v-gaurd arrived???

Fine adder. servo stabilizer is good and way to go.

Compare the cost between servo stabilizer and a good quality branded stabilizer like v-guard. many cannot afford servo stabilizer and have to stick with stabilizers like v-guard and am fine with this. I do have a voltage meter and if i see voltages above 250v i switch off manually. If i fail to notice the readings then stabilizer changes its color from green to red and i cannot miss this as it is in my line of sight. So mine is combination of stabilizer with human intervention and this works fine :)

Fine adder. servo stabilizer is good and way to go.

Compare the cost between servo stabilizer and a good quality branded stabilizer like v-guard. many cannot afford servo stabilizer and have to stick with stabilizers like v-guard and am fine with this. I do have a voltage meter and if i see voltages above 250v i switch off manually. If i fail to notice the readings then stabilizer changes its color from green to red and i cannot miss this as it is in my line of sight. So mine is combination of stabilizer with human intervention and this works fine :)

well servo stabilizers can workout,if used for the entire house for tvs,hifi,fridge,pC. adapters for cordless phones,modems,voip,mobile phones etc.
my vaccum cleaner conked off due to the high voltage the EMF suppresion capacitor blew up,the capacitor can withstand only upto 275v.

well servo stabilizers can workout,if used for the entire house for tvs,hifi,fridge,pC. adapters for cordless phones,modems,voip,mobile phones etc.
my vaccum cleaner conked off due to the high voltage the EMF suppresion capacitor blew up,the capacitor can withstand only upto 275v.

Looks like you are already affected a lot by high voltage issue and damaged quiet a few equipments. You better go with servo stabilizer.

Sorry to hijack the forum, but is a digital stabilizer required for lcd tv? because v-guard is advertising in their product range - digital stabilzers for lcd tv......i haven't connected my lcd tv to any stabilizer...so curious to know..

RENJITH

hehe ..like headphones marked "designed for ipod "

a power protector is enough with a Hi Lo Cut ,add spike guard for lightning... LCDs are equipped with smps handles the fluctuations ... companies are marketing as people spending 40k+ goes easily for 4K in power protection...

hehe ..like headphones marked "designed for ipod "

a power protector is enough with a Hi Lo Cut ,add spike guard for lightning... LCDs are equipped with smps handles the fluctuations ... companies are marketing as people spending 40k+ goes easily for 4K in power protection...

well lcds or any electronic device can withstand upto a certain voltage,most lcds and plasma have a operating range of 110v to 240v ,there is a reason they have a label with the voltage ratings,while low voltage won't do much harm for electronic devices.high voltage can do some serious damage,voltages can be very high in the night in some cases during day time too,don't u read the newspaper about people loosing their televisions,cordless phones,stereos,refridgerators.
even a tube light will fail due to high voltage.
try putting a device thats ment to work in 110v to the indian 230v outlet,within a second u are mostly going to hear a pop and followed by smoke.like the same way even if there its a SMPS it is designed to handle only upto a certain voltage,i have seen various smps destroyed due to high voltage whether a cheap zebronics or a expensive corsair.again there is a reason that we buy UPS apart from the backup it also criticaly does AVR.

Hi,

VG crystal price is 2k and for digi 100 i paid 2.2 k[sp road, blore]

Can you provide me the shop name, contact details? I am planning to get one, either crystal or digi 100 sooner.
Thanks

I don't know the shop name, but get in to SP road, ask for Intec speaker shop or "speaker king". The stabilizer shop is exactly opposite to Intec speaker shop.

Thanks,
Prakash.

hello guys..

My application is :

1 amp - 350W
1 tubed CDP (MHZS CD33F) - I dont know the power needed.
1 EHP 606 - 50W
1 Sony HTiB - 150W
1 CRT monitor - 75W

Can you guys suggest me a Servo based or a Digital stab for me ??

Regards
Cha

well lcds or any electronic device can withstand upto a certain voltage,most lcds and plasma have a operating range of 110v to 240v ,there is a reason they have a label with the voltage ratings,while low voltage won't do much harm for electronic devices.high voltage can do some serious damage,voltages can be very high in the night in some cases during day time too,don't u read the newspaper about people loosing their televisions,cordless phones,stereos,refridgerators.
even a tube light will fail due to high voltage.
try putting a device thats ment to work in 110v to the indian 230v outlet,within a second u are mostly going to hear a pop and followed by smoke.like the same way even if there its a SMPS it is designed to handle only upto a certain voltage,i have seen various smps destroyed due to high voltage whether a cheap zebronics or a expensive corsair.again there is a reason that we buy UPS apart from the backup it also criticaly does AVR.

thank you for the detailed info, there was a "power protector" with High Lo cut i have recommended as well as a spike guard . (i think you dint read it properly ! , also i dont know why it is needed to read a newspaper to know that tube lights damage when there is high voltage, i wonder which newspaper prints such news )

Computer UPS is a different story , i dont think it is necessary to explain... data loss,HDD probs etc, Yes UPS also acts as a safe guard for hivoltage...,sometimes that assumption not fruitful ,as i know people who lost whole pc with APC,elnova UPS including me.

Last edited:
thank you for the detailed info, there was a "power protector" with High Lo cut i have recommended as well as a spike guard . (i think you dint read it properly ! , also i dont know why it is needed to read a newspaper to know that tube lights damage when there is high voltage, i wonder which newspaper prints such news )

Computer UPS is a different story , i dont think it is necessary to explain... data loss,HDD probs etc, Yes UPS also acts as a safe guard for hivoltage...,sometimes that assumption not fruitful ,as i know people who lost whole pc with APC,elnova UPS including me.

well spike gards with high lo cut will just cut off at a certain voltage,but a stabilizer will keep the voltage constant in the case of v guard close to 220v ,so it much better for the electronic devices.in case of power protectors with hi- lo cut off ,it will continue to give a high/low voltage until the cut off point for eg if its has a high voltage cut off at 260v it is going to give upto 260v before cutting off.where as the stabilizers will give the optimum voltage of 220v .

well those of u who are buying the V-guard DIGITAL stabilizer for lcd/plasmas etc,i suggest u buy the model called VG crystal rather then the DIGI-50,100,200.
since the DIGI series can handle input voltage of 295v but gives a output voltage of 253v,most lcd and plasmas will only handle upto 240v to 250v as said in the rear of the tv or manual,while it can handle higher voltages i.e more then 250v ,neverthless the tv is taking a beating ,its like a slow poison so it will shorten the life of ur tv.
the VG crystal model can handle a input voltage of 290v which is 5 volts less then DIGI model,but it outputs only 240v that is 13v lower then DIGI models.

but those who have realy expensive tvs or other expensive electronic devices that require higher power,better to go for servo based ones.

those of u how have the V-guard digital series,does it have a voltage selection switch?.

here is another product from apc Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulator

adder, what is the KVA rating of the VGuard Crystal series ?

adder, what is the KVA rating of the VGuard Crystal series ?

well if u want the ratings like the way its calculated by ups companies ,then the VG crystal is VA ratinng is around 750VA can handle up to 460watts.which is suited for lcds tvs since most lcds even 55inch sized ones consumes less then 350watts.

I would like to add on protection from Lightning. For people live in heavy rainy area especially western coast, north east etc, only way to escape is disconnecting all the equipments from the wall sockets including UPS and Stabs.
And if you have cable connection make sure that you disconnect it first from TV or STB. And if your DTH dish is high above your terrace, check is there any better option on ground.
I can tell you, for lightning, there is no other way. Nothing will work out, as thousands of amperes rush thru air towards your building in a fraction of second.

And all the disconnection activities must be done when you get warning thunders , before it get nearer and nearer. It happens usually quickly within 5 to 10 minutes. And be careful if the thunder is very strong and a great chance of strike, especially telephone cable and TV cable. If your land telephone rings (not a normal ring, it rings and stops, or continuously rings, then dont touch the phone).

You can connect the stuffs again once you heard last thunder 10 minutes back (that means its getting away).

While going out of home you may disconnect these including refrigerator during thunder season. (for west coast during starting week and ending week ,around October, of monsoon).

And last not the least, respect the power of nature and be humble.

I just got new sammy 40" B6000 LCD , and seeing 5-6 power shutdowns daily in my area I have decided to go for an Voltage Stabilizer...

Components I want to cover are:
TV
Fridge (i/p watts: 155 , defrost watts : 245)
Computer (500W smps)
2.1 HT (i/p watts: 150 , pmpo 2800W :confused: )

Is it possible to protect all from one device or I'll have to buy 1 stabilizer for each ?

And V-guard will do or better I invest in servo ?

I just got new sammy 40" B6000 LCD , and seeing 5-6 power shutdowns daily in my area I have decided to go for an Voltage Stabilizer...

Components I want to cover are:
TV
Fridge (i/p watts: 155 , defrost watts : 245)
Computer (500W smps)
2.1 HT (i/p watts: 150 , pmpo 2800W :confused: )

Is it possible to protect all from one device or I'll have to buy 1 stabilizer for each ?

And V-guard will do or better I invest in servo ?
i have v-gaurd its completely safe bro go whatever you choose v-gaurd or servo both do the job:)

Hi Manu4panjab,
I am from Punjab too. Does your Digi 200 have On/Off switch in the front? How much does it cost now in Punjab? Where is it available in Punjab. Can u get the latest price for me and oblige.

Thanx & Regards.

My dad called up electrician , and he insisted tht we should install servo stabilizer ...

Quoted 5-10 k budget , will tell exact price after calculations... Assumed 2kVA ...
And make was "LOTUS" , some Pune based manufacturer... If tht company is good this deal sound fair to me , instead of V-guard ...

My dad called up electrician , and he insisted tht we should install servo stabilizer ...

Quoted 5-10 k budget , will tell exact price after calculations... Assumed 2kVA ...
And make was "LOTUS" , some Pune based manufacturer... If tht company is good this deal sound fair to me , instead of V-guard ...

go for it then bro :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back