Universal Remote

churfsan

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying Universal Remote.
I have seen Logitech 525, priced around 5K
Others like Logitech Harmony 1000 is much costlier

What is your opinion on Logitech 525, advantages, disadvantages and limitations?

I saw another "One-for-all" URC 7556 (Rs. 2000/-), which is supposed to control TV, DVD, AMP, VCR and SAT. I am in Hyderabad and have HATHWAY Cable STB. Will this work with this remote?

Or with Logitech 525?

Can we program MACRO jobs with 525? How about with URC 7556?

Thanks
Churfsan

Logitech Harmony is not 5K. I bought it for 3.8K last month

Theitdepot - Logitech Harmony 525 Advanced Universal Remote

its been good and controls all devices perfectly. it has marco options and is highly versatile

It controls my Nad, Nakamichi. Marantz devices which other universal remotes do not seem to get going. the best part is the entire database is available online. you just need to plug it to usb, tell the model nos and the remote updates itself. No fussy learning and manual programming (you can also do that if you wish) but with USB connectivity and entire online database with more than 1500000 supported devices it is extremely improbable that your devices would not be listed

it can never get obsolete. I think it was a rather good investment. I saw the other models but for styling, ergonomics, looks, features and upgradability I preferred the Logitech 525 to them all

hi

as moserw says , one for all is a good brand.

If you can afford, try this Kameleon 8 One for all

It is backlit with feather touch operation with keys that appear and disappear....... just like magic.And no buttons !!.

The URC 7556 mentions the facility of 'macros'. Has anyone used this extensively and how well does it work? Is there only one macro to program or can one program multiple macro functions independently?

Logitech calls the macros 'activity' keys but in the Harmony you can store multiple such activities e.g Watching DVD, Listening to Music, Watching VCR etc...which turn on and set all the respective components required for that task automatically (once programmed).

The URC 7556 mentions the facility of 'macros'. Has anyone used this extensively and how well does it work? Is there only one macro to program or can one program multiple macro functions independently?

Logitech calls the macros 'activity' keys but in the Harmony you can store multiple such activities e.g Watching DVD, Listening to Music, Watching VCR etc...which turn on and set all the respective components required for that task automatically (once programmed).

Multiple macros are possible in URC 7556, just have to assign a macro to a key. I am using only one to turn on all equipment like AVR, DVDP, etc. and the same key to turn them all off.

Does one for all support AVR ?

By support for AVR if you mean does it replace the AVR remote then yes it does. Works on my Onkyo AVR, Sony and Philips DVDP, and Panasonic TVs. Only problem is it can be configured only for 5 devices. That's why I am recommending the higher model at 3K that can be configured for 15 devices at the same time. Also, this has a learning mode wherein you can transfer any function from any remote to this particular remote and it will do the same function. Works great and life and the space on my bed are also a lot better. Previously had to have 3 remotes just to watch a movie i.e. for the TV, DVDP and AVR and one of them would keep falling down. Thought it was better to keep the originals safe and get 1 universal remote to control all devices and it works great I can say now.

Which model supports Sundirect DTH
is it avilable in chennai? cost?

sathesh55,

Any universal remote with a learning mode will work with Sun Direct DTH. All you have to do is pair the Sun Direct DTH remote with the universal remote and program the universal remote to do what the Sun Direct DTH remote would do.

sathesh55,

Any universal remote with a learning mode will work with Sun Direct DTH. All you have to do is pair the Sun Direct DTH remote with the universal remote and program the universal remote to do what the Sun Direct DTH remote would do.

manofernando,

Thats what you too need to do dude. Use the onida remote to program the universal one

I second what flanker mentioned as I was unable to get the code. So the best bet is to get the new learning remote and have it learn by using the Onida remote if you happen to have it.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back