Very Slow BSNL Broadband Speed over HTTP.

deba

Dear All,

I am using BSNL Braodband UL 750 Plan and getting very slow connection when browsing the web and Downloading over HTTP. Torrents are working fine at full speed.I am using the same computer / modem and configuration for a long time but this problem stareted about 15 days back.

I have scanned for virus but no viruses were found and used both IE 8 and Firefox but the speed did not increase.I have tried on both Win XP Home and Win 7 Home Premium.Using Open DNS at present.

Complained to the BSNL staff with no help as usual.:mad:

Any idea whats gone wrong ??:sad:

Kindly discuss.

Thanks.

Dear All,

I am using BSNL Braodband UL 750 Plan and getting very slow connection when browsing the web and Downloading over HTTP. Torrents are working fine at full speed.I am using the same computer / modem and configuration for a long time but this problem stareted about 15 days back.

I have scanned for virus but no viruses were found and used both IE 8 and
It may be probably because of BSNL's DNS Server issue. Try google DNS or openDNS . I get this problem occasionaly and i switch to openDNS when there's a issue(since u are already using openDNS try with Google DNS). Better switch to BSNL's DNS server (once the issue is resolved), that will be the fastest. Their DNS server goes down especially in the nights. And they restart only in the morning. Bad service... And they dont respond to our questions properly.
Alternatively try with FireFox or google chrome browser. IE might slow down if you have more plugins installed.

Last edited:
Problem seems to be with your browser or computer since the connection is at full speed for torrents.
Google chrome is fast even though not recommended for banking/security sites.
Also try to use a registry cleaner and a computer tune up tool.
Using Google DNS (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) can make the speed better.
Using CC cleaner can clean all unwanted stored internet files/cookies.
Some antivirus programs (in my experience - Norton and sometimes Mcafee) can slow down the speed.
If the problem starts only 15 days back, try to restore your system (wiping the latest updates)
Also check for any recently installed software.

Stop your torrents, and then try browsing.. if your torrents are eating up your bandwidth ..you could get slow browsing.. limewire is also not recommended it slows your system down bad..

I have tried browsing while the torrents are stopped completely and used Google Chrome / Firefox. Tried with different DNS servers but the browsing speed is very slow.......scanned the computer with Avast Antivirus but found no viruses.......

8-((

UL 750 has 512kbps speed not 256kbps .......torrents gives me speed of 512 kbps and sometimes even 600kbps.........but http downloads are very slow , never more then 150-190 kbps.......(note small b).....

With an 8Mbps Unlimited Etisalat connection, I was getting a torrent DL speed of 1Mbps only.

With 512 Kbps speed your torrent speed is upto 600 Kbps, that's great..:cool:

BSNL Broadband HTTP browsing still very slow but torents are very fast......BSNL cannot help as usual......Can anyone say what is the problem ??

I am using BSNL UL750, but I get too many disconnects while downloading (JDownloader)...

I never faced this problem with Airtel, which I had before and changed to BSNL as Airtel does not have 512kbps after FUP :(

Praveen.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back