upgraditis. Amp/ Speakers. What to make of my options

The Eitr finally arrived.

Blind buy number 5 from Schiit and glad to report that it has come good, once again. 5 on 5 !

Completely mindblown. My previous setup was nice, till last evening, switching to Eitr (Pyst to connect to the PC) to feed the Bifrost coaxial with a BJC makes the old arrangement seem rather addlepated and mucked up.

The sound stage and depth have improved. The biggest change I pick up right now - I've switched Dirac to passthrough because I will have to set it up again - is to vocals, cymbals, saxes and the tiny detail stuff are much much nicer.

The son had noted a "clicketyness/ raspiness" with my setup earlier (which got me thinking of Sonore microrendu or something). Gone now

Listening to Karen Carpenter now
]"I have found my home here in your arms
Nowhere else on earth I'd really rather be"

It is bloody close to the childhood memory of the Vinyl version I have. The one I was chasing

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Please try Bluejeanscables.com they have the best interconnects and Ten white Speaker wires. I could very easily make out the difference with interconnects.

@drkrack that was really good advice. I owe you a beer (or three) (or beverage of your choice)

I did not think cables would make a clearly audible difference, or that I would hear them. I was wrong.

ciao
gr

@drkrack that was really good advice. I owe you a beer (or three) (or beverage of your choice)

I did not think cables would make a clearly audible difference, or that I would hear them. I was wrong.

ciao
gr
Glad that You could appreciate the difference, they are very transparent in my opinion. much expected from any Cable, I dont want them to alter the treble, bass etc but a faithful reproduction at the least.
Get the speaker Cables as well, they are pretty good and one time investment !
hopefully we will plan a meetup soon
enjoy

Get the speaker Cables as well, they are pretty good and one time investment !
hopefully we will plan a meetup soon
enjoy

Bjc 10 white already in place and singing :)

Yes we should. My schedule is horrendously scrambled and confused, but will be great to see if we could meet up Sunday. Will wa or pm.

Ciao
GR

Hi,

About 4 years since I started trying to put together something to listen on. Only the UPS connected to the PC remains the same !

Time to stop ! I need help.

I think I will, returned to base after a short trip, and found that I could go to UPS Begumpet and collect the last bits I want to spend on for a while. So it is a more or less entirely BJC loom (except for the PYST USB).

So what did this get me, not sure but I think (and the son said the same) I get a few more inches in sound stage width. I think there is bit more sparkle (in a good way). But this is based on about 45 minutes of listening (with the morning bustle happening). Dirac is disabled (no time to setup :( ) and there is no boominess. I cannot quite understand this (but hey I am not complaining, ofc that alone can cause that "widening" ).

About 4 weeks before I get to listen. More work related travel, intervenes :/

ciao
gr

The sound goal I hear in my head was set by a Grundig LP playing system my neighbors had. Very long ago. The sounds of cymbals going TSssssssss, the kick from the drum pedal going straight to pit of stomach, and Karen Carpenter singing Superstar is seared into my brain from when I was 12 or 13.
pic Holy &^%. I've had Dirac v2 alpha from yesterday. A bit of a faff setting up (which would have gone faster if I RTFM. SQ goal attained. OTM and spent Sunday listening and listening ...

ciao
gr

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back