Videocon D2H - initial install, setup questions

In any case even when it was working at the time of start up it will boot before the set-top box is operational. Is it normal?

That does not sound normal at all. My STB does not show any of these symptoms and has been working fine, so far, since installation about a week or so ago.

Got the D2H HD installation done. As per the order two months of South Platinum HD is part of the package. I have checked the STB model number and it is 2222. All the HD channels looks too good in my new TV. SD channels quality also improved compared to TS SD. User interface is smooth.
Worth the upgrade.

Thanks all for the help/support !

Can someone confirm the latest D2H STB model number?
Will it come with HDMI cable ?

Thanks for the help. Just wanted to make sure I am getting latest STB so that no follow up for STB change is needed.

That does not sound normal at all. My STB does not show any of these symptoms and has been working fine, so far, since installation about a week or so ago.

Well now I got a new one and seems to be working fine. 3 Set top box and 1 Adpter got changed in last 15 days or so, and finally it seems OK. But it still boots every time I starts with the msg " Set top is will boot and screen will go blank for 30 seconds or so" and then the yellow screen will come with few shadow figurines and D2H on the Left Bottom and will show a progress bar at bottom and only after that it starts working. This happens everytime you switch it off totally (not stand by). Hope it is not the sign of a lemon again.:sad:

But it still boots every time I starts with the msg " Set top is will boot and screen will go blank for 30 seconds or so" and then the yellow screen will come with few shadow figurines and D2H on the Left Bottom and will show a progress bar at bottom and only after that it starts working. This happens everytime you switch it off totally (not stand by). Hope it is not the sign of a lemon again.:sad:

That I think is normal behavior for the 2222 STB when cold booted, at least on my STB. You may not have to be :sad:

Oh ! I am relieved. I don't have the energy to do go back to them again in case it would have been an issue. Last 15-16 days a lot of energy wasted just co-ordinating with their CC and field engineers. :(

It is the way the stb boots. Even if you turn off the stb using remote, it will start the booting process when switched on next time. If you look at the stb properties you can see that the OS is linux based and probably it needs a booting process.

This booting occurs only when mains power is removed or if remote OFF is long pressed. For normal standby it doesn't. And keeping in standby is sufficient, why switch off the main switch?

I usually switch off because TV, STB, Player etc all connected to same switch.
I think we will get used to this booting process.

Just wanted to know do you all keep in standby mode overnight?

Just have this one big question -
I just bought a HD DIGITAL STB D2H model 2222 (white box) with external recording.
Installation would probably be done today.

Just wanted to know if a base pack is mandatory?
I don't watch a lot of TV but had to take it coz of parents. They also are loyal to 1-2 desi soapy channels.

Can I just make a A La Carte channel selection for 10-20 channels? HD and SD combined?
I read a disclaimer at the bottom of the A La Carte page stating that minimum subcription of 150 Rs is mandatory. I can get that in approx 7-8 channels (approx 20 bucks a channel). Add a few SD one's and be done within 200 bucks a month? Will this work?

Just have this one big question -
I just bought a HD DIGITAL STB D2H model 2222 (white box) with external recording.
Installation would probably be done today.

Just wanted to know if a base pack is mandatory?

Base pack is not mandatory as long as the A La Carte channels add upto Rs. 150. There is a minimum lock-in of 3 months on the A La Carte channels you select.

Base pack is not mandatory as long as the A La Carte channels add upto Rs. 150. There is a minimum lock-in of 3 months on the A La Carte channels you select.

Thanks Jsmith,

So by Lock in, I believe, you mean, once I select a set of A LA CARTE channels then I have to stay with them for the next three months?

Is my understanding correct?

The sales guy also told me, that since currently I have one month South Platinum HD pack free, I need to call them 2-3 weeks after installation and ask them to downgrade to cheaper pack/ A LA CARTE, else they might renew the same pack again for the next month. Is this correct?

Earlier my AVR used to display ` Dolby Digital' for Discovery HD, Star MoviesHD, etc. For last few days it is not displaying anything but only source name (AV 2). It is not showing even `PCM'. What could be wrong? Can anybody help. I have Videocon D2H HD STB(black) and Yamaha-473 AVR.

Thanks Jsmith,

So by Lock in, I believe, you mean, once I select a set of A LA CARTE channels then I have to stay with them for the next three months?

Is my understanding correct?

You have to stay with the A La Carte channels for 3 months before you can drop any of them. I think you can however add channels though.

The sales guy also told me, that since currently I have one month South Platinum HD pack free, I need to call them 2-3 weeks after installation and ask them to downgrade to cheaper pack/ A LA CARTE, else they might renew the same pack again for the next month. Is this correct?

Not sure about that. The outsourced CC is typical of service providers and will provide different answers each time you ask them. Eg. the CC told me that the d2H cinema pack I added on will be auto-renewed next month unless I cancel it. Time will tell.

I don't know if Videocon will auto-bill a credit card, but if you made a cash or cheque payment, then there cannot be auto-renewal. To be sure, I'd suggest checking online and/or calling CC a week before expiry of the free pack.

Earlier my AVR used to display ` Dolby Digital' for Discovery HD, Star MoviesHD, etc. For last few days it is not displaying anything but only source name (AV 2). It is not showing even `PCM'. What could be wrong? Can anybody help. I have Videocon D2H HD STB(black) and Yamaha-473 AVR.

If you haven't messed with any of your connections recently, don't do anything further since it could be that the broadcaster temporarily stopped providing a DD feed for those channels, or it could be a Videocon D2H issue in which case you can raise a complaint with Videocon D2H. I will check and let you know the DD status on these channels when I get back home.

The broadcaster temporarily turning off DD audio has been known to happen. Look through the other D2H, TS, Airtel DTH threads for similar issues reported across providers.

I will check and let you know the DD status on these channels when I get back home.

DD indicator not lit on my AVR as of now for any of the HD channels via my Videocon D2H 2222 STB. The DD indicator used to light up on some of these channels(Movies Now HD etc.) when I last watched them a week or so ago.

Hi,

Pls suggest me the STB which I have to go for my fullHD LED Tv 55 inch.

Mostly watch south regional channels.. Recording is not my priority.

Good Quality channels is what I'm looking.

now that TATA SKY HD is also available for 2k..matching Videocon price.

Pls suggest, which is good

TATA SKY or videocon

i'm looking for GOOD Quality HD(not more number) channels and decent quality on TAMIL Channels.

could someone please tell me the costs involved in:

1. getting the white HD STB (as per the site, its for 1890/-)?!

2. the black HD STB (for 4990/-)?!

and, which of the two would be recommended? i would prefer the latter, if it allows you to move the recorded contents onto a pen-drive, and if the total cost of installation doesn't exceed beyong 6k.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back