upgrading my dali's

vijay_ditango

guys,
I am planning to upgrade my current system. Even though i love my dali ikon 6 (5 speakers with velodyne sub) along with onkyo sr 705. I want to take my listening to the next level. I want to upgrade my system (budget is around 2 lakhs). I have heard good reviews about emerald physics cs2, but i was not impressed when i heard it in arn systems. I basically believe it is due to faulty setup. Has anyone heard this system before and will it be a worthy spend?. Are there other systems that i can look at? like tannoy, wilson audio, usher,.. ?

regards
vijay

Are you from b'lore?
And please add some more details as to what is the next level according to you? Is it more bass?
For some people next level is single driver with tube amp. Lot of members on the forum swear by them.

Your statement is contradictory - on one hand you say you love your Dali's and on other you want to upgrade. Upgrading for upgrading sake is not a good idea at all even if you drop in many lacs.

Hang on to Dali's for now.
guys,
I am planning to upgrade my current system. Even though i love my dali ikon 6 (5 speakers with velodyne sub) along with onkyo sr 705. I want to take my listening to the next level. I want to upgrade my system (budget is around 2 lakhs). I have heard good reviews about emerald physics cs2, but i was not impressed when i heard it in arn systems. I basically believe it is due to faulty setup. Has anyone heard this system before and will it be a worthy spend?. Are there other systems that i can look at? like tannoy, wilson audio, usher,.. ?

regards
vijay

guys,

regards
vijay

Hi:

I'm listening to Dali Ikon 6 and Naim Nait 5 amp + cd player combo daily at my brothers place here in UK for the past 2 weeks, am here for a month long visit actually. I just could not believe the power of this 50-watt Naim amp, its just mindblowing sound and sonic character. The Naim drives Ikon 6 with that much ease and its damn musical. Oh, the power this Naim has for reserve is just awesome. The Ikon 6 maintains its composure even at 11 o'clock and above, good speakers.

So, i guess you have good speakers, and i think why not invest your 'super budget' for a good amp to get the best out of your speakers.

:)

guys,

regards
vijay

I don't know what your source is, but your amp is definitely is one of the weaker links. Look into getting a much higher quality amp. Also, look into decent copper cabling.

I don't know what your source is, but your amp is definitely is one of the weaker links. Look into getting a much higher quality amp. Also, look into decent copper cabling.

I totally second this.
The speaker is decent if u give it half a decent amp!!!
Place them well and audition them with some good amplifiers.
U would have taken the sound up a notch for sure and would still have some money left to dabble into some good cabling if u are so inclined.
Rgds

I totally second this.
The speaker is decent if u give it half a decent amp!!!
Place them well and audition them with some good amplifiers.
U would have taken the sound up a notch for sure and would still have some money left to dabble into some good cabling if u are so inclined.
Rgds

I really like that Accuphase amp you got. Definitely a winner.

I used to have the B&W 800D, but I had them with Classe Omega Omicron Monoblocks. Fantastic speakers and did everything a good hifi setup should do. But, lacked that "soul" that my current setup has. Weird how that works out since my current speaker and amps are a fraction of what the Classe/B&W setup was. :eek:

B&W 800D
sp_800D.jpg

Classe Omega Omicron
200902_classe_omicron.jpg

http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/1104classe/

Last edited:
Thanks Shaizada.
Neo no upgrading now. Time to sit back and relax!!!
Next time the markets tank and i have all the time in the world again i will look for better speakers.
Rgds

guys,

regards
vijay

Hi vijay,

i will be in bangalore soon to listen to the emerald physics loudspeaker.

would be helpful if you detailed what you did not like about these speakers.

regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back