used bose 4.2 speakers

arun79

hi everybody,

wanted your opinion if it is worth buying used bose 4.2 spkrs for 9k (10yrs old)? I'll mix it with Nad cdp 521 and Nad rcvr 720. i listen to rock genre only.

in other words, a good bookshelf spkr within 15k.

arun

hi everybody,

wanted your opinion if it is worth buying used bose 4.2 spkrs for 9k (10yrs old)? I'll mix it with Nad cdp 521 and Nad rcvr 720. i listen to rock genre only.

arun

Dont know about NAD but I'd suggest you to go for Paradigm Atom or Polk RTI series... Do not go for bose.

paradigm atoms or wharf 10.1 s would sound a lot better at this price point. If you are fond of deep bass you may have to add a sub with the atoms or opt for the 10. 2 wharfs. Do audition and decide and also keep in mind these speakers take a while to burn in for their full ability...

cheers

hi everybody,

arun

10 yr old?
are you sure?
I bought 201's in 1999 ( 11 yrs back) and " studied" their site extensively..this no was not there

also in 2002 I had AM 10 ..that time too 402 were not there.

Their manual says copyright 1989
http://worldwide.bose.com/productsu...peakers/4_2_series1/en/owg_en_4_2_series1.pdf

so ask the person on what basis these are "just" 10 year old?

check this wiki entry

Bose stereo speakers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4.2 sereis 2 were discontinued in 95 - so what isereis it is?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back