Urgent : JBL GTO 608C vs GT5 S 265C

rajat071

Hi Experts,

I am new to this forum, and hope I may get the answers of my queries here.

Actually I have just got JBL GT5 S 265C component fitted in my new i10, with Pioneer 4150SD HU. Though it sound good but I cant take a relative measure as I haven't heard others. I was initially planning for GTO 608C, but as the dealer emphasized that this component goes well with this HU.

But now I could see, in some forums GTO 608C was suggested for front component, over GT5 S265C, saying GTO is a higher series than GT5, and 608C sounds better than S265C.

As the guy there suggested GT5 would go better with this setup than GTO, because GT5 is new and has 4 ohm impedance whereas GTO has 2 ohm(which requires a amp, to get well with head unit). Though I wasn't fully convinced with the reason, but went ahead with GT5.

He also said the S265C are of 6 1/2" whereas 608C are 6 1/4", so this will impact the bass. But as I could see 608C is of 70 RMS and 265C is of 60 RMS, I think this RMS factor should decide on BASS, isn't it?

Can you guys please let me know which one should be a better choice, and WHY ?

Please reply on it ASAP, as the dealer told me if I want I can get them replaced with GTO 608C within 2 days. After than that I wont have this option ON. So please help.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi Experts,

I am new to this forum, and hope I may get the answers of my queries here.

Actually I have just got JBL GT5 S 265C component fitted in my new i10, with Pioneer 4150SD HU. Though it sound good but I cant take a relative measure as I haven't heard others. I was initially planning for GTO 608C, but as the dealer emphasized that this component goes well with this HU.

But now I could see, in some forums GTO 608C was suggested for front component, over GT5 S265C, saying GTO is a higher series than GT5, and 608C sounds better than S265C.

As the guy there suggested GT5 would go better with this setup than GTO, because GT5 is new and has 4 ohm impedance whereas GTO has 2 ohm(which requires a amp, to get well with head unit). Though I wasn't fully convinced with the reason, but went ahead with GT5.

He also said the S265C are of 6 1/2" whereas 608C are 6 1/4", so this will impact the bass. But as I could see 608C is of 70 RMS and 265C is of 60 RMS, I think this RMS factor should decide on BASS, isn't it?

Can you guys please let me know which one should be a better choice, and WHY ?

Please reply on it ASAP, as the dealer told me if I want I can get them replaced with GTO 608C within 2 days. After than that I wont have this option ON. So please help.

Thanks in advance.

well if its 2 ohm it would put a heavier load on the amp and HU's are not recommended to run 2 ohm loads an external amp is required, so check the specs if it is 2ohm then i think your ok.

Simple if you have an external amp go for the 2 ohm as the amp can do higher power output for 2ohm vs 4 ohm. But 2 ohm cannot be run on HU, maybe it can but is not recommended on HU so better option is 4 ohm speakers.

On this link it says gto can be driven by HU.
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/pro...age=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA&cat=COS&ser=GTS

I think you should get an external amp clear the doubt and really get your moneys worth from the GTO's otherwise your not extracting their moneys worth performance.

One more route could be get the GTO in due time upgrade to an external amp and you will discover the real potential of these comps.

Thanks a lot audiodelic, for your response.

Actually I am not planning to go for an AMP now, it would cost me around 4 K. Instead I am thinking of adding rear speakers(haven't put them yet). what says??

So if am not going for an AMP, and having HU as Pioneer 4150SD, then what would be your recommendation ?
Also is there any way by which I can find out, at what impedance this 4150SD HU feeds? However the dealer said 4 ohm, but I want this to be confirmed.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back