Tvix jukebox - multimediaplayer

Yes you can. PS3 handles a lot of formats. Just change the HDD in the PS3 itself instead of connecting an external HDD.

HI!

MoserW> Sorry to cut in here but I guess the one can use an external HDD just as well. Could you please confirm this?
The advantage I feel of using an external HDD is that it can carried around, say to a friends place and one can copy a movie/songs/pics whatever and then simply connect it to the PS3.
Also, would you know all the formats that PS3 can play?
Thanks

Sumit

HI!

MoserW> Sorry to cut in here but I guess the one can use an external HDD just as well. Could you please confirm this?

Yes you can. I've tried it with 3.5" though i.e. with external power source. Yet to check with 2.5".

The advantage I feel of using an external HDD is that it can carried around, say to a friends place and one can copy a movie/songs/pics whatever and then simply connect it to the PS3.

Yes that's an advantage. I was just giving the easier option in case "Viginesh" was working on a media hub or a central location for all his media content. Just to access and play it makes more sense to upgrade the HDD in PS3 itself. We've done it with a friend's and next to a PC the PS3 is the 2nd best option. Only problem we encountered with an external HDD was it needed to be in FAT32 since NTFS was not getting recognized. This was with a 1TB external HDD.

Also, would you know all the formats that PS3 can play?

It handles more or less everything thrown at it including H.264. Will play Divx rips very well. Have not checked for audio formats much though, but I remember reading it does FLAC too. Google should help you out here.

Er.. why is TViX so expensive compared to the rest of NMTs? It doesn't look as if it can do anything more than the others..
<confused..>

Er.. why is TViX so expensive compared to the rest of NMTs? It doesn't look as if it can do anything more than the others..
<confused..>

well for starters its positioned as the worlds best jukebox. It supposedly plays all formats (on paper though firmware updates are slow at best). Looks okay wrt to NMTs like pocorn hours egreat etc. Unlike others has a fan hence stays cooler and therefore life should be more theoretically.

Best & cheap player-
1.WD with almost similar format supports as Tivx.-8k
2.Popcornr 110 for 12k?

others are very costly.

Hi Guys ,

Reopening this thread after a long time. Have a specific question regarding TViX especially to Satow as he already owns one. Basically I am looking for something which can also record Live TV and can play it back. As par the website of Jay Multimedia these boxes can do that. So did you have this feature in the set you have? If yes then please share your experience.

Can it copy a dvd directly from the dvd player, I mean without a PC. I have seen something like this in the website but didnt understand the content very well. Any idean on this ??

Thanks.

Guys,
Let me throw some light on the awesome TVIX HD-7000. I personally use it and also sell it.

It does not come with a Hard Drive. You need to add one yourself which can be anywhere from 250GB to 2 TB max internal 3.5" SATA. The unit has the following:-
1. USB HOST -1 to connect to your computer.
2. USB Slots - 2 to add additional USB External drives.
3. Ethernet port - 1 to add a wireless dongle or to connect a NAS or to a network.
4. Had Composite, S-Video, Component & HDMI 1.3 video output with 1080p.
5. Has Co-axial & optical digital outputs for DTS & DD.
6. Has Stereo RCA analog outs too.

The best way is to download DVD Shrink to your laptop, rip your DVDs & Blu-Rays in full uncompressed format about 9GB per disc and then transfer the same to the TVIX's internal HDD.

It also plays the following formats: WAVE, MP3, FLAC, OGG etc. I have personally ripped a fe blu-rays and DVD's and a lot of my music is in FLAC. ITs so easy to use with a great GUI which you can see the entire artwork too. The best part is that it upscales to 1080p.

If you want a demo then pls call me for a demo appointment. For more info visit: HOME > Products > Product Info > TVIX HD M-7000

The MRP in Bangalore is Rs 28500/- with out the HDD.

Guys,
Let me throw some light on the awesome TVIX HD-7000. I personally use it and also sell it.

It does not come with a Hard Drive. You need to add one yourself which can be anywhere from 250GB to 2 TB max internal 3.5" SATA. The unit has the following:-
3. Ethernet port - 1 to add a wireless dongle or to connect a NAS or to a network.

The best way is to download DVD Shrink to your laptop, rip your DVDs & Blu-Rays in full uncompressed format about 9GB per disc and then transfer the same to the TVIX's internal HDD.

It also plays the following formats: WAVE, MP3, FLAC, OGG etc. I have personally ripped a fe blu-rays and DVD's and a lot of my music is in FLAC. ITs so easy to use with a great GUI which you can see the entire artwork too. The best part is that it upscales to 1080p.

If you want a demo then pls call me for a demo appointment. For more info visit: HOME > Products > Product Info > TVIX HD M-7000

Hi,

This device has got a cool GUI compared to it's competitors(just reminds me of Apple), but price wise more than double:indifferent14: But anyways, does it play DTS-HD-MA and DD-TrueHD audios. The spec's do not mention it though.

thanks.

Guys,

Thanks for reply but you didnt mention anything regarding Live TV recording which is one of the main requirement of mine.
Do you ship these in Calcutta as well. Any other model with a lesser price tag ??

Hi Sanjub,

I own the M6500 Tivx box with is just a playback device. The newer 7000 model has the option of receiving HDTV from stations who broadcast over the air.

In general the Tivx box is not designed for copying and recording. It is basically a storage and playback unit. I don't know if the newer 7000 series can record over the air broadcasts, but it can receive them.

It sounds like you need to connect a computer to your HDTV system. You might invest in an HDMI video card such as the ATI 4800 series.

That way you can connect your computer directly to you HDTV, play video games, play all different types of videos, all in 1920 x 1080p.

Unless you use your computer to rip DVDs and Blurays or HDDVDs to .mkv or .avi files and copy or store them on to your Tivx box, this might be an easier solution for you.

Hi Guys ,

Reopening this thread after a long time. Have a specific question regarding TViX especially to Satow as he already owns one. Basically I am looking for something which can also record Live TV and can play it back. As par the website of Jay Multimedia these boxes can do that. So did you have this feature in the set you have? If yes then please share your experience.

Can it copy a dvd directly from the dvd player, I mean without a PC. I have seen something like this in the website but didnt understand the content very well. Any idean on this ??

Thanks.

Hi All
got the Iomega Media Hard Drive it called the Proscreen has an HDMI output , port for a pen drive , it a 1TB and it cost only 10 grand can also be networked

Works great
I do not know if it avaiable in India as I got it from Bahrain

Legin

Thanks for reply but you didnt mention anything regarding Live TV recording which is one of the main requirement of mine.
Do you ship these in Calcutta as well. Any other model with a lesser price tag ??

There is a HDTV Tuner card that will be available additionally to either the 7000a or the 6500a. IT can allow you to view HD Broadcasts, at present only SUN TV has HD TV. It also does allow you to record. At present its not available.

We can ship to Calcutta. Not a problem.

Hi Sanjub,

I own the M6500 Tivx box with is just a playback device. The newer 7000 model has the option of receiving HDTV from stations who broadcast over the air.

Unless you use your computer to rip DVDs and Blurays or HDDVDs to .mkv or .avi files and copy or store them on to your Tivx box, this might be an easier solution for you.

Is it sufficient to have a dvd drive in the computer in order to rip bluray discs or does the computer necessarily need to have bluray disc player also?
Sorry, but my level of knowledge on this topic is too low.

Is it sufficient to have a dvd drive in the computer in order to rip bluray discs or does the computer necessarily need to have bluray disc player also?
Sorry, but my level of knowledge on this topic is too low.

Hi,

you do need a bluray dvd rom on you PC to detect bluray disc's, ordinary dvd rom/writer will not recognize bluray discs. And in India only LG is selling bluray dvd roms/writers i guess.

cheers.

You do not need BD-rom as long as you have Bluray image on ext-HDD or download from net.You can rip OR watch Bluray rip on PC as I m doing currently.

You do not need BD-rom as long as you have Bluray image on ext-HDD or download from net.You can rip OR watch Bluray rip on PC as I m doing currently.

If I have a bluray disc, how do I rip it on my PC unless I do have a BD-ROM? I think there is some confusion here. If you download a BD rip you do not need a BD ROM to play it, I agree.

cheers

Last edited:
If I have a bluray disc, how do I rip it on my PC unless I do have a BD-ROM? I think there is some confusion here. If you download a BD rip you do not need a BD ROM to play it, I agree.

cheers

If you need to copy Bluray disc,then yes ,you need BD-rom.
I wrote earlier abt sharing with friends.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back