unlocking a ps3

Ayan released around 2 weeks back by Ayngaran in Bluray..

Nice to see that even Indian regional movies are being shot in HD and available in Bluray. After I got my xtreamer, I asked around and my friend gave me his HDD with some HD and upscaled movies. I was shocked to see that the only FullHD movie in his collection was Billa - a tamil movie. I have so far only seen parts of it to check out my Projector. I must say it is a good material for testing black levels - most scenes are shot in the dark. Also loved the HD version of Shivaji - very colorful and good test material for checking brightness, contrast and colors. Especially that song where Rajani becomes white. The audio is fantastic too.

Yes eggjactly,I meant to say grey market and it is piracy :D

Lol. Grey Market is not exactly piracy in the actual sense. Grey market is a topic for another discussion altogether. I know for a fact that there are many brands (including some big brands) which pump in their electronics goods(not defective) into the Grey Market. These are original and sold without bill and sometimes with bill at an extra cost. Just 5 years ago, if one wanted something immediately after launch, they had no choice but to buy from grey. Same with PS3 slim if you want it before the official launch in India:).

As Ashish had stated earlier there is no limit for internal HD.
Thanks Ashish. And thanks Suresh for the official confirmation - straight from the marketing head of PS3:D

Nice to see that even Indian regional movies are being shot in HD and available in Bluray. After I got my xtreamer, I asked around and my friend gave me his HDD with some HD and upscaled movies. I was shocked to see that the only FullHD movie in his collection was Billa - a tamil movie. I have so far only seen parts of it to check out my Projector. I must say it is a good material for testing black levels - most scenes are shot in the dark. Also loved the HD version of Shivaji - very colorful and good test material for checking brightness, contrast and colors. Especially that song where Rajani becomes white. The audio is fantastic too.

I'm not a expert, But however every movie is shot with more resolution more than HD. That is why we are able to get good quality over Cinema screen. It's the transfer that matters really where Indian Film Industry struggles. Some good examples to watch is Sawariya - I personally own it and even though movie isn't top notch the colours and audio is brilliant. Try it if you get a chance.

I'm not a expert, But however every movie is shot with more resolution more than HD. That is why we are able to get good quality over Cinema screen. It's the transfer that matters really where Indian Film Industry struggles. Some good examples to watch is Sawariya - I personally own it and even though movie isn't top notch the colours and audio is brilliant. Try it if you get a chance.

Teky, reference material for the Indian Blu- ray shall be Sivaji / Saawariya... Next Om shanthi Om is Good. Sivaji and Saawariya were shot in 4K resolution... Hence in normal reproduction itself it will look good. It excelled in Bluray. I have seen & own more than 200 blurays of region A- plenty of Hollywood movies were reproduced badly especaily some old movies. They are trying to cash in HD fever and releasing in DVD qulaity. New movies were excellent.

Last edited:

I have moved the contents to AV enhancers & room acoustics which should be appropriate... Members continue to post start by RISE..
regards

srini

Last edited:
Teky, reference material for the Indian Blu- ray shall be Sivaji / Saawariya... Next Om shanthi Om is Good. Sivaji and Saawariya were shot in 4K resolution... Hence in normal reproduction itself it will look good. It excelled in Bluray. I have seen & own more than 200 blurays of region A- plenty of Hollywood movies were reproduced badly especaily some old movies. They are trying to cash in HD fever and releasing in DVD qulaity. New movies were excellent.

Agreed, there are some terrible transfers out there.

But there are some brilliant old one's the classic being Bladerunner & Pinnochiona. I generally go by the AVS rating & Blu-ray.com rating before buying anything.

any idea from where i cud buy the BD release of the telugu movie ARUNDHATI ? (came to know its released on oct 15th/ and the first telugu movi to release on BRD)

Last edited:
any idea from where i cud buy the BD release of the telugu movie ARUNDHATI ? (came to know its released on oct 15th/ and the first telugu movi to release on BRD)

DVD of this movie got released but not the blu ray yet. Its confirmed they are going to release this movie in Blu ray and an Indian website which sells DVDs in USA is showing the blu ray version in coming soon category since a month.

So.....

What is the easiest most convenient way to stream or download HD and regular movies onto the PS3 for watching.....

Also since this forum has helped me get this far I guess I gotta sign off with:

CA 540a | Lg pq 70 | PS3 slim | Dynaudio Audience 82 (more Audience coming) |

Thanks

DVD of this movie got released but not the blu ray yet. Its confirmed they are going to release this movie in Blu ray and an Indian website which sells DVDs in USA is showing the blu ray version in coming soon category since a month.

thanks , i do have the dvd , but on BRD Arundhathi and Maghadheera wud be stunning!!!! jst waiting to get them @least arundhathi for now / but i thot the BRD was released on oct15th

So.....

What is the easiest most convenient way to stream or download HD and regular movies onto the PS3 for watching.....

Also since this forum has helped me get this far I guess I gotta sign off with:

CA 540a | Lg pq 70 | PS3 slim | Dynaudio Audience 82 (more Audience coming) |

Thanks

Well if you have a decent PC then PS3 Media Server is the best for streaming. Can make it work wireless as well, however would recommend Wired. It hughely improves online gaming experience as well.

And regarding downloading HD movies I believe we shouldn't be discussing that here :)

I rented an Indian Blue Ray film the other. It was Angels and Demons sold in India. The DVD would not play owing to unsupported Country Codes. How can I unlock this PS3 so it plays all versions.

Thanks

I rented an Indian Blue Ray film the other. It was Angels and Demons sold in India. The DVD would not play owing to unsupported Country Codes. How can I unlock this PS3 so it plays all versions.

Thanks

At this time, there are no known ways to unlock a PS3.

Since you have the PS3 Slim and its not been officially released in India as yet, I will wager that you have a Reg A or Reg B locked PS3 - most probs a Region A.
It will not be able to play Region C locked BDs that you get in India. You should be able to play region free BDs though. Or rip the BD in case you have a bluray drive?

Thanks

i had the same problem , the pioneer 52lx bdp wud not play the angels and demons bd (as the bdp is locked to reg a), and i was not too sure of the unlocking procedures the only crazy solution i came about is to pick up an entry level philips BDp (bdp3000) which is reg c , i got a very good deal for it as i returned 2 recently purchased upscaling dvdps back (i got 5k off )

so now i have no issues of playing regA/regC BRDs

I have mentioned it elsewhere, but another solution that I can think of is to buy a Computer BD Drive and copy the content to play it via a media player\htpc. Ashish confirmed it cannot be played via PS3.

I have mentioned it elsewhere, but another solution that I can think of is to buy a Computer BD Drive and copy the content to play it via a media player\htpc. Ashish confirmed it cannot be played via PS3.

Why cant it be played via PS3 after ripping? I thought if you rip it (using something like AnyDVD), it should become region free and then PS3 should not mind playing it?

Last edited:
Why cant it be played via PS3 after ripping? I thought if you rip it (using something like AnyDVD), it should become region free and then PS3 should not mind playing it?

Not sure Manu, I received my PS3-Slim just yesterday. I am still to play around with all these options. In the post below, Ashish has mentioned to use Xtreamer and not PS3. I wanted to ask but just thought there must be some limitation.

@Ashish: Could you please share as to why there is a problem playing BD copys via PS3?
http://www.hifivision.com/console-gaming/6574-india-launch-date-ps3-slim-2.html#post82009

Not sure Manu, I received my PS3-Slim just yesterday. I am still to play around with all these options. In the post below, Ashish has mentioned to use Xtreamer and not PS3. I wanted to ask but just thought there must be some limitation.

@Ashish: Could you please share as to why there is a problem playing BD copys via PS3?
http://www.hifivision.com/console-gaming/6574-india-launch-date-ps3-slim-2.html#post82009

I haven't ripped one myself, However from what I have read you could pretty much RIP to any format - say M2TS the properiatery format on BD which should be able to play on the PS3. Also the PS3 can itself be used to rip BD's. There is a app called Swiss Knife - Unfortunately Santosh you can't use it as Slim has lost this capability.

I haven't tried that yet and will defo do this next weekend and update.

Ya i guess the ripping feature on the ps3 was associated with the usage of linux which is not possible on the new PS3.

Back