Valve Radios

pksnathan

Friends,
I am a person who likes classic audio equipments.I am interested in a valve radio and is there any India based web sites offering these radios for sale?Please help me in this regard.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

suggest any good local newspaper in noida/ ncr!
Hey I have a big large radio lying at my home town (I guess it is a murphy) but it won't be able to play FM! Putting it in living room would be too harsh on W!

regards

Would you like to consider using an existing modern radio known for a really good quality tuner <>line-out <> DIY Valve amp of 2 -3 watts <> small DIY 3" full range speakers mounted out of the way at 7 feet on a wall shelf.

What say? It would be a fun project.

Regards

I am thinking of using a "newer technology (but an used) tuner and couple it with my tube lyrita pre. Talking to a couple of dealers for a tuner.

Any idea of all those HD radios that new avrs come equipped with? Can they possibly work in India?

regards

Hey anm If you wish I can check your Valve radio. But you need to arrange a digital multimeter

it's not here in Noida. It's lying back in my home town. Once there were 3 or 4 such in my house, but I think most of them are thrown away. My father was too passionate about it, rest didn't care much and went to portable transistors.

it's not here in Noida. It's lying back in my home town. Once there were 3 or 4 such in my house, but I think most of them are thrown away. My father was too passionate about it, rest didn't care much and went to portable transistors.

Uhaa...so that's how you got into this hobby. For me it more than a hobby as I sleep also with my music on:rolleyes:

you can say that. I loved the record player that was there in our large joint family. But since we lived in rented acco and transferred around, didn't have grand money, so couldn't afford a record player and such luxury. But my father did maintain a cassette player and spent some money always on cassettes. Even when the record player was enjoyed by everyone else, the only person buying records was my father. Too bad the record player and records aren't with me, and are with my uncle. Not sure if he would be willing to part with them.

regards

I am thinking of using a "newer technology (but an used) tuner and couple it with my tube lyrita pre. Talking to a couple of dealers for a tuner.

Any idea of all those HD radios that new avrs come equipped with? Can they possibly work in India?

regards

Hey Anm

The valve magic comes with the elctro-mechanical interface between amp and a small full range speaker. One cannot replicate the old vintage radio sound with an SS amp with just a tube pre.

Just my 2C.

HTH
--Rahul

Hey Anm

The valve magic comes with the elctro-mechanical interface between amp and a small full range speaker. One cannot replicate the old vintage radio sound with an SS amp with just a tube pre.

Just my 2C.

HTH
--Rahul

Hi,

I tend to agree with the above view. The effect of the valve radio magic cannot be achieved by picking and choosing some parts and mixing and matching them with others. This may at best give a cleaner sound. It would not necessarily be a better sound.

Regards.

HD radio doesn't exist in India. It's the North American version of digital radio. AIR has been testing a version of digital radio called Radio Mondiale but I believe it's some years before they are commercially launched. Anyway, digital radio is not necessarily a good thing if one goes by the experience of Europe. They are being damned everywhere, mainly because their coverage is poor. And also because of over-compression. DAB (the version used in most of Europe) has been around since the late 90s in UK and Europe. Cost of radio sets have come down to very affordable levels. The UK Govt has a timeframe of switching off all analog FM when digital radio's business turnover equals half of analog radio. And that's not happening anytime soon as current figure is 25% or so, and not going up:eek:

Friends,
I am a person who likes classic audio equipments.I am interested in a valve radio and is there any India based web sites offering these radios for sale?Please help me in this regard.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Hello mani here there are some japaness audiogenerator x vtvm meter
all valve type intrested pls contect thk you.

HI All, I am very New to this forum, I need HELP, I have a Old Philips India, made Tube Radio, few months ago Radio stopped singing and receiving Signals, All stations produce only Humming, still dial lights are on and all Tubes are Lighting, I found a repairer and he said that its Oscillator Tubes ECH81 & PCF802 are not working & should be replaced, Both are BEL make, I searched on Internet for Tubes and found some on ebay and told to repairer, He said those will not work, I do'nt understand Why whether those are same No.
Help me to found the Tubes...Please. or Tell me how the same numbers Tubes of different makers and from different country work for my Radio.

Valves with the same serial number, purchased from abroad (different make) will definitely work. If you target mullard valves, you can get direct replacements for BEL ones.

Friends,
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Pls contact 09847229941 Mr.Abdul and his website Gramophone Records Voice of Kerala, Oyitty road, Calicut, Kerala, India. Shop 0495 2721759 Mob. 09847229941.Gramophone Records.in

He is located in Calicut and do sales & service of valve radios. Few months ago, I shipped my old philips stereo radio from Bangalore to Calicut, and got it done well. He is a soft spoken, gentleman, and charges very reasonably.. On top of it, he speaks fine english and communicates well by emails.

here is an article about him in the Hindu news paper

The Hindu : Kerala News : Sharing the love for gramophone

Pls contact 09847229941 Mr.Abdul and his website Gramophone Records Voice of Kerala, Oyitty road, Calicut, Kerala, India. Shop 0495 2721759 Mob. 09847229941.Gramophone Records.in

He is located in Calicut and do sales & service of valve radios. Few months ago, I shipped my old philips stereo radio from Bangalore to Calicut, and got it done well. He is a soft spoken, gentleman, and charges very reasonably.. On top of it, he speaks fine english and communicates well by emails.

here is an article about him in the Hindu news paper

The Hindu : Kerala News : Sharing the love for gramophone
A very nice gentleman. i have known him for years. We have associated with each other several times. The right person for repairing old valve radios

The guru of Philips radio restoration is Mr Pandu Rajan (google for his name)
of Bangalore.

Nederlands Forum over Oude Radio's - Restoration of Philips Radio set BX765X
Nederlands Forum over Oude Radio's - Restoration of BX798X-02

BX665X Radio Philips; Eindhoven tubes international!;, build

Pc0040700.jpg

Tuning in to yesteryear, Columns - Hobby Takers - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror

Those restorations done by Mr Rajan are amazingly beautiful and explain the innovation and creativity that went in there.

The photos of the radios 'before restore' get sold in scrap under the hammer in Mumbai's Bhendi Bazaar area in the scrap market. Really very superb job.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back