universal remote advise

Learning remotes on Amazon didn't look promising. I ordered a sofa baton from Amazon US for $50 and a used harmony 700 locally here to be used with FLIRC usb.

yet to use any of them yet though
Can I buy this sofa baton from amazon US while I am in India. Please do let me know in detail please as to how
Learning remotes on Amazon didn't look promising. I ordered a sofa baton from Amazon US for $50 and a used harmony 700 locally here to be used with FLIRC usb.

yet to use any of them yet though

Me and the wife are having hard time juggling three remotes (pioneer receiver, mi q1 75 tv and the shield).

Logitech has discontinued the harmony product line. Does it still make sense to buy harmony? I tried searching on a few forums and OLX can’t find a new or used unit

Are there any legit alternatives to harmony?
Can anybody reply to this

Can anybody reply to this
There are three remotes:

1) Receiver (Pioneer) - This is IR based
2) MI 75 Q1 - This is BT remote
3) Shield pro - This is BT remote

Most of the universal remote in the market are IR based.. so there is a challenge

Sofabaton seems to be the best fit. However, its not available in India.

What are the most used commands:

1) Receiver - Volume up/down and power on/off.. at times some other commands like source selection or sound profile selection etc
2) MI 75 Q1 - Full functionality
3) Shield pro - Full Functionality

If the chain is eARC enabled then MI remote can effectively control Shield pro and volume up/down of receiver:

I have following setup:

1) Receiver (Denon) - core of the setup
2) MI 75 Q1 - used as dumb video display
3) FS 4k - Connected to receiver
4) Canon Storage - Connected to receiver

In my chain, I have introduced an IR blaster. That IR blaster is further connected to Smartlife and Alexa. Have taught IR blaster multiple commands to control Receiver and Canon storage. These commands/routines have been integrated with Alexa for voice control. Here is what I have now:

Alexa (voice command) - control Receiver (switching between sources, selecting sound/video profile). All - turn on and off the entire chain
MI remote - control FS 4K, TV and CS100. Actually, not using original MI remote as that was chewed by my dog. Have paired FS remote with TV and is working fine.. except for a few key TV commands. Well that's another problem to solve.

So essentially, am left with just one remote and with legit voice :D

There are three remotes:

1) Receiver (Pioneer) - This is IR based
2) MI 75 Q1 - This is BT remote
3) Shield pro - This is BT remote

Most of the universal remote in the market are IR based.. so there is a challenge

Sofabaton seems to be the best fit. However, its not available in India.

What are the most used commands:

1) Receiver - Volume up/down and power on/off.. at times some other commands like source selection or sound profile selection etc
2) MI 75 Q1 - Full functionality
3) Shield pro - Full Functionality

If the chain is eARC enabled then MI remote can effectively control Shield pro and volume up/down of receiver:

I have following setup:

1) Receiver (Denon) - core of the setup
2) MI 75 Q1 - used as dumb video display
3) FS 4k - Connected to receiver
4) Canon Storage - Connected to receiver

In my chain, I have introduced an IR blaster. That IR blaster is further connected to Smartlife and Alexa. Have taught IR blaster multiple commands to control Receiver and Canon storage. These commands/routines have been integrated with Alexa for voice control. Here is what I have now:

Alexa (voice command) - control Receiver (switching between sources, selecting sound/video profile). All - turn on and off the entire chain
MI remote - control FS 4K, TV and CS100. Actually, not using original MI remote as that was chewed by my dog. Have paired FS remote with TV and is working fine.. except for a few key TV commands. Well that's another problem to solve.

So essentially, am left with just one remote and with legit voice :D
That's a great. It means no alternative to the universe remote at least in india.

That's a great. It means no alternative to the universe remote at least in india.
Answer no if you are looking in a budget. It is a yes if you don’t have limit on budget. Control 4 has the media control but it’s a total automation solution. Nothing in budget for now. Two contenders are getting ready, U2 and YIO. Needs long waiting.

I haven't tried this personally and even haven't explored feature set but it came to my notice earlier... You can check it may serve your need

Oakremote WiFi All in One Smart Universal Remote | IR Blaster | for TV, AC, Music System etc. Pre-Installed Library for All TV, AC, Set Top Box remotes Work with Alexa, Google Home & Oakter App https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07T65KSLC/

I haven't tried this personally and even haven't explored feature set but it came to my notice earlier... You can check it may serve your need

Oakremote WiFi All in One Smart Universal Remote | IR Blaster | for TV, AC, Music System etc. Pre-Installed Library for All TV, AC, Set Top Box remotes Work with Alexa, Google Home & Oakter App https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07T65KSLC/
This sound good in features but have average ratings on Amazon

Hi,
I have NEEO Remote full kit ( used) Google & let me know if this might interest

Sachin ( Mumbai)

I have a logitech harmony hub with physical remote lying unused. It was bought 1 year back from USA. Let me know if you want it

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back