater or at least willing to. Why to spend (rather get) a single equipment when you can take professional help to build your customized dream theater.

I have seen 84" Sony, Lg sold like hot cake before but this pricing is absurd.
Hope to read a ownership review on HFV soon.:licklips:

Few years ago, anything above 42" in LCD was very difficult to manufacture. That is why plasma TVs ruled in the big TV space.
So this may just be a flagship model with the company doing the show off.
"We at LG can beat some other XYZ brand and make the biggest baddest mega-ultra TV"

Big curved panels are still in infancy in terms of production and yield. So part or all of the R&D/production costs are being passed on to willing customers who want latest tech early.

On a side note, when the HDD wars were happening in the early part of last decade, Hitachi and IBM were neck to neck in the race. Both were aiming for a massive storage in about the size of a currency coin. Hitachi beat IBM by one week in announcing it and got bragging rights. Eventually IBM sold its storage division to Hitachi.

Cheers,
Raghu

Few years ago, anything above 42" in LCD was very difficult to manufacture. That is why plasma TVs ruled in the big TV space.
So this may just be a flagship model with the company doing the show off.
"We at LG can beat some other XYZ brand and make the biggest baddest mega-ultra TV"

Big curved panels are still in infancy in terms of production and yield. So part or all of the R&D/production costs are being passed on to willing customers who want latest tech early.

Yes. Can understand the prototype thingy as company wants to show off.
Consumers like this should be treated as part-sponsors :lol:

Well this TV is meant for people:

1. Who have loads of spare cash.

2. Who dont know there is a forum named HifiVision! [emoji12]

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back