Unable to play Videos from external HDD on my TV Samsung 46D6000

andy78

I have a 3 year old Samsung 46D6000 TV which I use sometimes to watch movies connected with my External HDD.
Recently my existing External HDD crashed so using another External HDD but when I copy any video file on the 2nd External HDD and try to play on the TV I get the message Can't open the file.
Could it be a problem with the TV recognizing the File type on the 2nd HDD or file systems on the External HDD.
Some of the same files were being recognized on my first HDD.
Any ideas.

This could be due to :

1. As you've pointed out the file system.

Please see properties, if FS is NTFS, is file compression on ? if yes, turn it off.

2. You have made partitions that can not be read by your TVs firmaware (unlikely though)

I think the culprit is FS.

Hope this helps

This could be due to :

Please see properties, if FS is NTFS, is file compression on ? if yes, turn it off.

2. You have made partitions that can not be read by your TVs firmaware (unlikely though)

Hope this helps
One surprise thing is happening wherein whichever device I connect to it shows the contents of the device which was there previously.
For example yesterday I formatted my 4 GB Pen drive earlier it had some songs in it. Then I copied a video file. When I connect it to my TV it still shows the old songs even though they have been deleted.

This could be due to :

Hope this helps

File Compression is not enabled.
File System is NTFS.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back