Urgent: Polk Surround & Centre Channel Suggestion

himanshu_j

Hi folks,

New to this forum and my first thread. This forum greatly helped me in my first home theatre build and now the time has come to expand it.

My current setup:

AVR: Denon X1100W
Fronts: Polk Audio TSx440t

I am planning to add a centre channel and rears now.

Room size: ~200sq. ft

Centre channel: TSx150c or TSx250c
Rears: TSx110b or TSx 220b or OWM3 or any other model

Do not plan to add a subwoofer anytime soon as I am not a bass freak and usage is 60%music and 40%movies/tv series.

Await your expert suggestions! Thanks in advance :clapping:

Welcome to HFV Buddy...

If budget is not a constraint, then you can go for Tsx 250c Center and Tsx 200b surrounds... They have the same 6.5 inch driver that you have in your Tsx440t FS.... So perfect match...

I don't think you will need a Sub:eek:hyeah:, your FS can easily handle the load...Since you are not planning to add subwoofer, you can run all the speakers full range...

+1 to elangoas.
the only problem i see is that the tsx220b does not have a mounting hook, whereas the tsx110b has one on the back. So consider the fact that you would either place the surrounds on a stand or drill holes into the speaker cabinet and mount because of which warranty would be void. As this was told to me in profx that you would be getting the 5 year warranty void. So think accordingly.

Welcome to HFV Buddy...

If budget is not a constraint, then you can go for Tsx 250c Center and Tsx 200b surrounds... They have the same 6.5 inch driver that you have in your Tsx440t FS.... So perfect match...

Budget isn't a constraint per se but I wouldn't like to exceed 25k and as they say money saved is money earned! :lol:
If I go for the 150c and 110b, in what way would the difference in driver size effect sound quality? Maybe I could go for 250c and 110b, very confused.

the only problem i see is that the tsx220b does not have a mounting hook, whereas the tsx110b has one on the back.
Very valid point and something I had skipped to notice. I intend to wall mount the speakers using a hook such as Omnimount 10. I guess this narrows down the choice of rears.

Off topic but eBay is offering 9% discount on home theatre products. Is it still beneficial to buy from ProFx?

Budget isn't a constraint per se but I wouldn't like to exceed 25k and as they say money saved is money earned! :lol:
If I go for the 150c and 110b, in what way would the difference in driver size effect sound quality? Maybe I could go for 250c and 110b, very confused.

Off topic but eBay is offering 9% discount on home theatre products. Is it still beneficial to buy from ProFx?

There shouldn't be any difference in sound quality as all of them are from the same family of Tsx series...

check if ebay is offering the same 3/5 yr warranty as Pro FX.. If so then makes a better buy...

Very valid point and something I had skipped to notice. I intend to wall mount the speakers using a hook such as Omnimount 10. I guess this narrows down the choice of rears.

Even profx will offer 10 to 12% on speakers, imo it is better to buy from profx for warranty and service related issues .You can go for tsx250 center and tsx110 for surrounds. You can even make small wooden selves in the wall just to hold speakers, since it is heavier for surrounds.

Welcome to HFV Buddy...

I don't think you will need a Sub:eek:hyeah:, your FS can easily handle the load...Since you are not planning to add subwoofer, you can run all the speakers full range...

Yep, I would vouch for the TSX 250C as well for centre. Since you have some heavy weight Fronts yes maybe the sub is not critical. I have Polks: TSX 220B bookshelves Fronts, TSX 110B Book Shelves Surrounds, TSX 250C center and the Sub DSW PRO660i. All from PROFX Kochi who offered 10% discount and good demo

Last edited:
Go with the absolute best center channel you can afford. Skimp on any other speaker including the LR but never on the center. Center channel is the soul of a HT and nearly 70% of the sound is delivered from there. I have seen 250c in action - just go with it, no second thoughts.

Go ahead with tsx250c abd polk tsx110b. I have mounted the tsx110b ising wooden blocks made by my carpenter. These blocks are full solid wood and omnimount would not be able to take the weight of these speakers so i went in for this idea

Attachments

• IMG_20150314_235828_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150314_235828_HDR.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20150314_235812_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150314_235812_HDR.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20150314_235757_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150314_235757_HDR.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 117
Hi,
Which center channel have you added. Are you willing to sell ur old center channel. If Y what is the condition of usage and price. I am looking to upgrade my center channel spkr. do let me know. I stay in mumbai and have Dx-1 paired to yamaha avr.

Hi folks,

New to this forum and my first thread. This forum greatly helped me in my first home theatre build and now the time has come to expand it.

My current setup:

AVR: Denon X1100W
Fronts: Polk Audio TSx440t

I am planning to add a centre channel and rears now.

Room size: ~200sq. ft

Centre channel: TSx150c or TSx250c
Rears: TSx110b or TSx 220b or OWM3 or any other model

Do not plan to add a subwoofer anytime soon as I am not a bass freak and usage is 60%music and 40%movies/tv series.

Await your expert suggestions! Thanks in advance :clapping:

In a good hometheatre, ''centre channel speaker is more ideal and important''.
Here forum member confused about 2 models. In my view point 150 watts centre channel is sufficient.

Reasons
1. polk TSX 150C speaker's frequency response 53-25khz and TSX 250C 's frequency 48-25khz.
Here bass response is heavy in 250C and 150C's bass is sufficient and better for vocal clarity
(Remember - TSX Series is entry level home theatre series of polk audio)

2. 150C's driver size is 5 inch, its suffient for better vocal presence, and not attacking bass range frequency.

3. Price difference rs.8000

In my opinion 60-20khz frequency is more neutral, and better imaging...Hence my decision is to TSX-150C.

Sub woofer...
sub woofer is must in home theatre setup. Most of the movies frequency go down to 25hz , your tower speaker can't manage these deep bass frequency. So add a good sub woofer (polk DSW Pro 550)

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back