Universal all in one remote for home Theatre system

subbus

Hi All,

I am looking for Universal all in one remote for home Theatre system - to control TV, media player, bluray player, DTH. Please share your experience & reviews too.

Hi All,

I am looking for Universal all in one remote for home Theatre system - to control TV, media player, bluray player, DTH. Please share your experience & reviews too.
Hello There,
If you have someone coming in from the US, see if you can get the Logitech Harmony 950 or the Elite. Here I think you can get the 650 for around 3k in Croma.

Regards,
Som

Hi All,

Hi Subbus,

I have used it before. It's a great remote but consumes batteries relatively fast. You can use rechargeable Eneloop batteries to sort that out. It generally works with most of the equipments but not sure about DTH boxes. Pls check if your devices are compatible before buying on the Logitech site.

Regards.

Last edited:
I had been using the Logitech Harmony 650 for many years. It's an easy recommendation. An excellent yet inexpensive option. Although the battery drains fast, in my experience. Unfortunately, a coffee spill made it less responsive and had to be discarded eventually. Later I upgraded to the Elite model that's serving me well these days. You can't go wrong with the harmony series regardless of the model you choose.

I have been using Logitech Harmony 720 for almost 9 yrs which was brought from US back then for about $80 (Discontinued now).

Harmony are the excellent choice for universal remote.

Hello There,
If you have someone coming in from the US, see if you can get the Logitech Harmony 950 or the Elite. Here I think you can get the 650 for around 3k in Croma.

Regards,
Som
Thank you, will check

Hi Subbus,

I have used it before. It's a great remote but consumes batteries relatively fast. You can use rechargeable Eneloop batteries to sort that out. It generally works with most of the equipments but not sure about DTH boxes. Pls check if your devices are compatible before buying on the Logitech site.

Regards.
Thanks

I had been using the Logitech Harmony 650 for many years. It's an easy recommendation. An excellent yet inexpensive option. Although the battery drains fast, in my experience. Unfortunately, a coffee spill made it less responsive and had to be discarded eventually. Later I upgraded to the Elite model that's serving me well these days. You can't go wrong with the harmony series regardless of the model you choose.

I have been using Logitech Harmony 720 for almost 9 yrs which was brought from US back then for about $80 (Discontinued now).

Harmony are the excellent choice for universal remote.
Good to know

using Harmony elite as well an its a great remote.
ok

has anyone used harmony with Alexa/Google ? Is it supported ??

I have Harmony 680, never used, brand new condition. It's only harmony (I think) which can control 15 devices

Hi Subbus,

Regards.
Hi @Nitin K i have looked at it on the chroma site it is not available.

Can you or any other fourm members help me getting this anywhere in india. I have seven remotes infront of me!!!

Can you or any other fourm members help me getting this anywhere in india. I have seven remotes infront of me!!!
Hi Seker,
The remote is currently unavailable everywhere. Pls wait for some time as it may pop up on one of the online sites. Pls check on Olx too from time to time.

Regards,
Nitin

No, I don't think so. I think Harmony does not have any service center in India. I have the same and not working properly. Not able to service anywhere in Chennai. Moreover I think Harmony remotes are becoming irrelevant as smart TV's and voice assistant have taken over.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back