Under 10K humble sub. Suggestions?

crosstalk

I am looking for a sub woofer to engage with my existing stereo setup Onkyo A-9030 + PSB Alpha B1. Need not shake anything, just need the bass lines (mostly of double bass and bass guitars) slightly prominent than they are now.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
I am looking for a sub woofer to engage with my existing stereo setup Onkyo A-9030 + PSB Alpha B1. Need not shake anything, just need the bass lines (mostly of double bass and bass guitars) slightly prominent then they are now.

Suggestions are appreciated.

"Yamaha YST-SW012" will be the best for your budget.

Thanks but I have a mental block with respect to Yamaha. I can only visualize it as a motorcycle manufacturer (as I own a RX100). So no way I can ever buy a Yamaha component for my music systems! Sorry.

Hahahahhaaha :))

Used Sonodyne Roarr 108 will be in your range. There are some other subs around 10K from Onkyo and Pol, forgot the models.

Hahahahhaaha :))

Used Sonodyne Roarr 108 will be in your range. There are some other subs around 10K from Onkyo and Pol, forgot the models.

Roarr is good?

Sonodyne's sales personnels have a strange attitude as if they invented sound. Have that changed or the same? Or just buy it online?

Roarr is good?
Yes.. I have heard Raorrr 210 many a times..

Sonodyne's sales personnels have a strange attitude as if they invented sound. Have that changed or the same? Or just buy it online?

Sondyne is offering some products with 26% discount on hifimart, Roarr 108 is more than your budget..

Try the Pioneer subwoofer's from any of the dealers in your city.. Would be around 15K..

Or used subs from FM..

I really hope that there are some electronic parts inside the sub.

Just to give you an idea - for my Yamaha yst fsw050, it did cost me 183+?2k for shipping and customs (via FedEx) only from UK to India

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in

Post the link, I couldn't find that. How come they're so cheap after paying shipping and duties ? I checked one which is like $95 and after shipping and duties, it came around $290.

Did you read the review in amazon.com?
One user reported that he got 3 subs and none of them worked.

Bhai how is that possible ? For 26lbs Polk, they're charging $130 for shipping. For 22lbs Sony, they're charging $85 for shipping. And for those 16lbs Blue Octave, how are they charging $4.48 for shipping ? Also, those subs are rated 120V so you'll need a step-down transformer for that. Someone bought 3 of those and none of them worked and he returned. I think he didn't realize that those are rated 120V and blew the fuse every time :lol:

I don't think that would be the case, as chances are that he is an US customer. If three subs blew, then caution is recommended and best to forget the deal.

As once it is a DOA on arrival in India, it is money down the drain.

I don't think that would be the case, as chances are that he is an US customer. If three subs blew, then caution is recommended and best to forget the deal.

As once it is a DOA on arrival in India, it is money down the drain.

I saw his name and thought he might be from India. I mean he got it three times and none of them worked ?

I will not order from abroad and then face the custom and courier tantrums and hassles. The custom - courier nexus simply extorts money even after pre-paying the import duty fees.

Secondly the way packages are handled in airport cargos (mostly dropped, thrown and kicked) unless they are really really packed with wooden support and all, they can get damaged anytime.

So I plan to walk in somewhere in Kolkata and buy it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back