Ups suggestions

Love4sound

I have a gaming PC. Suggest a good ups that will give 30 mins back up. Monitor alone consumes a lot. I have an acer predator 144hz nvidia gsync 3D monitor, i5 processor and Zotac 10603gb graphics card.

Ok will check it out. I knew these models but want owners feedback so posted here
I’ve used the 600va model with a i5 desktop with inbuilt graphics card and a 22” monitor. Used to get around 25 mins. With this model and your load, 20 mins should be possible

I’ve used the 600va model with a i5 desktop with inbuilt graphics card and a 22” monitor. Used to get around 25 mins. With this model and your load, 20 mins should be possible
Ok. I use an intex ups 1000va model gave me 30-40 mins back up before i upgraded my monitor. And now as soon as power goes the pc shuts down. Battery is totally drained and not charging. The ups gave only 1-2 mins back up after i upgraded my monitor.

Ok. I use an intex ups 1000va model gave me 30-40 mins back up before i upgraded my monitor. And now as soon as power goes the pc shuts down. Battery is totally drained and not charging. The ups gave only 1-2 mins back up after i upgraded my monitor.
What’s the power rating of this new monitor? 28W?

CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System
This is definitely one of the best models that you can find on the market. It does come with some good features worth your money. It is more reason you might want to get it today. This model boasts of having an advanced set of 12 NEMA outlets. Six of these outlets come with the battery backup protection. The others are only surge protected. As a result, you can use the model knowing that you have enough protection.

This model also has the capability of outputting a simulated sine wave. It does rely on the pulse wave modulation for creating an approximated sine wave. This helps deliver and impressive performance for the different devices that do not need a sine wave output. You will also like the fact that it comes with such protection. This is important to make sure that your device does not take up excess voltage. This is important, especially for the sensitive equipment.

APC BR1500G and BE600M1 Battery Backup Bundle
It is safe to say that you can hope for a good performance model. This model is one of the top range models to come from APC. It does deliver on an impressive 1500VA/865W battery backup. This is great as when the power goes out, you now have something to replay on. As a result, you can even get gamers relying on it for gaming even when the power goes out.

In the event you get to end up with a power blackout, then you get to see that it is possible to keep using the model for longer. The users can save filets and do a couple of things with just the battery power. It is not just useful for the desktop computers, but also other electronics such as the routers to maintain connectivity.

Tripp Lite 1500VA 900W UPS Battery Back Up AVR

The model is good in terms of keeping the devices working correctly. This is thanks to having the automatic voltage regulation. It makes sure that you get the right power supplied to the devices at all times. You should find many people feeling comfortable when it comes to owning this model right now.
Thanks for the Suggestion paul but i already purchased the APC BX1100C

hey, if i want to buy a UPS for my desktop PC what are the things to consider when buying a ups?
The CPU, Ram, Graphics card, HDD and SSD take up 280Watts , the monitor 35 Watts, for this setup i picked a Corsair CX750 Watts SMPS :D (if i ever meet DeroxGamer(the youtuber who recommended this PSU for my gaming komputer) irl then m gonna preach some sense into that guy)

Will a 330W UPS be enough even with 750W SMPS? APC BX600C-IN 600VA/360W UPS

hey, if i want to buy a UPS for my desktop PC what are the things to consider when buying a ups?
The CPU, Ram, Graphics card, HDD and SSD take up 280Watts , the monitor 35 Watts, for this setup i picked a Corsair CX750 Watts SMPS :D (if i ever meet DeroxGamer(the youtuber who recommended this PSU for my gaming komputer) irl then m gonna preach some sense into that guy)

Will a 330W UPS be enough even with 750W SMPS? APC BX600C-IN 600VA/360W UPS

The CX750 is bronze rated, but usually, the efficiency is higher at high to full loads. With 50% loads like in your case its usually around the 70 to 80% mark. You'll be pulling more or less around 400W from the wall at full load and that UPS will fall short.

But if you're not always running at full blast when the power goes out you should be fine. That said, I would suggest getting a higher-powered UPS and upgrade that PSU to a 450W gold unit while you're at it.. the CX line isn't that great.

The CX750 is bronze rated, but usually, the efficiency is higher at high to full loads. With 50% loads like in your case its usually around the 70 to 80% mark. You'll be pulling more or less around 400W from the wall at full load and that UPS will fall short.
That 280Watts i calculated was using 2 different PSU calculator https://outervision.com/b/ibnE3d .
Isn't this 280+35 the max watts that my PC will need? i just want 5mins to properly shutdown my pc

Last edited:
That 280Watts i calculated was using 2 different PSU calculator https://outervision.com/b/ibnE3d .
Isn't this 280+35 the max watts that my PC will need?

The 315W (280 + 35) is the max wattage (it could be +/- 5%) under full load, but the amount of power your PC draws from the wall is dependent on your PSU. A PSU with 100% efficiency (which is impossible) would draw 315W from the wall.

Since yours is about rated 80 Plus Bronze, it's about 85% efficient. It's actually around ~80% in real life. I would only trust the higher end PSU's to perform as per their rated spec. For example, I use the RM1000x which is 80 Plus Gold rated but often performs at over 92% in benchmarks, which is way above it's marketed spec.

You can read more about these certifications here - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/what-80-plus-levels-mean,36721.html

Hence in your case, the PSU will actually draw 315W/0.8 = ~393 watts from the Wall.

The 315W (280 + 35) is the max wattage (it could be +/- 5%) under full load, but the amount of power your PC draws from the wall is dependent on your PSU. A PSU with 100% efficiency (which is impossible) would draw 315W from the wall.

Since yours is about rated 80 Plus Bronze, it's about 85% efficient. It's actually around ~80% in real life. I would only trust the higher end PSU's to perform as per their rated spec. For example, I use the RM1000x which is 80 Plus Gold rated but often performs at over 92% in benchmarks, which is way above it's marketed spec.

You can read more about these certifications here - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/what-80-plus-levels-mean,36721.html

Hence in your case, the PSU will actually draw 315W/0.8 = ~393 watts from the Wall.

Oh cool! thanks for enlightening me with this info. I guess i'll have to do a 5k for UPS + 5k for SMPS so that my bachha will stay healthy.

BTW how does it feel to own a 1080TI when a RTX 2080 Super is available for a cheaper rate

Oh cool! thanks for enlightening me with this info. I guess i'll have to do a 5k for UPS + 5k for SMPS so that my bachha will stay healthy.

BTW how does it feel to own a 1080TI when a RTX 2080 Super is available for a cheaper rate

Haha, Considering I bought mine for about 40k over 2 years ago pretty good I would say :p. The regular 2080 was almost the same and even worse in some cases compared to the 1080ti. I would probably upgrade to the next-gen ones' or when AMD decides to give the enthusiasts something.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back