**urgent** alternatives for itouch (ipod touch) 8gb...

theironhorse

Hi,

i am planning to buy i pod touch 8gb (8k)

looking for alternatives close to similar price range..
wudn't mind if the price has to be extended a bit more of it can beat the
ipod.

guys please input as i got cpl of days more to give it as a gift..

If you are looking at it as just a MP3 player then there can be many alternatives but Ipod touch can be used to browse web and do almost everything the iphone does minus the calling. And I don't know of any other product which does the same.

ipod touch is not good for music..
if music is highest priority then look for something else (cowon, sansa etc)..

Otherwise it is excellent portable device for video/internet-surfing/games/utility-apps etc..and OK for music as well..
new ipod touch comes with high resolution screen.. front camera and inbuilt mic for video calls on skype.. HD Video recording.. blue-tooth, FM radio etc..

budget max can be 10k ...

also its gonna be pure music usage however sometimes videos.. browsing/gps/maps/ etc etc no use..

thenvk .. m sure gonna drop at ur place soon for the cowon..

cowon/sansa come to mind.the cowon players do stand out for their audio quality,coming from an ipod i can attest to that.get the cowon S9 ;),fits ur budget,good sonics,supports multiple formats,and a lovely looking player to boot.

for someone who is an apple user(mac/itunes/etc) the ipod touch is a fantastic,no brainer piece of kit,and that UI is :licklips:.cheers

thx rally.. i was expecting your input and also wud need more info regarding headphones for the same.. the oem ones wud do or shud i go with some thing else.. as i want to gift some real serious audio stuff to get the person blown away.. as the one who gonna get it is a not an audiophile..

If the one who is going to get is keen about brand name.. Go for Ipod
If the one who is going to get is keen about good audio, get the COWON/Sandisk

Also It would be more informative, what kind of music he/she listens to...

thx rally.. i was expecting your input and also wud need more info regarding headphones for the same.. the oem ones wud do or shud i go with some thing else.. as i want to gift some real serious audio stuff to get the person blown away.. as the one who gonna get it is a not an audiophile..

can tell u it was a little difficult initially to get 'with' the cowon way of doing things(the UI,EQ,etc).seem to be getting to grips with it now,and no qn,..the sound qlty with their eq's is something ;).its the first player i have seen/used where equalisation actually does something positive.hell,u should experiment with even their reverb settings to see what i mean :lol:.

i am a non believer in equalisation and have immensely enjoyed the flat,neutral,balanced tonality of my travel setup comprising of the ipod nano 8gb(3g)+the fiio E1+the senn CX400's till recently,so u can imagine the hair wrenching moments when i was suddenly presented with a player that relies on its eq settings to sound good.get used to that aspect and the cowon will blow u away.as for stock buds,they're decent,but why not complete that package with a good iem bundled??even something like the cowon D2 plus a good iem should be an enviable portable setup.ur budget is ample.

havent heard the sansa/iriver/creative/zune to comment.

now,I would really appreciate a gift THIS well thought out :p!!!cheers

Last edited:
THX RALLY.. SEEMS COWON IS THE WAY.. however lemme open it up now.. planning to buy it for my gf (wud be) lolz.. she listens to most of hindi slow tracks(romantic type.. ) as all girls do .. however i will be using it sometimes as well.. however m curious bout iaudio n cowon now.. lets see.. lemme get the cowon first and then some serious headphone..

thx for your input guys.. i would also appreciate if u guys can help me with the prices for the suggested items.

sandisk?!....my bet wud always be on the ipod classic!....had a creative zen 16gb for a year n i believed its the best an mp3 player can be until n unless i heard the ipod!!!!!!!!!!...though if you a bass head n like to customise things creative zen is the best!....lost my creative zen a week back :( (must be the sneaky maids or my car driver.grrrrr!)...never tried cowon shud try m probably.....iriver wasnt that much of my pref sound.ownd em 7yrs back!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Theironhorse,

If it's a girl then I'd say the ipod touch hands down. Girls are more into usability and feel in the hand, slimness to slip into purse or jeans pocket, than pure sound quality. Forget about getting her blown away with sound quality PRONTO, think more about what will make her say man this player fits into my life, my hand, my purse like it's always been there and I find it so easy to find a song I'm looking for, make a playlist, transfer songs to it Judging by rallynut's comments on how difficult it is to get with the cowon's interface, you're a gonner buddy if that's what you get ;)

Good sound's for you. Easy usage is for the girl.

Besides an ipod touch is cool, with it, it'll make her feel sexier in front of her girlfriends. a cowon? huh what's that? (from the girl's point of view)

regards

Last edited:
didnt read the line abt giftin to gf.....go for ipod nano in PINK colour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u wud love seein them cheek turnin the same colour once u gift the pod!...probably wud hear this too "oh geee baby!thanx a lottttttt...its so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!muah,muah,muah!!!!!)

Last edited:
actually i was just gonna mention the woman's point of view thing,but stevie beat me to it.women that way are more practical,its the package more than anything that wins their heart.an ipod will do that.

as for
..a cowon? huh what's that? (from the girl's point of view)

..get her the E2,with colour matched iems,and u will have something coming ur way ;)!!saves u a lot of money too!!!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back