Vinatage Sansui

veronica

I just joined this forum to learn more about what I have inherited and how to make it work.

I have a Sansui AU-20000 and TU-9900. I plugged it all in and the tuner only was working on a few stations, then it randomly stopped.

BTW, does anyone know how much this stuff is worth?

A fortune, my gosh!
Yeah ... not a million dollars though, but these models are rated to be the 'best', the very best Sansui ever produced. Both these are of the 70s era, when the Japanese yen made it possible to 'have' the wares manufactured in Japan, and also use top quality no-compromise componenets.

Monetarily, these are worth upwards of $1500. In audiophile terms, SQ wise, they're very very worthwhile items.

If you know a good technician, get them serviced. Change all capacitors with the best that you can afford and sit back to enjoy the sounds for another 30 years!

I just joined this forum to learn more about what I have inherited and how to make it work.

I have a Sansui AU-20000 and TU-9900. I plugged it all in and the tuner only was working on a few stations, then it randomly stopped.

BTW, does anyone know how much this stuff is worth?

your best bet is to check current and archived listings for these amps in ebay, audiogon etc. also google these models and you could stumble onto sales on other forums.

if you put it for sale, to get the best price especially with vintage amps like these, is to be informative and educate prospective buyers of its value. so a bit of reading will also help.

Cool thanks, I think I will take it into get it serviced. I had no idea what I had. Some random guy walked into my house and offered me $300. I said I didn't want to sell, then a few weeks later he called and offered me $600, I'm not an idiot, that's when I started checking around.
:)
I might sell it to him but I'm not giving it away that's for sure. Lol. It's a sweet set up, seems to be in really good condition, but I will take it in. I know my dad bought it new in Japan in the seventies, and I've never seen him play it.

Will keep you guys posted thanks!

Yeah if the condition is really good , they are worth a lot.

BTW, i had an impression this forum has indian presence , how did you find this forum?

I googled sansui au-20000 and this forum was one of the few things that came up.

Good things in life come with HFV!

helium

HiFi setup I- CA 640c V2 + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 + Lyrita IC & cables

HiFi setup II- SB Classic + Sansui AU-317 + Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables

The bugger does'nt know the true worth of this amp!
Guys, check it first and pick up eyes closed. 16K is $300 equiv.... :) in addition to it being of vintage value + fantastic SQ.
One was available for sale in the outskirts of Kolkata too ... sometime back.

I have both the au20000 and tu9900 since they were new. they have been a treasured member of our family for many years delivering awesome music. I hope you keep hold of yours, they are worth keeping. Unfortunately I have to sell mine. Good luck!

Damn it ...i surely remember following olx thoroughly for vintage amps ( in jan feb) ..HOW DID I MISS THAT.

DAMN it it was the deal of the decade ( for me ) and he says condition is fine too. :((

veronica : if your piece is clean, its worth more than 1000, dont worry. list it on ebay as an auction, and see how far it goes. ( if you really want to sell it )

but as everyone said here , its a rare piece with amazing quality, i'd be insane to sell it.

hie,the vintage amplifier and tuner are worth more then what we can get now...,its very hard to get this quality of sound now days,i recon to keep it or pass it over to someone who appreciate it.

i was having wharfedale 9.2 and ca s30 and was using these with denon 1912 and sometimes with norge 1000.
i came across an advertise in olex and bought sansui s100j 100w speakers from kolkata.
i am quite satisfied with the quality of sound it produces. very very clear highs and mids. though a little bit less lows compared to wharfes.
note that it hasa 12" woofer and do not have ports. i prefer it for listening music. bass is right for me. no boom boom but sharp bass.
i had got opertunity to listennow a days speakers. though it is of bigger size, i did not hear any speaker sounding that good double its price. it could have been bargained for l little less. but i m poor at bargaining. paid 10k and add 2.5k for bringing it to my place. small damage to cabinate during transportation too.

any way love these.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back