Upgrade suggestion for Dali Zensor 5

Coolmac

Hi
I am currently using a Denon AVR. X 2300w, Quad Vena and Dali Zensor5 floor standers.
Chose to put in the Vena for its beautiful DAC.
However my Dalis sound not so colorful.
I feel they lack the crispiness and should be more bassy
Can you please suggest a speaker upgrade?
It is used mostly to stream audio via bluetooth, from iphone app music and also the interner radio from Denon.
I am using as a 2 ch stereo.

Hi
I am currently using a Denon AVR. X 2300w, Quad Vena and Dali Zensor5 floor standers.
Chose to put in the Vena for its beautiful DAC.
However my Dalis sound not so colorful.
I feel they lack the crispiness and should be more bassy
Can you please suggest a speaker upgrade?
It is used mostly to stream audio via bluetooth, from iphone app music and also the interner radio from Denon.
I am using as a 2 ch stereo.

Do you have a multi channel setup or only a Stereo setup? If its a Stereo only, I would suggest switch from a receiver to a Stereo Amp. Add a blue tooth receiver to it and you will have a much simpler setup. Try to audition the speakers with a NAD amp.

If it has to be a Speaker upgrade, you could look at the bigger Zensor 7, Polk Signature series, Elacs, etc.

MaSh

@MaSh
Thanks for the suggestion. I am using Denon receiver its on 2 channel mode.
Also I have the Quad vena which is a seperate integrated amp having bluetooth connectivity. Would again remind here about a wonderful DAC which they also provide in their higher end products
Yes I totally agree with your view -The Quad Vena sounds much better than the Denon here bro

@MaSh
Thanks for the suggestion. I am using Denon receiver its on 2 channel mode.
Also I have the Quad vena which is a seperate integrated amp having bluetooth connectivity. Would again remind here about a wonderful DAC which they also provide in their higher end products
Yes I totally agree with your view -The Quad Vena sounds much better than the Denon here bro

Interesting. So you know the direction. Audition the zensor 7. Also, check out the herberth in the for sale section.

MaSh

why you think its not sounding colorful? Is it too warm or bright? Actually I was thinking of auditioning Dali to replace my MA Bronze. could you give feedback?

Dali as a first time speaker is no doubt wonderful. Rarely any speakers in this budget even come close to it.
But when it comes to upgrading its really difficult to choose!
With still powerful amps or pure stereo I feel it lacks some chirpyness. Tough the bass is tight n punchy
Go ahead get one they are very nice in the said budget!!

Interesting. So you know the direction. Audition the zensor 7. Also, check out the herberth in the for sale section.

MaSh
Thanks MaSh
But Zensor 7 is close to 5
Want to try something out if Dali now !

Dali as a first time speaker is no doubt wonderful. Rarely any speakers in this budget even come close to it.
With still powerful amps or pure stereo I feel it lacks some chirpyness. Tough the bass is tight n punchy
Also when we audition particular speakers in the studio they have beautiful processors which we tend to overlook in our zeal for speaker search
Same goes for thier professional room acustic treatments.

Sorry I am not getting you. Are you saying it is not bright enough to your liking? If that is the case then you should go for MA Bronze 2.

Yes Captainrizal
Want to explore some still hifi Brands like MA silver or bronze or Paradigms-Prestige
Does anyone have any experience with the later .... which gives better effects even at low volumes
It should not give any headaches!

I dont want to add a sub at this stage. The room size is not too big Its 15 x 20 feet approx.

Don't think the sub has anything to do with room size.. I have a smaller room than yours, 14 x 11 ft and have been comfortably using dual subs in the room for sometime.. It is meant to produce very low freq, below 80Hz..

If you are happy with the sound signature of Dali, then it's better to add a sealed sub for low end extension which Dali can't produce. Addition of more powerful and matching amplifier may also fetch good results but both options may have limited improvement in sound quality. To my test Dali is bright and sound brittle on high volume. Few speakers I have auditioned and are good options to replace Dali Zenser..
KEF Q750....
Monitor Audio Bronze 6
Paradigm Monitor 9
Recently Fyne audio has introduced F303 and Paradigm has monitor SE 6000/3000F and Premier 800/700F

Thanks rpmahale.
When you increase the volume the Dali is a bit of like Bass goes up but the trebble dosn’t go up. Feels too dull. May be MA bronze 6 is diff in that regards!

I think you should first look at the room. Tell us about your room with equipment and speaker placement options.
Also reflecting surfaces affect high frequencies more and not so much low frequencies. A sub could very well be set up.

Thanks Naturelover
My room size is 15 x 20 approx
Only cushoning is a 3+ 2 seater sofa and 2 full length curtains 7 feet high.

Denon Axr2300w with Quad vena and Dali Zensor5

Speakers are placed 4 feet appart as the room is L shaped

Thanks Naturelover
My room size is 15 x 20 approx
Only cushoning is a 3+ 2 seater sofa and 2 full length curtains 7 feet high.

Denon Axr2300w with Quad vena and Dali Zensor5

Speakers are placed 4 feet appart as the room is L shaped

Hi

Since you are based in Mumbai.....suggest you visit Total Home Theatres and meet (Darius) ...audition the Monitor Audio (Bronze / Silver) and also Tannoys XT Revolution series...hear the same music which you are familiar with and then decide if you still need to change speakers or just add a sub at home and place the exisiting Z5s in the area differently

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back