Ushers Be-718s simply floored me

sameer kumar

Dear all,

Based simply on the reviews & suggestions of forum members, without hearing them, I bought the Usher BE718s, and Im really happy I did.

In a word, the Ushers are spectacular.

The Ushers replaced Dynaudio Audience 72s, which are also good at high volume. The Dyns were just too large for my room, not good low listening level speakers, otherwise I wouldnt have sold them.

Im currently driving these Tiny Dancers with Plinius 8150. It's smooth, grain free warm and it matched well. For me, they together make music sound involving.

The Tiny Dancers have the image presence that I like, a big soundstage, and terrific detail across all frequencies. Now, I find myself listening to the music, rather than analysing it.

I'm happy with my purchase, playing all my favorite recordings deep into the night and I don't intend to upgrade soon.

Sameer

THey are excellent speakers though I think a bit expensive but that does not take away from the sound quality. It needs a good break in period ~100 - 150 hrs at moderate volumes. The soundstage should open up further.

The Plinius is a great amp and should enhance the lower end sufficiently that easy listening will be a pleasure.

Good luck on your purchase and am sure it satisfies many a musical night.

Re: the Dynaudio 72s, these are quite power hungry. I think that the AB design of the Plinius might have been the detriment at low volumes though I have not heard this specific pairing.

Dear all,

Based simply on the reviews & suggestions of forum members, without hearing them, I bought the Usher BE718s, and Im really happy I did.

The Ushers replaced Dynaudio Audience 72s, which are also good at high volume. The Dyns were just too large for my room, not good low listening level speakers, otherwise I wouldnt have sold them.

Im currently driving these Tiny Dancers with Plinius 8150. It's smooth, grain free warm and it matched well. For me, they together make music sound involving.

The Tiny Dancers have the image presence that I like, a big soundstage, and terrific detail across all frequencies. Now, I find myself listening to the music, rather than analysing it.

I'm happy with my purchase, playing all my favorite recordings deep into the night and I don't intend to upgrade soon.

Sameer

Congratulations! enjoy the msuic. Could you also share the purchase details with us? Where did you buy it from? How much did you pay? etc.,

Dear all,

Sameer

Congratulations! enjoy the msuic. Could you also share the purchase details with us? Where did you buy it from? How much did you pay? etc.,

Thank you ! I bought it from ARN Systems Bangalore and availed 10% discount during the sale period In January.For current prices contact Mr Sridhar (9880925992).

Sameer

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back