velodyne spl 1500r vs velodyne dd-15?

Making up your mind could be a good start.

As stated before, both are excellent subs. In line with Swat's comment, may be you might be happier with the F113 since it will give you more slam factor. However, I believe in the school of thought that gives priority to integration and configuration. IMO a good sub should not attract any attention to itself, it should disappear itself while making your overall experience of HT/HiFi richer and full bodied. IME the DD18 is more defined than F113; hence my choice. Hope this helps.

Wishes for your ongoing research!

thanks bhai for wish me :)

Manu,

always to start with do the calibration through AVR which will set the frequency response and curve following with calibration of your subwoofer alone. one thing to keep in mind is that you have to choose either AVR passing anything below 80 to sub or set subwoofer up to certain level like 120hz for bass response. any movie we play have sub bass frequency ranging from 18 to 120 anything above is neither classified as bass nor the movie producers provide. therefore, the cross over is set in most cases at eithe 100 or 120 for best response from sub even though the THX rules out at 80 but for that your whole set up should be THX certified.

I hope it helps.

cheers,

swat

hey bro so its just avr set up and then should i have to do calibration with subwoofer's mic too :rolleyes:

hey brothers pls don't mind for my question for subwoofers again and again and agaaaaaain :)
actually bhaiyon i was just finish building new villa with 4 bedrooms ,two kitches etc. etc. etc and ready for sale and i'm hoping for it to be sell in next 6 months :) so whenever i sell new villa i will immedeatly purchase an awesome subwoofer so that's why i'm asking which sub to go for one time pruchase and not looking back for my sub hunger just as i purchase onkyo 807 and it is a marvelous unit and my hunger for avr is over :cool: so just want to finish my quest for subwoofers :)

Last edited:
one more thing brothers if i purchase dd-18 then it has all the set up like xover,phase control etc etc not on it back but shows with a video cable i mean you have to first connect normal video cable and then it will shows all the stuff

like here in this review:- Velodyne DD-18 Set-up — Reviews and News from Audioholics

so how to set all these stuffs and to where totallyy confused it is so advance subwoofer not for a rookie like me i guess :sad:

Manu bhai, don't worry about the setup too much, get what you want. There are many on the forum who could help you in setting up the sub and do remember that you need to do it only once, unless you change your HT layout/acoustics. Even otherwise, you could get some professional help, though it may not always give you the desired result.

Manu bhai, don't worry about the setup too much, get what you want. There are many on the forum who could help you in setting up the sub and do remember that you need to do it only once, unless you change your HT layout/acoustics. Even otherwise, you could get some professional help, though it may not always give you the desired result.

thanks kumar bhai :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back