Upgraded to Polk CSi A4 Centre

reju

I had started with Onkyo HTiB 5105 and then upgraded the FS with RTi A4 bookshelves within a month, as I couldn't tolerate the poor music performance...

Now 6 months later, I have finally upgrade my centre speaker as well.

Needless to say the sound improvement is phenomenal. Especially 5.1 DVD-A is now such a treat to hear, as the FS & C are the main outputs. Movies sound so "theater like" now, deep clear voices were never heard before!

Slowly I need to upgrade the surround speakers, maybe with FXi A4, and then maybe Sub with DSW Pro 500? It make take another year or more, I guess! :D

I had started with Onkyo HTiB 5105 and then upgraded the FS with RTi A4 bookshelves within a month, as I couldn't tolerate the poor music performance...

Needless to say the sound improvement is phenomenal. Especially 5.1 DVD-A is now such a treat to hear, as the FS & C are the main outputs. Movies sound so "theater like" now, deep clear voices were never heard before!

Slowly I need to upgrade the surround speakers, maybe with FXi A4, and then maybe Sub with DSW Pro 500? It make take another year or more, I guess! :D

great bro

i have full polk tsi range :cool: and i love these speakers :licklips:

Congrats on the Polks. The RTi A4s are very nice HT bookshelves and should serve you well once you pair with a sub. Until then you are sitll missing a fair bit on the low end.

I had started with Onkyo HTiB 5105 and then upgraded the FS with bookshelves within a month, as I couldn't tolerate the poor music performance...

Congrats on the Polks. The RTi A4s are very nice HT bookshelves and should serve you well once you pair with a sub. Until then you are sitll missing a fair bit on the low end.

Thanks mars, actually I do have the original Onkyo HT Sub, but of course, better subs are required. But my next priority will be surrounds as I have many DVD-As with quad recordings and 5.1 should sound even better.

Don't have the budget to buy them all together.:sad:

:D

Congrats, Your Htbi amp is powerful & can work well with polk.

In my case,amp is weak ( ONK330 ),still I got improvement with Tany F1.

Congrats:clapping::yahoo: So, Polks all the way for u. U were waiting for a while ur upgrade, u must be happy to get it finally. More Important thing is u r getting setup to ur liking. Cheers:cheers:

most of us are in the same situation. YOu are doing the right way in adding pieces to your setup after a not so expensive lesson.

Not so expensive lesson indeed!

BTW the phased out Onkyo speakers are slowing replacing the Creative speakers for my PC Desktop Theatre 5.1 DTT 2500. The Onkyo RS have become the FS and now the centre and joined in! Sound here is very good now...So future Sub/Surr upgrades for HT will also enhance my PC sound output! ;)

Not so expensive lesson indeed!

BTW the phased out Onkyo speakers are slowing replacing the Creative speakers for my PC Desktop Theatre 5.1 DTT 2500. The Onkyo RS have become the FS and now the centre and joined in! Sound here is very good now...So future Sub/Surr upgrades for HT will also enhance my PC sound output! ;)

:yahoo: Dono Haath Mein LAddu :yahoo::D:D:D

Congrats, Your Htbi amp is powerful & can work well with polk.

In my case,amp is weak ( ONK330 ),still I got improvement with Tany F1.

Thanks dear. I think quite a few of us have upgraded the HTiB FS.
So even you should consider upgrading the centre speaker, as it does make a lot of difference!

Congrats...I am also on the same path for upgrading my HTiB satellites...probably with Wharfe 9.2 or Tannoy Mercury F1 custom.
Later will add the center speaker (cannot do it along with the fronts. Difficult to explain to wife why the center should also be upgraded).

Congrats:clapping::yahoo: So, Polks all the way for u. U were waiting for a while ur upgrade, u must be happy to get it finally. More Important thing is u r getting setup to ur liking. Cheers:cheers:

Thanks Yogeshbhai. I feel the Polks have very good build quality & finish and SQ to match, so why not;)

I am not sure how long I will have to wait for the next upgrade. Maybe 6-12 months. But I can wait, growing older, I have gathered more patience now:eek:hyeah: When I was younger, impatience was the order, and I would have been absolutely restless till I could get them:D

Thanks dear. I think quite a few of us have upgraded the HTiB FS.
So even you should consider upgrading the centre speaker, as it does make a lot of difference!

I have already upgraded to centre as well,but the amp says 100w continuous & power supply rating is 360w.So in strereo mode I get good SQ,in movies with surr effect,I feel I am not getting enough power with certain scenes (360 / 6ch= 60wonly as passive sub)

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/1167-showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here-14.html

Congrats...I am also on the same path for upgrading my HTiB satellites...probably with Wharfe 9.2 or Tannoy Mercury F1 custom.
Later will add the center speaker (cannot do it along with the fronts. Difficult to explain to wife why the center should also be upgraded).

Thanks AKC. Good luck for your FS. Slow and steady wins the race;)

I have been slower than the slowest....always something or the other comes up whenever I think of buying any AV stuff...

Man, Thats life.:sad: But as they say " SABAR KA FAL MEETHA HOTA HAI".:licklips:

Keep The Faith.

Hum honge Kamyam, Hum honge Kamyam, Hum honge Kamyam...... Ek Din,
Honge Upgrades Charon Aur, Honge Upgrades Charon Aur, Honge Upgrades Charon Aur.....Ek Din,:D:D:D:D:D

I have already upgraded to centre as well,but the amp says 100w continuous & power supply rating is 360w.So in strereo mode I get good SQ,in movies with surr effect,I feel I am not getting enough power with certain scenes (360 / 6ch= 60wonly as passive sub)

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/1167-showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here-14.html

I guess, like me, even you have upgraded the centre later. How did you manage to fit in those bookshelves? Did you make the cabinet later?

You maybe getting some distortion on high volume @ low frequencies, as you have placed the bookshelves in an enclosure?

What about the RS?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back