Tweeter in the port and woofer wired backwards

Srinath_seshadri

I have a set of empty kappa 7 cabinet I am going to populate with DC300 and a 5" jamo mid and a sawafuji ribbon tweeter.

The Mid has its own chamber. So only the woofer and tweeter share the rest of the cabinet. Kappa 7 is a sealed cabinet originally.
The cabinet the drivers are in now is vented and smaller than the kappa 7 cabinet, but it does sound very very good in that cab. The DC300 is fine in vented or in sealed cabs.

My sawafuji tweeter is a lot smaller than the original emit tweeter hole, so instead of taking up the space around it with a flat plate, I was thinking I'll bolt the tweeter with the hole left open but wire the woofer backwards.
That would make the woofer move inward when it should move outward, and push air out the port that the tweeter is straddling.

May be closer to point source I am thinking. Now if it sounds good, I'll make a proper port tube and fit the tweeter in it.

I may put the tweeter in its own tube and cancel out the back wave and try it too.

What you guys think.

Cool.
Srinath.

I'll make a proper port tube and fit the tweeter in it.

Cool.
Srinath.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by this, Are you saying installing tweeter in Port that is used to vent the enclosure.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back