velodyne spl 1500r vs velodyne dd-15?

manu,

i am surpised that you have not bought anything yet. take one simple advice go for something which you can buy in india else SVS PB13 guys will send it here without any problem from Singapore as they have distributor there. It is one hell of a sub and very very good when it comes to cinema sound. I can vouch for it any day and believe me you will not look back ever after.

so stop gettting confused and go for it.

cheers,

Swat

Swat - Id be curious to know what the svspb13 would be delivered to India? IMHO (of course being a SVS PC12+ owner) it would have to be one of best subs - period. I would not mind getting it - of course if the price is right.
Cheers
Sid

Sid,

I one i used was in UK from Kent home cinema. Nonetheless, I did make a query with them from US when i was in Dubai earlier this year. they mentioned about getting it delivered for around 770 USD on top of 1600USD MRP. however, i would imagine the price would be even higher for india even though the shipping charges will be lesser then Dubai. i do remember them saying you can also get it from Singapore dealer which will be easier to come to india in less time.

I hope it helps.

Swat

manu , before u decide on your sub
have u done any room acoustics?
if not kindly do up the room, your existing polk subs may sound really good

Thanks Swat - Just as I feared - we will probably end up getting gouged - like paying close to double of US msrp:mad:
Well I will stick to my PC12+ now - maybe upgrade in the future if and when pricing becomes saner
Cheers
Sid

manu,

i am surpised that you have not bought anything yet. take one simple advice go for something which you can buy in india else SVS PB13 guys will send it here without any problem from Singapore as they have distributor there. It is one hell of a sub and very very good when it comes to cinema sound. I can vouch for it any day and believe me you will not look back ever after.

so stop gettting confused and go for it.

cheers,

Swat

from india i can buy velodyne then :)

here's one more thing as one of my bro here said strecth my budget and go for dd-18 which is price at 2lacs ok i can go for 2lacs but one thing do you guys heard jl audio its fathom f113 is price at 220000

so if money is no concern should i go with dd 18 with 18 inch driver or fathom f113

These are 2 of the very finest subwoofers in their category, you just can't go wrong with either of them. If it were me, I'd pick the DD18.

I will pick fathom f-113 for the bass quality and high SPL at anything below or above 20hz. but for calibration DD18 scores above.

overall, i think its more about the bass quality and how practical the thing is and Fathom scores above DD18 in all the departments except of course calibration.

cheers,

swat

I will pick fathom f-113 for the bass quality and high SPL at anything below or above 20hz. but for calibration DD18 scores above.

overall, i think its more about the bass quality and how practical the thing is and Fathom scores above DD18 in all the departments except of course calibration.

cheers,

swat

hey bhai can you please tell me one thing as most of avr today have atuo calibration right and subwoofers too right but how to calibrate the subwoofer then which calibration method to choose between two avr's or sub's
and if we calibrate subwoofer withits own calibration mic then what we have to do in avr sub setting menu for subwoofer croosover,level etc etc. i'm veryyyyyy confused please help me in this confustion i hope you understand what i'm trying to ask and bro for a novice like me i think velodyne dd-18 has so much advanced function i really don't know which function to set where

Last edited:
Making up your mind could be a good start.

As stated before, both are excellent subs. In line with Swat's comment, may be you might be happier with the F113 since it will give you more slam factor. However, I believe in the school of thought that gives priority to integration and configuration. IMO a good sub should not attract any attention to itself, it should disappear itself while making your overall experience of HT/HiFi richer and full bodied. IME the DD18 is more defined than F113; hence my choice. Hope this helps.

Wishes for your ongoing research!

hey bhai can you please tell me one thing as most of avr today have atuo calibration right and subwoofers too right but how to calibrate the subwoofer then which calibration method to choose between two avr's or sub's
and if we calibrate subwoofer withits own calibration mic then what we have to do in avr sub setting menu for subwoofer croosover,level etc etc. i'm veryyyyyy confused please help me in this confustion i hope you understand what i'm trying to ask and bro for a novice like me i think velodyne dd-18 has so much advanced function i really don't know which function to set where

Manu,

always to start with do the calibration through AVR which will set the frequency response and curve following with calibration of your subwoofer alone. one thing to keep in mind is that you have to choose either AVR passing anything below 80 to sub or set subwoofer up to certain level like 120hz for bass response. any movie we play have sub bass frequency ranging from 18 to 120 anything above is neither classified as bass nor the movie producers provide. therefore, the cross over is set in most cases at eithe 100 or 120 for best response from sub even though the THX rules out at 80 but for that your whole set up should be THX certified.

I hope it helps.

cheers,

swat

Making up your mind could be a good start.

As stated before, both are excellent subs. In line with Swat's comment, may be you might be happier with the F113 since it will give you more slam factor. However, I believe in the school of thought that gives priority to integration and configuration. IMO a good sub should not attract any attention to itself, it should disappear itself while making your overall experience of HT/HiFi richer and full bodied. IME the DD18 is more defined than F113; hence my choice. Hope this helps.

Wishes for your ongoing research!

i guess that is the reason why people say trust your ears. I have seen and heard tons of people saying fathom is on a different level when it comes to quality of bass, but some people would love the bass quality of DD18. therefore, this is highly subjective matter and one should always believe in what they hear which means if you liek DD18 bass then pick as it is one of the complete sub money can buy but of-course looking at performance and bang for buck it is not the best buy.

as i have said earlier for you the best bet would be SVS PB13U which is high on SPL in comparison to both these subs and will punch hard all day long to satisfy your libido of having more and more bass.

cheers,

swat

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back