Upgrading to 5.1 or 5.1.2

pankajsr

Hello Folks,
I have a Marantz PM7000N + Wharfedale Evo 4.2 in a stereo setup.
Music is fine on it, but watching movies is very disappointing (to put it mildly).
I'm thinking of upgrading to atleast a 5.1 setup, but would rather prefer with Atmos, if within the budget. Could folks here suggest what are the possible routes i can take ? Kindky suggest some alternatives.
I have also considered Samsung Q990C - which I'm getting at 83K from Croma (if taken on emi). What is your opinion on this (as its the most convenient) ? I can possibly stretch myself to a budget of 1L.
Also, if I try to sell my Marantz to get an AVR, how much do you think would a fair price be ?
Thank you.

Hello Folks,
I have a Marantz PM7000N + Wharfedale Evo 4.2 in a stereo setup.
Music is fine on it, but watching movies is very disappointing (to put it mildly).
I'm thinking of upgrading to atleast a 5.1 setup, but would rather prefer with Atmos, if within the budget. Could folks here suggest what are the possible routes i can take ? Kindky suggest some alternatives.
I have also considered Samsung Q990C - which I'm getting at 83K from Croma (if taken on emi). What is your opinion on this (as its the most convenient) ? I can possibly stretch myself to a budget of 1L.
Also, if I try to sell my Marantz to get an AVR, how much do you think would a fair price be ?
Thank you.

Sale of the PM7000N will depend on condition age etc.

Depending on the size of your listening area you need to get the appropriate AVR. If you want Atmos then minimum would be a 7.1 AVR.

If you like the Marantz sound then you should look at the NR series or SR series which would costs more.

Accordingly you can decide which speakers would suit your listening taste, audition before with the many dealers around and try to get a good deal from one of them. Before closing any deal, ensure warranty aspects are covered including servicing. Many have faced challenges when purchasing online as the price seems too good to be true!

Things are become quite expensive and you can also consider the pre owned route where you can get really good stuff for reasonable prices (OLX or classifieds).

All the best!

Sale of the PM7000N will depend on condition age etc.

Depending on the size of your listening area you need to get the appropriate AVR. If you want Atmos then minimum would be a 7.1 AVR.

All the best!
Thank you for your reply. My Marantz is now almost 2 years old.
Do you have any suggestion on speakers, which would pair well with my existing Evos, preferably within 1L budget ?

Thank you for your reply. My Marantz is now almost 2 years old.
Do you have any suggestion on speakers, which would pair well with my existing Evos, preferably within 1L budget ?

Speakers you can consider ELAC Cinema 12

OR

Focal Sib Evo

AVR would need to be on a separate budget.

You can also consider Polk speakers or JBL A Stage series.

Depending on the listening area size and placement, decide on the brand / type of speakers. Audition if possible or read reviews. Your location would have many dealers so visit and demo with same audio / video content. See who offers the best price and warranty and then take the plunge.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back