Upgradation of My 32Inch TV

@Marakk : how the sound quality of c9..? I am planning to check the retailer for the final price .

Or do you expect any pric drop if 2020 model arrived..?

@Marakk : how the sound quality of c9..? I am planning to check the retailer for the final price .

Or do you expect any pric drop if 2020 model arrived..?

Better than standard TVs, but I found it inadequate. Took a cheap soundbar first. Much much better than TV, buy it didn't have vritual surround or any such jazzy tech. I just upgraded. Was considering an Atmos home theater, but small room so wasn't enjoying the thought of running wires. Just jnstalled a new soundbar; Samsung Q60. Like literally just now.

During Diwali, you should be able to get BX for about 1 lac
I called couple of retailers and there not coming down below 1.4 for c9, may be I have to visit and bargain.

Any idea about samsung q60 qled one..? Or anything from samsung.

I called couple of retailers and there not coming down below 1.4 for c9, may be I have to visit and bargain.

Any idea about samsung q60 qled one..? Or anything from samsung.

Q60 doesn't have FALD. Q70 does, but Sony X950G is better. Let's some blooming happen, but controls fluctuations and black details better. That's why I recommended that. Q80 will cost just as much as OLED, so no point.

Now is not a good time to be buying tbh. You'll have to wait for everything to open up a bit more and rhen bargain.

Q60 doesn't have FALD. Q70 does, but Sony X950G is better. Let's some blooming happen, but controls fluctuations and black details better. That's why I recommended that. Q80 will cost just as much as OLED, so no point.

Now is not a good time to be buying tbh. You'll have to wait for everything to open up a bit more and rhen bargain.
Understood , but considering we are spending more time in home, i thought of using this time with better viewing experience.

sorry to ask back to back doubts , what about oneplus qled..? i thought it is ahving decent reviews..? is that option is worth to consider..?

Understood , but considering we are spending more time in home, i thought of using this time with better viewing experience.

sorry to ask back to back doubts , what about oneplus qled..? i thought it is ahving decent reviews..? is that option is worth to consider..?

Again, no FALD. For good HDR, which is a bigger upgrade in my view than 1080p to 4k, you need FALD and peak brightness of 600 nits at least. Most TVs in India don't meet that.

Again, no FALD. For good HDR, which is a bigger upgrade in my view than 1080p to 4k, you need FALD and peak brightness of 600 nits at least. Most TVs in India don't meet that.
Ok to summarise , for upgrading my tv these are the options.

1: upgrade to oled for getting best viewing experience, and it will be a future proof, no need for thinking of upgradation for next 5 years minimum. And perfect for my viewing angle.

And lg c9 will be the best available to go for .

2: upgrade to tv with FALD,
This should be next close to oled in terms of performance, but I may have to compromise on my viewing angle here.
Sony 9500g will be my best option here.
Quey: I have seen one FALD option from lg , is it worth to consider (nanocell)

3: any thing other than these options are not worth to cosider..?(especially when my budget js around 80k)

Is my above points are correct..?

Last edited:
If you are considering to spend 80k+, please save a little more and wait for oled prices to fall. It will certainly drop once the new stocks starts arriving.
Sony 9500g has poor viewing angle just like any VA type lcd.

@Marakk

I have call d couple of retailers and all are trying to upsell B9 instead of c9 and suggesting there will be a good cash back offers for that. And they told they can't discuss the final price over the phone.
Suppose if the ptice for b9 and x950g is almost same which should ni go for..?

And I was reading through the forum and found the discussion about burn in issues of oled, in my usage of daily 4-5 hours subtitles will be there for all the shows or movies, will that be a risk for burn in..?

@Marakk

I have call d couple of retailers and all are trying to upsell B9 instead of c9 and suggesting there will be a good cash back offers for that. And they told they can't discuss the final price over the phone.

And I was reading through the forum and found the discussion about burn in issues of oled, in my usage of daily 4-5 hours subtitles will be there for all the shows or movies, will that be a risk for burn in..?
If you are with strict budget .. please go and check Panasonic GX800D . It is far superior in that budget compared to Sony,LG, Samsung.
This model is sold by offline outlet only and that also few.

@Marakk

Subtitles won't be an issue, as long as they aren't yellow. You can turn them to grey too or semi transparent in Netflix and Amazon. I watch a movie everyday with subtitles with parents plus some shows.

Static logos are the biggest problem. If you're watching 3-4 hours of content everyday with the same logo, then burn-in of that logo can happen within 2-3 years.

I have explained in detail multiple times about burn-in and why newer panels are better. Please search. Can't type all that again.

I would take C9 over B9 or wait for BX. C9 processor stabilizes artifacts faster than B9 and colors are more accurate. Those matter for me. B9 vs X950G is a tough one. If your viewing was on axis only, X950G could have worker with bias lighting, but it's going to look ugly off axis. Blooming is significantly worse from the angle you posted. Person sitting there won't enjoy it. So B9 over X950G for me. That said, C9 is a worthy investment and cost difference shouldn't be more than 10-12k. I have lived with Metz OLED for a while, and the upgrades that C9 brings to the table are 100% worth it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back