upgrading my exisiting 5.1 system

Tracer29

hi all,

Want to upgrade my system which is as below in my signature with floor standing speakers and retain the existing Klipsch center speaker,room size is 12x10.
1)Any problems in pairing different speakers
2)My budget is 20-25 k and can stretch more but since my room size is small would not want to spend too much on the same.
3)Plan to do this upgrade along with a projector optoma hd20 with a 90" screen in the next 4 months.

Did the research on room size and projector feasibility,since i am going for hd projector shorter distances should not matter as per the experts views and opinion.

Suggestions/ideas are welcome.

No suggestions yet?I am thinking of Klipsch RF-10's.Any idea on the price and the availability in hyderabad?

Firstly, I assume you want 5.1 setup with floorstanders as L/R fronts. If this be the option you may have to increase your budget since you need to do justice to your equipment OPPO and the future HD :licklips:.

Although it is advised to go in for a setup from same built as the setup compliments each other. IMO you wont get a 5.1 setup w/o centre. It would be an integral part unless you custom make your 5.1 setup by buying floorstanders, surrounds and sub separately. In which case the cost would go up. :sad:

As for equipment you may try ONKYO SKS HT728. Dont know about the price. But there is enough on it in this forum if u search.

By the way why you want an upgrade??

Last edited:
@Taurean: Thanks for the reply.My set up is already a 5.1 as mentioned in my signature.I want to upgrade the existing LR bookshelves with Floor standing compatible with my existing Klipsch center speaker.I dont' mind if for a good set of FS if i have to upgrade the center as well.Since my room size is small hence i am being conservative there.
Hope i am able to explain my plan clearly.

why do u want floor standers? What do you think is missing and what is the expectations from fs? There may be something you may have to give up - since your room is not too large 12x10.
Are you not satisfied with the bass in movies?
Or you want fs for better music experience?

@anm : I wanted the FS for better music experience and if i am increasing the screen size can make the low and mid ranges sound better.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back