**urgent** alternatives for itouch (ipod touch) 8gb...

For your GF? Dude, don't even think about Cowon, iRiver or anything of that sort. And Sansa? do you want yourself get killed? Just get a iPod Nano, nothing else will do. And I even doubt that she would like the iPod Touch ;) but check that too also to be on safer side.

@ iron horse-dude gift depends on the age factor too!.....are you guys teeny weeny!?...any way try makin her fall/blow her away with how much you love/express your love!....dude stop wastin money on gifts n just go ahead express ur feeling....woo her with a poem or something...girls love guys bein creative instead of jus doin the routine ways n BE PRACTICAL TOO as all women are too n thats wat dey xpect frm their or would be partner! aswell..........sorry for the stupid advise.....i better get some sleep!.......

Last edited:
GOIN TOMM TO MARKET... gonna chk out the ipod touch and lets see if i can get hands off a s9..

how bout the philips series of go gear ?

Mate, if sound quality if of prime importance then nothin can beat Cowon J3, for wifi & other snazzy features more important then SQ ipod touch would be the best buy.

If its for GF then I would suggest 'new ipod nano'.. sound quality is irrelevant.. girls mostly like tiny gadgets with cool look and feel.. ipod nano is decent with SQ.. it has touch interface as well.. get the pink colored one.. will cost somewhere around 8-9K.. :)

ipod touch is not good for music..
if music is highest priority then look for something else (cowon, sansa etc)..

Otherwise it is excellent portable device for video/internet-surfing/games/utility-apps etc..and OK for music as well..
new ipod touch comes with high resolution screen.. front camera and inbuilt mic for video calls on skype.. HD Video recording.. blue-tooth, FM radio etc..

Having owned (Sansa, iRiver, Cowon, iPod 20GB, Ipod Video 80GB, iPod Classic 160GB and iTouch 8GB) I can comfortably vote for iPod bcoz of the OVERALL convenience. Yes, Cowon is good on sound but has lethargic UI. Also, my iPod 20GB battery lasted over 3 years whereas the Cowon's died within a year. Cowon has fancy Equalizers and other sound boosters but to me, it sort of adulterates the sound. Nevertheless, I personally feel Sansa is NOWHERE near iPod's capabilities.

As already pointed out by other experienced members, since getting the iTouch, I have not used my laptop either to read my emails or surf the web. The wifi capabilities of the iTouch let me do this with ease.

Ofcourse, these are my own personal impressions.

Last edited:
thx rally.. i was expecting your input and also wud need more info regarding headphones for the same.. the oem ones wud do or shud i go with some thing else.. as i want to gift some real serious audio stuff to get the person blown away.. as the one who gonna get it is a not an audiophile..

Except for iPod's OEM earplugs, I'd ditch the rest. Cowon's earplugs sound "bright" - can cause fatigue over prolonged use. Try Klipsch dImage S4 or Grado iGi and you will not regret it.

ipod touch is not good for music..
if music is highest priority then look for something else (cowon, sansa etc)..

Actually the Ipod touch is perfectly okay for music but the earphones that come with it are awful. Just replace the earphones and you are good to go. I have been using an Ipod touch for 3 years and have no complaints with it.

Also, like Alok mentioned, it has a lot of other capabilities like wifi etc and there is the extra benefit of the Apple app store which will allow her to listen to internet radio etc. And you can show her how to use it as a remote control for her Ipad (surely you will gift her an Ipad soon?) :)

Very cool device to gift your girlfriend. Do not think like a guy when gifting a girl. I strongly recommend the Ipod touch. The coolness factor will get you many brownie points.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back