Very effective & non intrusive antivirus for desktop/laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitin K

Hi friends,

Can the experts pls let me know which is a good antivirus that does not have annoying pop up's and does not slow down the computer/laptop's performance as they are being used for animation purpose involving heavy rendering.
We have been using Kaspersky for years and there are a lot of pop ups which keep coming up every now and then and I suspect it is slowing down the computer too. Sometimes it suspects Windows files and other legitimate programs too.

I have been told by a friend that Windows defender which is inbuilt in windows with uBlock origin (anti-malware for the browser) is good enough for all purposes.
Ideally the maximum protection would also be required in the case of NetBanking and other financial payments on online sites which we all would like to have.
Pls do let me know your suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nitin

Last edited:
Hi friends,

Can the experts pls let me know which is a good antivirus which does not have annoying pop up's and does not slow down the computer/laptop since it is used for animation purpose.
We have been using Kaspersky for years and there are a lot of pop ups which keep coming up every now and then and I suspect it is slowing down the computer too. Sometimes it suspects Windows files and other legitimate programs too.

I have been told by a friend that Windows defender with uBlock origin (anti-malware for the browser) is good enough for all purposes.
Ideally the maximum protection would also be required in the case of NetBanking and other financial payments on online sites which we all would like to have.
Pls do let me know your suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nitin
Kaspersky is a nightmare!

I use Bitdefender Internet Security 1device 3 years. Happy with the performance.

Kaspersky is a nightmare!

I use this ..https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N7MYT66/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_CZBYTVNY8YYYRZX6AVKN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the info Sean. After installation, is there any lag in the comp's performance ?

I used mcafee for 3 years but it was not a smooth experience for me and lately switched to norton 360. It’s excellent and very smooth to use. They also provide password manager, cloud back up, and web browser protection. I don’t use them except for password manager which is amazing. U can use it to save all your credentials and use it on ur mobile device as well. U just need to authenticate the password manager and it automatically fills the credentials for all apps and web pages.

I used mcafee for 3 years but it was not a smooth experience for me and lately switched to norton 360. It’s excellent and very smooth to use. They also provide password manager, cloud back up, and web browser protection. I don’t use them except for password manager which is amazing. U can use it to save all your credentials and use it on ur mobile device as well. U just need to authenticate the password manager and it automatically fills the credentials for all apps and web pages.
Thanks Naveen. Apparently McAfee is ok and not very effective. Had used Norton too long ago but had changed to McAfee after that.
I guess Norton must have been vastly upgraded after that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Malwarebytes past 10+ years. No issues. Very hard to be without it now.
Thank you Sir. I was going to install Malwarebytes but read a lot of negative reviews on the net regarding its renewal services and uninstallation. Although it is supposed to be very effective.

With Windows-10, I find its in-built Defender is more than enough. With windows 7 I use Microsoft Security Essentials.
Thank you Sir, will surely look into that.

Last edited:
Thank you Sir. I was going to install Malwarebytes but read a lot of negative reviews on the net regarding its renewal services and uninstallation. Although it is supposed to be very effective.
Always buy licensed version directly from them. It never expires. Cost less than 1800/- to buy. If you are looking for free then look elsewhere.

was using kaspersky for while but from 6-8 years now only windows defender and it has been fine so far not a single instance of virus attack or malware on my desktop as well as my laptop and two my kids laptops, i think windows defender plus a anti malware ( not sure which one) should do
i also do financial transactions on both my systems

was using kaspersky for while but from 6-8 years now only windows defender and it has been fine so far not a single instance of virus attack or malware on my desktop as well as my laptop and two my kids laptops, i think windows defender plus a anti malware ( not sure which one) should do
i also do financial transactions on both my systems
Thanks Arun, have heard that Windows Defender has come a long way and is also continuously updating itself against the latest attacks besides being non-intrusive. But it may require an anti-malware software while browsing. Will also look at Microsoft Essentials as suggested here.

Eset - Nod32. Have been using it for many years. Light on the memory and does not slow down the system. Runs efficiently on the background.

I've used lots of Paid Anti virus software in the past 15 years.

McAfee was worst in my Experience, Eset Nod32 being Best (for better Heuristic Analysis Capabilities) Followed Closely by Kaspersky (best info) & Bitdefender (least obtrusive) (both of which I'm using currently). Norton Earlier used to Hurt system speed remarkably, but have heard Very Good things about Norton 360. Quick heal and Trend Micro are equally good.

Never Ever Use Free 3rd Party Anti virus Softwares ; they're not reliable or they themselves behave like Spywares. Windows Defender is best if you want it free.

Always buy licensed version directly from them. It never expires. Cost less than 1800/- to buy. If you are looking for free then look elsewhere.
Malwarebytes stopped selling life time licenses, now only yearly subscription. Not sure how genuine, ebay.com has lifetime license listings.

I use Kaspersky+Malwarebytes, I would recommend both.

I've used lots of Paid Anti virus software in the past 15 years.

McAfee was worst in my Experience, Eset Nod32 being Best (for better Heuristic Analysis Capabilities) Followed Closely by Kaspersky (best info) & Bitdefender (least obtrusive) (both of which I'm using currently). Norton Earlier used to Hurt system speed remarkably, but have heard Very Good things about Norton 360. Quick heal and Trend Micro are equally good.

Never Ever Use Free 3rd Party Anti virus Softwares ; they're not reliable or they themselves behave like Spywares. Windows Defender is best if you want it free.
Thanks Drkrack . Have been using Kaspersky for the last few years and finding it slowing down the system plus
the unnecessary popups.
Will surely check Bit Defender and Norton 360.

Have been using Norton on my both laptops for some years now. I also use MalwareByte for periodic scanning.

My Office PCs have Defender which also works fine.
Thanks Yogesh, are you using Norton 360 and any slowing down of the computer or annoying pop up's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back