Venturing in REW + UMIK 1

The last 2 graphs, they say generally Audyssey doesn't boost the frequencies for Sub/s but cut the peaks. In your case it looks like Audyssey added boost at couple of dips. Do you find a noticeable difference with and without Audyssey?
Audyssey does both boosting and cutting peaks.
Somecases it ruins ,somecases it helps.

Audyessy can boost little bit, in my case you can notice its boosted the 70Hz for 3 or 4 db.

With Audyessy the Movie watching is much better than without audyessy (Dy. Eq on and off), Very controlled roll off on low frequencies and chest slamming sounds are much better with Audessy.

Without Audessy and in pure direct the music listening excellent.
Did you mean with Audessey filters on/off or with Dy EQ on/off?

I will have Pure direct for music and Auto either Dy EQ on or off for movies
Fantastic job with MiniDSP :)

I have been watching the tutorial videos and am left with couple of confusions.

I plan to follow below steps
1. Download the Plugin for MiniDSP 2X4 HD, is this free to download? Where are the instructions?
2. Blank out all parameters on SVS PB 2000 Pro using app, have both subs phase set to "0"
3. Gain match on Subs (around 75db, since I am not inclined to physically move the Sub.. I will use near field measurement. Ones the gain on both subs match.
4. Blank out every parameter on Plugin
5. Using Pink noise generator and SPL meter on REW as instructed, I will Level match the Subs at MLP (by adjusting gain on the Plugin because I can not touch the gain settings on Subs now).
5. Then comes the Phase/distance adjustment, this will need some measurements and comparison to find out approx distance I need to add to the Sub which is more away from MLP. This is pure judgemental by FR. Add the distance in Plugin in the Sub which is away.
6. Use EQ on REW to match the target Curve by applying filters, do some more adjustment in target level (if needed) to achieve more perfection to hug the target curve.
7. Import the filter coefficients file in MiniDSP
8. Take Subs measurement again to see the result how close it is to target curve
9. Above will result combining two Subs into one, since now they are now gain matched/level matched/set correct delay between them/ got EQ applied for a flatter curve.
10. Run Audessey MultQT 32 again

I just could not follow the tips about integrating the Subs with Mains, when and how that is recommended to be done in above process?

1. Download the Plugin for MiniDSP 2X4 HD, is this free to download? Where are the instructions?
Create an account in minidsp.com and check user downloads-> Choose the product and you should get it.

I dont think 2*4HD comes with a Bass module plugin which does the integration of the mains with subs, but maybe there are other options.

2. Blank out all parameters on SVS PB 2000 Pro using app, have both subs phase set to "0"
3. Gain match on Subs (around 75db, since I am not inclined to physically move the Sub.. I will use near field measurement. Ones the gain on both subs match.
5. Using Pink noise generator and SPL meter on REW as instructed, I will Level match the Subs at MLP (by adjusting gain on the Plugin because I can not touch the gain settings on Subs now).
5. Then comes the Phase/distance adjustment, this will need some measurements and comparison to find out approx distance I need to add to the Sub which is more away from MLP. This is pure judgemental by FR. Add the distance in Plugin in the Sub which is away.
6. Use EQ on REW to match the target Curve by applying filters, do some more adjustment in target level (if needed) to achieve more perfection to hug the target curve.
8. Take Subs measurement again to see the result how close it is to target curve
9. Above will result combining two Subs into one, since now they are now gain matched/level matched/set correct delay between them/ got EQ applied for a flatter curve.

I just could not follow the tips about integrating the Subs with Mains, when and how that is recommended to be done in above process?
AFAIK there will be a coupon code included with the product to procure 1 license for the plugin.
One of the photo in the below amazon link says so.
Guys who r already using it can tell the procedure if its any different.

May be this video can help

Create an account in minidsp.com and check user downloads-> Choose the product and you should get it.

I dont think 2*4HD comes with a Bass module plugin which does the integration of the mains with subs, but maybe there are other options.
Some Videos gave tips about using REW beta version to avail the feature of Subs integration with mains like the one shared by @ArunkumarMB

But to be honest I could not follow the instructions in it, there were few steps which got the things completely confused. Would be great to get a simplified step by step guide from someone who has done it :)

Some Videos gave tips about using REW beta version to avail the feature of Subs integration with mains like the one shared by @ArunkumarMB

But to be honest I could not follow the instructions in it, there were few steps which got the things completely confused. Would be great to get a simplified step by step guide from someone who has done it :)

While buying the MiniDSP they gave me a subscription code, which i used in their website and downloaded the software
On my PB2000, i have set the phase to "0", LFE to ""0" and Gain at 12 o clock position
Ok.
Yes
That is right... if there is any changes to make to reach 75db do it in DSP input.
Here it will be measured in Millisecond unit you are right its judgmental, as a starting point have one Sub in "0" and adjust the other sub 3 points incremental (May be you can select the Sub based on the curve, which ever have nasty curve with lots of dips and ups)
Perfect
Yes
Yes
Yes
Perfect.
Iam also exploring mate... have to do it.. lets explore together :)

Btw One important point is similar to file you saved for EQ please have the configuration file also saved somewhere, it will come handy incase by mistake you change any configuration.

Cheers :)

While buying the MiniDSP they gave me a subscription code, which i used in their website and downloaded the software

On my PB2000, i have set the phase to "0", LFE to ""0" and Gain at 12 o clock position

Ok.

Yes

That is right... if there is any changes to make to reach 75db do it in DSP input.

Here it will be measured in Millisecond unit you are right its judgmental, as a starting point have one Sub in "0" and adjust the other sub 3 points incremental (May be you can select the Sub based on the curve, which ever have nasty curve with lots of dips and ups)

Perfect

Yes

Yes

Yes

Perfect.

Iam also exploring mate... have to do it.. lets explore together :)

Btw One important point is similar to file you saved for EQ please have the configuration file also saved somewhere, it will come handy incase by mistake you change any configuration.

Cheers :)
Thank you for confirming :)
Hopefully I will have my unit tomorrow and I can't wait to test it

Guys use the below thread for discussion about minidsp,so that it can be useful for some other FMs.

Guys use the below thread for discussion about minidsp,so that it can be useful for some other FMs.

Posted at update there on MiniDSP thread

The first unit of UMIK1 I received stopped getting powered on in second usage. I got a replacement Unit.
Surprise! This unit also got faulty in 7 days. Its powering on but not recognised by my MacBook. MiniDSP official forum has many such complaints and no solution. Contacted Avenue Sound again and this time they asked to contact MiniDSP directly. Now I am stuck with this defective Unit. Really upset!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back