v-gaurd arrived???

Hi,

I bought V-Gaurd DIGI 200 stab intending to protect my AVR, TV, DVD Player & HDD Media Player. The plan was to connect output of DIGI 200 to good Surge Protector (Belkin) and all components draw power from Belkin Surge Protector. When I open the box, I got surprised to see 15A Pin at input end of Stab. Unfortunately I don't have any 15A socket nearby to wall unit.

Please clarify the following.
1) Is there any other model of DIGI-200 available with 5A input as well.
2) How you guys are using it? Are you giving 15A input to this Stab?
3) Since it uses 15A input, doesn't it draw more power and give us real shock with electricity bills?
4) Is it right way to connect output of stab to Surge Protector and then to equipments?

Please help in understanding.

Regards,

KBS

Last edited:
Hi,

I bought V-Gaurd DIGI 200 stab intending to protect my AVR, TV, DVD Player & HDD Media Player. The plan was to connect output of DIGI 200 to good Surge Protector (Belkin) and all components draw power from Belkin Surge Protector. When I open the box, I got surprised to see 15A Pin at input end of Stab. Unfortunately I don't have any 15A socket nearby to wall unit.

Please clarify the following.
1) Is there any other model of DIGI-200 available with 5A input as well.
2) How you guys are using it? Are you giving 15A input to this Stab?
3) Since it uses 15A input, doesn't it draw more power and give us real shock with electricity bills?
4) Is it right way to connect output of stab to Surge Protector and then to equipments?

Please help in understanding.

Regards,

KBS

1 well i know the VG crystal uses a 5A plug,
2now if u want to use ur digi 100 with a 5A socket,u need to get a 15A to 5A convertor plug.well i have used many devices like this,but then again my wires in my house are of high grade which can with stand lot of amps.
3no it won't,unless u connect a load that consumes close to 6A or about 1320watts which is what the rated output of DIGI200.
4 yes u can connect it that way,but i would connect the stabilizer to the surge protector(only if its a high end surge protector).but for people who find the stabilizer outputs sockets to be less,they can connect a surge protector to the stabilzer output.

1 well i know the VG crystal uses a 5A plug,
2now if u want to use ur digi 100 with a 5A socket,u need to get a 15A to 5A convertor plug.well i have used many devices like this,but then again my wires in my house are of high grade which can with stand lot of amps.
3no it won't,unless u connect a load that consumes close to 6A or about 1320watts which is what the rated output of DIGI200.
4 yes u can connect it that way,but i would connect the stabilizer to the surge protector(only if its a high end surge protector).but for people who find the stabilizer outputs sockets to be less,they can connect a surge protector to the stabilzer output.

Thanks for your clarifications.
I have some more questions, please help.
1) By using 5A-To-15A converter, I will only be actually supplying 5A; Since DIGI-200 expects 15A as input, doesn't it affect the performance? Doesn't it burn the wires
2) Actually I am afraid of using DIGI-200 after seeing it's 15A input pin. Doesn't it pump more current to output and burst other equipments?
3) What would be power requirements for Onkyo 606 + Sony 29'' CRT TV + Sony DVD Player + HDD Media Player + Tata Sky? Do I really require DIGI-200 here or DIGI-100 with 3A would suffice?
4) How much power do you think Onkyo 606 would consume per hour?

Thank you again,
KBS

Last edited:
Thanks for your clarifications.
I have some more questions, please help.
1) By using 5A-To-15A converter, I will only be actually supplying 5A; Since DIGI-200 expects 15A as input, doesn't it affect the performance? Doesn't it burn the wires
2) Actually I am afraid of using DIGI-200 after seeing it's 15A input pin. Doesn't it pump more current to output and burst other equipments?
3) What would be power requirements for Onkyo 606 + Sony 29'' CRT TV + Sony DVD Player + HDD Media Player + Tata Sky? Do I really require DIGI-200 here or DIGI-100 with 3A would suffice?
4) How much power do you think Onkyo 606 would consume per hour?

Thank you again,
KBS

1 well the convertor is just a 5A in plug(male) in the front and 15A plug socket(female) in the rear,so u can use it.but like i said if ur house has some old thin wires i.e the wires coming from the rooms MCB to the plug point ,it may heat up and even burn.
2 no it won't,it gives only what the connected device demands.
3 well about 950watts at max,normaly or average would be less then 500watts.
4 well the onkyo or ur tv power consumption will depend on the volume and the source sound like when there is heavy bass or if sound is coming from all 7 speakers the power consumption will increase,
in ur tv its the same,but if u increase the brightness or if the amount of white displayed increases the power consumption will increase.
the onkyo max power consumption is about 660watts,but it will consume that much only when u set the volume to the max with all channels/speakers playing the same sound.

take for eg i have the creative gigaworks 7.1 speakers with power sub and amplfier for the 7 satellites speakers .its rated at 700watts max power consumption,but even at uncomfortably loud music or HT experience it rarely crosses the 350watts mark.

1 well the convertor is just a 5A in plug(male) in the front and 15A plug socket(female) in the rear,so u can use it.but like i said if ur house has some old thin wires i.e the wires coming from the rooms MCB to the plug point ,it may heat up and even burn.
2 no it won't,it gives only what the connected device demands.
3 well about 950watts at max,normaly or average would be less then 500watts.
4 well the onkyo or ur tv power consumption will depend on the volume and the source sound like when there is heavy bass or if sound is coming from all 7 speakers the power consumption will increase,
in ur tv its the same,but if u increase the brightness or if the amount of white displayed increases the power consumption will increase.
the onkyo max power consumption is about 660watts,but it will consume that much only when u set the volume to the max with all channels/speakers playing the same sound.

take for eg i have the creative gigaworks 7.1 speakers with power sub and amplfier for the 7 satellites speakers .its rated at 700watts max power consumption,but even at uncomfortably loud music or HT experience it rarely crosses the 350watts mark.

Thanks a lot, adder. I am impressed and convinced with your answers.

And two more questions. Sorry for troubling you.

Now that, I am connecting output of the DIGI-200 Stabilizer to 'Belkin Gold Series Surge Protector'. It has RF pins also, so that one can protect surges from TV cable. Since I have Tata Sky connection, these RF pins can not be used.
1) Is there anyway I can make use of these pins for Tata Sky without loss of signal quality?
2) If don't connect Tata Sky through Surge Protector, What's the probability of surge from Tata Sky dish damaging other equipments connected like TV, HT and others? I guess, at the most it may damage only STB, am I right?

Thanks,
KBS

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, adder. I am impressed and convinced with your answers.

And two more questions. Sorry for troubling you.

Now that, I am connecting output of the DIGI-200 Stabilizer to 'Belkin Gold Series Surge Protector'. It has RF pins also, so that one can protect surges from TV cable. Since I have Tata Sky connection, these RF pins can not be used.

1) Is there anyway I can make use of these pins for Tata Sky without loss of signal quality?
2) If don't connect Tata Sky through Surge Protector, What's the probability of surge from Tata Sky dish damaging other equipments connected like TV, HT and others? I guess, at the most it may damage only STB, am I right?

Thanks,
KBS

well u can use those RF pins i.e the Input comping from ur DISH should go into the Belkin IN and the RF output from the Belkin should go to ur STB.

i have a $80 power sentry surge protector which also has RF and IN and out,yesterday i removed the screws and checked the internal circuit.the RF input and Output just have a earthing wire ,connected parallel with a varistor Varistor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which absorbs the voltages.

1 so yes u can connect,but use good quality cables,i.e the new cable which u have to buy or use to connect the belkin to TS STB.u can ask from a cable shop for good quality cable or by the same cable as ur current tata sky cable.

2 well if ur dish does get hit by a lightning then yes it may take the TV with it,apart from the STB.
the surge protector is going to divert the voltage to earthing the varistor also helps in absorbing quickly.so is it worth connecting ?thats a definete yes from my side.

well u can use those RF pins i.e the Input comping from ur DISH should go into the Belkin IN and the RF output from the Belkin should go to ur STB.

i have a $80 power sentry surge protector which also has RF and IN and out,yesterday i removed the screws and checked the internal circuit.the RF input and Output just have a earthing wire ,connected parallel with a varistor Varistor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which absorbs the voltages.

1 so yes u can connect,but use good quality cables,i.e the new cable which u have to buy or use to connect the belkin to TS STB.u can ask from a cable shop for good quality cable or by the same cable as ur current tata sky cable.

2 well if ur dish does get hit by a lightning then yes it may take the TV with it,apart from the STB.
the surge protector is going to divert the voltage to earthing the varistor also helps in absorbing quickly.so is it worth connecting ?thats a definete yes from my side.

Thanks a ton, adder.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back