tvMobili DLNA Media Server and Panasonic TH-P42V20D

anand_patwardhan

I bought a Panasonic TH-P42V20D last Sunday and have been trying out various features. One of the interesting features of this TV is the DLNA support. I downloaded (Installable is 2698 KB only) a freeware Media Server called tvMobili (A Free DLNA Media Server For Mac, Windows, and Linux) and installed on WinXP machine. Its a very lightweight server. The user interface is through a web page. The server itself runs as a service. So no need to login; just turn on the PC to enjoy media files on PC onto the TV.

My PC is connected to the TV on the Ethernet port via my BSNL home router/switch. So no need to connect a USB drive or an SD card every time for viewing media files.

This DLNA compliant server was quickly detected by the 42V20 and I could see all the media files on my PC listed on the TV. It automatically detects and publishes My Music, My Videos, My Pictures folders for all users on the machine. Using the web interface one can publish more folders too. Navigation on the TV using the remote was very easy and intuitive. It could display all my jpeg pics on the TV. Is was simply awesome to watch these pics on a 42" screen. It also played my mp3s on the TV very well. A wonderful piece of software. And the best part - its completely free !!

Last edited:
anand that is cool!
any use for advanced media players?

I am not sure what you meant by that. I guess any media player with DLNA support can be hooked-up to this TV. BTW, the 42V20D can access multiple Media Servers. All of them are shown in the list of discovered Media Servers. (Of course you can play only one media item at a time though.)

Last edited:
Tried accessing Media Server on my Laptop on WiFi and it worked great. I was able to watch a divx movie on my TV whose DVD was inside the laptop connected on WiFi.

I observed that it is not playing mpeg files. Also it is not playing a VCD off the laptop. Need to find out more.

Also observed that standard DVDs too also not played back by this Media Server. It just shows the Audio_TS and Video_TS folders but does not show the contents of these folders.

@Anand: I will try Tvmobili also. Thanks for posting this thread. If there members who are using much better media server software, please post the details here.

I am using Samsung TV share and found it to be good, installed it on my Win7 machine, and i am able to view and play most of the stuff from my shared folders on the pc, i have tried mkv,avi,mp3 and photos.

I am using Samsung TV share and found it to be good, installed it on my Win7 machine, and i am able to view and play most of the stuff from my shared folders on the pc, i have tried mkv,avi,mp3 and photos.

Did u connect a wireless USB to tv or it is inbuilt?

I have not bought a wireless usb, i am using the wired Ethernet port, as i had cabling done long time back. it works great have not faced any issues, now have to spend some time with the iternet tv feature and see how it works.

Re: Wifi adaptor for Panasonic TH-P42V20D

Ive purchased Panasonic TH-P42V20D :yahoo:
Also Ive purchased USB Wireless Adaptor TP-Link model no. TL-WN721, 150 Mbps speed, 2.4 GHz. to use as WIFI for Panasonic TH-P42V20D PLAZMA TV.
When I insert above adaptor in Panasonic TV USB it does not detect :sad:
Hence please solution(setup) :sos:
I have router fitted (huawei) in my home which does not have LAN connection.
THANKS & BEST REGARDS
BHAVESH SHAH

Re: Wifi adaptor for Panasonic TH-P42V20D

Ive purchased Panasonic TH-P42V20D :yahoo:
Also Ive purchased USB Wireless Adaptor TP-Link model no. TL-WN721, 150 Mbps speed, 2.4 GHz. to use as WIFI for Panasonic TH-P42V20D PLAZMA TV.
When I insert above adaptor in Panasonic TV USB it does not detect :sad:
Hence please solution(setup) :sos:
I have router fitted (huawei) in my home which does not have LAN connection.
THANKS & BEST REGARDS
BHAVESH SHAH

Hello Bhavesh,

Belated congratulations on your purchase last year. Has it been configured or you seek our assistance to get it to work? Would be glad to assist you. If you figured it out, let me know how. If this is the dongle to go in for, I shall consider purchasing the same.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

hi all the fellow members,
i have bought Panasonic TH-P42V20D but iam unable to connect to media server. please help in this matter.
madhur

Panasonic 50V20D - 78k Price, including delivery + installation + 3 years extended warranty.

Contact - Umesh - 9632925205 - (Aadishwar, Marathahalli - Bangalore)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back