Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,
I am also same path to upgrade windows 10,but before that I need to take back up of my Windows 8.1 OS,I created bootable flash driver,but I need to use this pen driver for some other purpose,so need help how to take backup of OS into iso or some other format into HDD.Then I can freely upgrade to windows 10,if I dont like I can come to back to my old 8.1 form backup.

- I had to authorize iTunes again making this a new computer, but my library was intact.
This matches what I had noted up thread.

Has the windows upgrade made you lose one of your itune computers (because the win8.1 installation based authorization is now gone and - AFAIK - never be deauthorized)

ciao
gr

Hi,
I am also same path to upgrade windows 10,but before that I need to take back up of my Windows 8.1 OS,I created bootable flash driver,but I need to use this pen driver for some other purpose,so need help how to take backup of OS into iso or some other format into HDD.Then I can freely upgrade to windows 10,if I dont like I can come to back to my old 8.1 form backup.

can any one help to take backup the windows 8.1 OS ?

Hi,

Hi, no need for backup actually. Windows 10 update will let you roll back to previous version for a month. It takes the backup. Just dont delete the windows.old folder.

I had some issues connecting to WiFi but that's now resolved, and I'm not even sure if it was related to the upgrade.

The WiFi problem is happening with every bootup. I have to go through troubleshooting network problem, and the computer goes about self diagnosis and repair, etc. After that it gets connected. If I manually try to connect to WiFi, it doesn't work. It keeps trying till it fails.

Any idea what can be done to resolve this?

The WiFi problem is happening with every bootup. I have to go through troubleshooting network problem, and the computer goes about self diagnosis and repair, etc. After that it gets connected. If I manually try to connect to WiFi, it doesn't work. It keeps trying till it fails.

Any idea what can be done to resolve this?

One thing you can try is to un-install and install the latest drivers for wifi again. Hope this resolves the problem.

The big question - Will Microsoft charge monthly / yearly subscription fee for Windows 10 in future...? and hence the free upgrade for all.....

Hi All,
I upgraded my HP pavilion from win 8.1 to 10, 2 weeks back. The issues that I faced are as follows:
1. Display drivers got corrupted. Had to spend a good amount of time finding the correct AMD Radeon drivers and installing it. The driver installation itself failed 3 times. Till then my laptop screen was locked at 100% brightness.
2. Bluetooth driver had to be reinstalled
3. File association in registry of media files is lost. So double clicking on the file gives registry error. Have to do right click on the file, open the context menu and select "open with" then they run without any issues.

Since I do not use that laptop for any AV purposes, cannot say about that impact. Still those planning to upgrade should be ready for some more work post upgrade.

Planning to check on performance & wifi direct over the weekend. Will post accordingly.

pushkarDighe

The big question - Will Microsoft charge monthly / yearly subscription fee for Windows 10 in future...? and hence the free upgrade for all.....

Looks like they are going to follow Android and iOS kind of regular free updates and generating the revenues using apps. If they start charging then I think they will soon become bankrupt with the revenue being only the license cost. But the actual revenue comes later thru the apps that iOS is doing for many years and pretty much good at that.

Did Windows 7 SP1 upgrade to Windows 10, took approximately 2.5 hours.

All pre-existing applications (Acrobat DC, Skype, Opera browser, Belarc, CCleaner) worked without any problem. WIFI - no issues

Office 2010 Professional worked without any issues

Boot up time slightly faster than Windows 7

Issues:

Start left click button did not work
Edge browser did not work

Had to use internet's cheat sheet code in the command line to make both of them work. Have not used Edge after making it work though, so not sure if there are any specific websites/pages it has a problem in rendering.

Did Windows 7 SP1 upgrade to Windows 10, took approximately 2.5 hours.

All pre-existing applications (Acrobat DC, Skype, Opera browser, Belarc, CCleaner) worked without any problem. WIFI - no issues

Office 2010 Professional worked without any issues

Boot up time slightly faster than Windows 7

Issues:

Start left click button did not work
Edge browser did not work

Had to use internet's cheat sheet code in the command line to make both of them work. Have not used Edge after making it work though, so not sure if there are any specific websites/pages it has a problem in rendering.

I also upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10. but booting taking time than 8.1 . some time it is getting struck up also. some time application are not opening ,need to clock again

Windows 10 is leaps and bounds better than windows 8 with its nonsense app drawer .... just do it, you will be glad u did.

Hi,
Is it only he app drawer that made you think so or are there other major factors?
I have received my upgrade notification but still wondering whether to go ahead.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back