US Sony STR-DH550 usage in INDIA ?

sandeepkanchi

Hi all,

i am new to this forum and need your suggestion very badly :(

one of my friend is going to bring me Sony STR-DH550 5.2 receiver from US. i got it for cheap at just $149 = 10000 rupees. now the problem is can you guys please suggest me any transformer to use in india ?

deal : Sony 5 2 Channel 725 Watt 4K AV Receiver Black iPhone iPod Connectivity Str 027242872752 | eBay

just got these receiver details in google !

Power Consumption:200 W
Power Consumption (Power Stand By):0.3 W
Power Requirement:120 V 60 Hz

Waiting for your reply guys !

Hi,

You will require a step down converter...Google to check how to use electronics which are 110v ac in India...

If budget is a challenge, why don't u buy something available in the For sale by owner section or see hi fi ads....good stuff available

Hi,

You will require a step down converter...Google to check how to use electronics which are 110v ac in India...

If budget is a challenge, why don't u buy something available in the For sale by owner section or see hi fi ads....good stuff available

Thanks for your suggestion, but i couldn't see any receivers in for sale section till 7 pages :)

I am using a sony avr with 110 v. You can consider this one 500 WATTS AUTO WOUND STEP DOWN TRANSFORMER MAXINE: Amazon.in: Electronics

Thanks for the link but the product is unavailable, as the power consumption is mentioned as 200w for the product. is 200w maxine transformer is enough ? could you please explain me ? thanks buddy

is this product enough ?

Transformer : http://www.ebay.in/itm/MAXINE-250w-...hash=item3abd2718ec:m:mgnpjIp3IbqFGbkE9Udl9Rw

Receiver : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-5-2-Ch...ectivity-STR/331887789450?hash=item4d460dc58a

Last edited:
Thanks for the link but the product is unavailable, as the power consumption is mentioned as 200w for the product. is 200w maxine transformer is enough ? could you please explain me ? thanks buddy

is this product enough ?

Transformer : Maxine 250W Voltage Converter 220 TO 110 Step Down 100 Copper Transformer Based | eBay

Your receiver's max power consumption would be 200w, but it's advisable to have at least twice of that power rating for step down transformer. That way, there is enough headroom for the voltage conversion to happen and your device will be safe.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back