Unable to restore ipod nano 4th gen,iPod only shows an Apple logo and doesn't start u

i can try 2 restore my ipod nano 4th gen.but ,after restore in itune,iPod only shows an Apple logo and doesn't start up.plz help me.i can restore more than 5 times.but still i cant able to restore

Re: Unable to restore ipod nano 4th gen,iPod only shows an Apple logo and doesn't sta

Try d/l an older firmware and installing it i.e. downgrade to a previous version.

I have successfully installed/updated the latest firmwares for my iPhone many times. Even downgraded it and then updated/upgraded it.

I have the iPod Touch too but never needed to hack into it.

Re: Unable to restore ipod nano 4th gen,iPod only shows an Apple logo and doesn't sta

Is your Ipod jailbroken?

If No, then just take it to the nearest Apple service center, you can try to fix it on your own but it is a big headache. It is much easier to let them do all the dirty work

If Yes, then search for videos on youtube on how to restore ipod to factory settings. There are many useful ones

Or you can try this,

Press and hold the Home button and the power button for around 15 seconds, that should do a standard factory reset.

Try putting it in DFU mode and then restore.

i can connect ipod to my system-itune detect my ipod-i can choose restore option-itune search restore application-then its install my ipod-finally ipod turn off and then apple logo display.i want 2 know ipod restore application install my ipod,then popup menu shows successfully restore leave ipod.i can click OK.then i remove ipod to my system.apple logo hangs.if,i leave ipod i itune,still apple logo hangs.
after restore application installed,ipod restart,apple logo display,every think going well.but i have confussion in next step.remove the ipod to my system or stay itune?
plz quide me to restore installation

Last edited:

Try putting it in DFU mode and then restore.
already i can try disk only mode.i can press menu+select button.ipod restart-click next+preview-disk only mode enabled.now i can view my ipod in itune & explorer.i can select restore option in tune.after download,install restore function-ipod restarted.but it hangs ipod logo.no changes.if i click menu+select button again its restarted & ipod logo hangs.if i press next+previous butoon after restart again dosk only mode enabled.but not starting setting mode

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back