User review for Pioneer SP-PK51FS 5.1 speakers !

Hi Ny2j

Thanks for the update.
Im based out of Chennai.

Could you please let me know if there are any contact numbers or any website where i can reach them?

Also what is the price of the 51 and 21 series you have got.

I have a VSX 1021k receiver which i just got from US. I feel going by your review 51FS should be the correct speakers for my receiver.

Thanks in advance

Guys this goes to all those who wanted to audition the speakers and the AVR at my place. We can fix up a time this coming week. I am not sure about the weekend as I might be going out so even a weekday is fine by me. All of us who are on can decide among ourselves a mutually agreeable time.
Cheers !

Guys this goes to all those who wanted to audition the speakers and the AVR at my place. We can fix up a time this coming week. I am not sure about the weekend as I might be going out so even a weekday is fine by me. All of us who are on can decide among ourselves a mutually agreeable time.
Cheers !

What abt 26th Jan?

What abt 26th Jan?

My girlfriend and I were planning to drive out of town for the extended weekend on the 26th :) what we can do is we can start our review session early in the noon- say around 12 so that I can leave by the evening. That way I can maintain peace on the personal front :)

My girlfriend and I were planning to drive out of town for the extended weekend on the 26th :) what we can do is we can start our review session early in the noon- say around 12 so that I can leave by the evening. That way I can maintain peace on the personal front :)

Thanks for invitation.Let few others too decide & we can review it better.

Thanks mav,
It was wonderful afternoon session enjoying your HT system.
What to say about Pioneer SP-PK51FS 5.1 speakers ,they are much more than value for money.Its perfect match with Yamaha AVR.

We started with some music.Mav played some mp3 in WMP,as usual sound was not best.So we installed foobar & wasapi plug in.Now started playing some music stored as flac on my HDD.

Music-To begin,we started with "Give me some sunshine" from 2 idiots & mav immediately could make out change in sound quality.When switched to pure direct,sound had good impact.

We played swadesh theme & Tabala strated to play purely.We played another Tabala track from Rhydhune & we felt that tabala has live feeling.Timble matching was close to real.

Then some tracks like "Tu jane na,Mehandi hai ranganewali" & sound was musical.In the song "Pani pani re",water flowing sound was realistic,bells playing with them had good space.I was impressed by separation of instruments.

We also played, "Darde dil" & Rafi sounded fuller & real.Violin played in the beginning had warmth & good impact.

Acoustic Guitar also sounded clean & lively.

In short,music sounded clean, undistorted,lively,fuller unlike typical feeling of lifeless sound coming out of AVR.Bass was good tight,not very deep,but fast & punchy.SW help to feel the dept.Infact we turned SW off & enjoyed 2 ch music.Treble was clean & occasionally sounded bright(depending on recording).Its not edgy though.These towers are VFM.We also played similar music with rear BS connecting to fronts.There was not mush difference as far as details & vocals are concerned.Vocals were clean, distinct & almost in the centre.Bass was fast,but not as deep as the tower,still musical.Sound is not laidback,but little forward.

Movies-Then we set to go for Ht clips.Pioneer did well in 5.1 ch too.Surround effect was on the spot & surr speakers were giving every detail of the clip.We played King kong bluray,Wanted DD clip, The Hero DTS,Kill bill & so on.Every time Yamaha RX-V671(US) was decoding perfect & speakers were outputting without any loss.SW was firing with power & we could feel its power in spite of 8 in driver.X-men 2 ,plain efeect was too good & so the one in movie UP.The combo was sounding powerful & full of HT effect.We enjoyed the system for almost 4 hours & we made mav late for his next commitment.:)

Now about mav,he is very humble man & allowed us to play his toy without any hitch.Finally thanks to coolestone who joined us for AV treat.:yahoo:

Last edited:
Thank you Mav for the invite and generosity in giving us a free run of your system. It was an afternoon well spent indeed and really the time just flew by.

Spiro has encapsulated the experience is detail and there is not too much to add on for me.

Frankly speaking before I heard the speakers I was a bit skeptical how they would sound as this was the first time I would be auditioning any Pioneer 5.1 system especially the FS speakers. But they did amazingly well with whatever we threw to it and we did throw a lot of stuff and the setup maintained the SQ. I must say that the speaker setup are a real value for money and compliment the AVR well. Mav, you have been lucky that the Pioneer matched your AVR as you didnt even get an opportunity to audition the speakers before purchasing them. The FS sounded quite natural to me not too bright especially in pure direct mode. We did not feel the fatigue even after almost 4 hours of listening.

At the end of the session we hooked on the surrounds as fronts and played them in pure direct mode and they sounded quite well. Sound was deep but not boomy except in certain notes on the Tabla.

Spiro did a great job tweaking the setup and Mav could at once feel the difference. Mav as suggested you should move your cabinet a bit behind so that the left FS is not cut off. Also mount your surrounds higher as they are a complete waste if you place it on the bed. Place your speakers properly and you will hear the difference immediately.
And as Spiro suggested please do invest in a media remote for your PC. You will not regret it.

Finally a big thank you to Spiro for the company else the drive would be boring and also for carrying enough material (Audio / Video) as usual to test out the system.

Last edited:
thanks mav for your effort in bringing these speakers to everyone's attention, and then finally proving it with this session! great work

It was a pleasure having spirovious and TheCoolestOne over at my place today. These two gentlemen were a big help in making me understand my equipment better. To tell you the truth I wasnt experiencing "true Surround" till now and had no clue about it till the time I was shown the real capability of the AVR.
I fell in love with my speakers all over again thanks to the thorough tests we subjected the speakers to. I can confidently say that these speakers are the best in the world at this price range and I hope more and more people experience the magic that Andrew Jones has created.
Cheers !

thanks mav for your effort in bringing these speakers to everyone's attention, and then finally proving it with this session! great work

my pleasure mate ! Thanks to the members of this forum I could take an informed decision :)

dsc01562d.jpg

dsc01563uu.jpg

dsc01564y.jpg

Photo courtesy : spirovious :)

Last edited:
Nice photos mav.
To others-we have kept surround on top of the Towers.
To add we also used HIMEDIA HD900B media player.It is fast & plays everything easily.Upscaling was good.Only thing that we couldn't make it output HD audio.With my DTS-HD clips,I was getting only DTS audio on AVR.

Last edited:
Hi MAV can you please share contact details of the dealer from whom got the speakers. After reading review I am getting interested to buy them.

Thank you in advance.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back